Kampers West RV Park

Warrenton, Oregon

Recent Rate: $35 4/2014

• yes-stream Waterfront

Terry Buholm

We spent 2 days here. This is an older park that is showing signs of wear. Some spots have picnic tables, some do not. Hookups are shared with other site; only 30 amp service. Tried to take a shower but big sign said no hot water, when I asked about it the guy in the office thought I was out of line for asking about it. He said the other building has a shower; the water went out last week. Wi-Fi was not working; very low signal. For what they charge everything should work not worth the money they charge. Good for overnight but not long term. Only back-in sites, gravel but covered with moss. The grass needs to be mowed, too. Might stay overnight again just to see if things are fixed. We camped at Kampers West RV Park in a Motorhome.

DXSMac

Weird layout. I would call this a "staggered back to back." You share your pole with a back-in from the row behind you, but that slot is not directly behind you. They are on your kitty corner. I guess that's better than them being directly behind you, that's always weird to me. Slots are asphalt with some grass between your for "spacing." There is free wi-fi, but when I asked about it, I was told it's "spotty." Check in person didn't bother to give me the code (if there was one), but then again, I didn't bother to ask. When I checked for Wi-Fi's, I found a whole bunch, wasn't sure which one to use, found they all required codes. Tried to call after hours to get the code, phone isn't answered after hours. Whatever, I'll just use my Verizon, which worked just fine. Rate I am showing is with Good Sam Discount. Park is ok for an overnight, but it's not close to anything. We camped at Kampers West RV Park in a Motorhome.

Rpopeye

We were pleasantly pleased with the park. Being a place near lots of fishing we were not expecting it to be as nice as it was. We had paved roads and paved site and nice grass between. Appears to have lots of fishermen staying there, but the part of the park we were in the people were very nice, and quiet and overall a very nice park. Would stay again. Didn't go down to the back where there are tents, etc., so have no comment on that. But certainly would recommend. The gal in the office was very nice and helpful.. We camped at Kampers West RV Park in a Motorhome.

Orlan

Not a great park, but not a terrible one. Wifi doesn't reach all sites. Sites are gravel, mostly level. Back sites are on Alder Creek and are mostly tenting sites. Very close when several large RVs parked in a row with slide-outs out. Owner is very nice and the area is wonderful. Noise during the day, but not at night. Very close to a lot of Lewis and Clark sites and Astoria nearby is wonderful. We camped at Kampers West RV Park in a Motorhome.

peddy dick

Not bad not great. 30 amp and back-in site made for less than thrilling stay for a 45ft RV. And, yes the de-barking mill is still at it. After a while you stop wondering when the helicopter will take off and realize it's the mill. We camped at Kampers West RV Park in a Motorhome.

jeffnbarb

Price reflects a group caravan so fee included. Not a good park for big rigs. While the sites can sort of accommodate 40-45' rigs, they are all back in and tight. Also on entry there are numerous obstacles making for even tighter turns. This and 30 amp only makes me not recommend this park. Note for smaller rigs: there is a noisy lumberyard nearby going 24/7. We camped at Kampers West RV Park in a Motorhome.

yachtjockey

This is an older park that is in need of a make over. Used primarily for long term residents and fishermen. The Wi-Fi only works very near the office. No 50 amp. No shade, tight sites for bigger rigs. Does have some grass sites and some paved. Advertised as having cable TV but ours didn't work. Its about 3-4 miles off US 101 and fairly quiet. Not a great value at $38 but due to the late time arriving, we had to stay somewhere. I wouldn't recommend it due to the pricing. Goods and services require a drive of a few miles. We camped at Kampers West RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Old Detective

This is a very busy park during the summer and appears to be a snowbird park along with a number of fisherpersons. Sites are blacktop with grass. Quite an expensive park for this area of the country as the park appears to be a bit worn and in need of minor maintenance in the restrooms. Locks broken on showers and shower curtains soiled and needing repair. While the amenities are satisfactory, one would expect a pristine park for the high daily fees. We camped at Kampers West RV Park in a Motorhome.

