Lazy K Campground

Bechtelsville, Pennsylvania

tdrager

The owner told us to park in any unoccupied site but made us move the rig after we parked it. Charged extra for two of my kids. Not family friendly as advertised. However, it is friendly to long-term campers. Nothing to do. Couldn't find the play ground nor stream as shown on the website. No WiFi at our site. The owner didn't seem happy to have a family of five staying for only one night. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Motorhome.

Johnny Hurryup

Never ran into the allegedly crazy owner alluded to by other reviewers. Only needed to stay overnight. The park is built on the side of a hill but the large sites all terraced so they are level. My motorhome was straining to get to the site. No amenities to speak of. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Motorhome.

steerroper

This is a nice clean, quiet and roomy park. Well maintained and the owners and staff are friendly and accommodating. Blacktop roads and mostly level gravel pads. My only problem was with the Wi-Fi. They have Wi-Fi but you have to be standing next to the office to use it. They have areas with shade trees but I chose a clear area so I could use my satellite dish. The laundry room is clean and has fairly new appliances. I did not use the showers/public rest room facilities so I cannot comment on them. There is a Wal-Mart Super center less than a mile away and plenty of restaurants nearby. It is off the beaten path so there is no road noise. Overall, I enjoyed this campground because it is roomy, quiet and well maintained. Good place for an over nite or long term stay. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Motorhome.

happy snapper

It looked great from the outside but as one knows, it's only when you stay in a place that you discover what it's really like. And you all know that if you travel in a rig with a small shower, one does look forward to showering in a larger and CLEAN bathroom. Well the size was there, but I don't think it had been cleaned since the last review for the Trailer Life Directory. The internet sucked even though we were close to it. I would NEVER return to this place EVER, as I can't stand DIRTY bathrooms. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Motorhome.

formerrooowner

Campground is fairly quiet which is what we like and all sites are clean. Roads are paved, sites are gravel and fairly level. Could not access their Internet from our site. The girls on the staff that we came across were pleasant, helpful, and friendly but there are a few staff members who are just plain unfriendly. Very picky about where you park. Will only allow one car per site even if there is room for another vehicle (such as a visitor). Quite a few seasonals and run-down RVs. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Motorhome.

Cletus

We have visited this park for the last 6 summers and have seen many improvements to it's overall appeal. The newest area has level sites and many have good views. The owner is strict, but it is in the interest of safety and enjoyment to other campers. We've never seen or heard rowdiness. The grounds and trees are easy on the eyes. We plan to stay at this campground again when we visit the East coast. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Motorhome.

skygod225

I wish I had read the reviews of this campground before I stayed there. The owner is as everyone else has stated. He is the most vulgar and rudest individual I have ever had the unpleasant chance to meet. His rules are extreme, and they change on a whim. He desperately hates out of town workers, even though we filled his campground up in the spring, before "camping season" even began. He won't turn on your water if you have the wrong hose, etc. He also meters your electricity and charges for it if you get a weekly or monthly rate. His bath houses are locked up, and if you do get a key, they are filthy. This is definitely not a child friendly campground, or even a pet friendly for that fact. I personally heard him bless out other campers and staff to the point of tears. Having just returned from Iraq, I wasn't intimidated by him, but I bet he carries a firearm concealed so be wary around this powder keg. As far as the campground is concerned, it is real nice, for a trailer park. The roads are paved, there is cable, water, sewer and electric. The sites are tiny and stacked upon one another on a hill, which is very windy. If you stake your awning down, stay out of the grass. Try not to make reservations during non business hours, because he will tell you to call back, only with more coarseness and DO NOT show up after hours, he will not let you into a site, even if you have a reservation. Do not expect to have visitors because only 1 vehicle per site is allowed. I would not even recommend this place to my worst enemy. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Travel Trailer.

7campers

I am having a hard time trying to describe this campground and the owner without using the words I would really like to use. There is absolutely nothing to do here. The owner would not allow anyone to use the shower house/restrooms. He is extremely rude. He yells and swears at his wife all the time in front of people and customers. He thinks everyone is an idiot and they do not know what they are doing. Nobody we spoke to in the campground or in town has anything good to say about him. I would not stay here again unless I had to. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

gypsy74

I have been on the road full time for three years. Having read the previous reviews on Lazy K I was most careful in reading his Rules and Regulations. We wanted to stay a week but were cautious. The owner’s rules are emphatic; they are most strict. Violation results in rejection without recourse to advanced payment. When his staff could not answer a question the owner was summoned and entered the office like a bull in a china shop, standing with hands on hip, prepared to do battle saying in loud voice “Just what is the problem here?” I caution all to understand the owners' rules because if you so much as use a container of water to remove bugs from wind shield - eviction. After all, he has to pay 29 cents a gallon for that water. I feel the owner lacks people skills. We departed quickly after meeting the owner. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Motorhome.

fisherking

We were to stay here for 3 days, but ended up staying 2 1/2 hrs. The owner of this campground is the rudest man I have ever met. Started screaming at us because our truck tire was no more than 3 inches on his grass. I seriously thought he was going to attack me. When my husband told him to watch his language around our children, he went ballastic and told us we had a