Sour Lake

After arriving and leveling RV, I went to plug into a 30 amp outlet and the receptacle was so old and worn out that the plug would not stay in it. I went and checked with the office and they told me to move to another site. Before I moved I went and checked that plug and it was just as bad as the first. I then went to several open sites and checked them. There were 4 empty sites in that row and all the plugs were the same. I went to another row and the plug was new. I went and asked if I could move to that site. They were accommodating and said that was fine. The attendant came out to look at the plug and I showed him what was wrong. The bathrooms were clean but old and outdated. The fish cleaning station is right in the front of the park and the smell is awful. We were in the last row and could still smell the fish odor. My overall opinion is that it was a nice place at one time but has not been maintained. We camped at Kampers West RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

RV Jim of Oregon

I have stayed at this park several times and it is slowing going down hill. When it rains (at the coast it does rain) water does not drain and puddles are up to 4 inches deep. The manager is a little out spoken but his wife is great. The store is very lightly stocked. In the summer it is a fishing camp and has a good fish cleaning station but If you get a spot close to it kind of smelly. Has nice club house. In the summer it also has several fishing guides that stay there so if fishing is your thing very handy. I would stay again but it would not be my first choice. We camped at Kampers West RV Park in a Motorhome.

ruthieva

This park could be wonderful, but for a few problems. First, there is a roaring/grinding/moaning sound from about 6:30 AM until at least 10 PM as there is a logging facility at the side of the park. It ran on weekdays & Sat., but we didn't hear it on Sunday (we left early on Sunday). Also, we were never able to hook up to the wi-fi. I was told I could use the computer in the office which was not helpful, as we make travel plans in the evening for the following day, and the office is closed by then. Also, there were tent campers--not too noisy, but did carry on past 10 PM quiet time. Showers are cleaned between 9 & 11 AM--convenient for the staff, not the campers! There is tent camping, and there are several attractive cabins for rent. There are many long term folks throughout the park. They offer no discounts of any kind, and their price seems high for what you get, but there isn't anywhere else in the area, so people pay! Now for the good stuff. The park is paved, except for gravel parking strips for cars. Sites have strips of grass and a picnic table. Grounds are pleasant. It is a great place for fishermen. Good water pressure in showers and plenty of hot water (though showers could be cleaner; there was algae on the shower controls which could be easily removed with Tilex or Soft Scrub). There is a wonderful walking path that begins one block past the park on the right--just in front of the logging facility. That was the highlight of our stay as the path is great ,and there are benches so you can sit and gaze at birds and ships passing by. It is very unlikely we will stay here again. Cannon Beach and Seaside are close, and we prefer it there. We camped at Kampers West RV Park in a Motorhome.

Workamper04

We were on a level gravel site that was wide with nice grass area that was well cared for by the maintenance dept. Had okay water pressure and good quality. Site was 30amp FHU w/cable TV. Area is quiet on weekends when the plant near the park on the west is closed. Park recycles and offers fair priced propane. Staff was very friendly and will pick on you given the chance; they have fun with their job. Would return here if again in the area. Price is high but it's a limited season and there are few parks. At least you are not bumping awnings with the neighbor. The area is really set up for those who enjoy fishing with first rate cleaning facilities. We camped at Kampers West RV Park in a Motorhome.

Oregon Ms

I did not think that the sites were small at all. Each site had a table and good size amount of grass. WiFi was available, however it was hit and miss. Store was not much. Nice location, a short drive to Ft Stevens, the beach, town. Cable TV was good, plenty of stations. There was a pretty creek and a dog park next door (a very short drive or a bit of a stroll down the road). Has a nice fish cleaning facility. We camped at Kampers West RV Park in a Motorhome.

blackdogg

Small park and you are packed into the spots. Not much area to take dogs on potty breaks if people are camping in tents. We camped at Kampers West RV Park in a Motorhome.

coupe

This campground is excellent for the fisherman in mind. The sites are close, but if you're out fishing you're up early and sleeping early. There is parking for boats. They have a large fish cleaning station which includes crab cooking and cleaning. Plenty of fish carcases for crabbing. The down fall is the rotten fish smell if you are too close to the garbage cans. But what the heck, you are there to fish. We camped at Kampers West RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Kampers West RV Park?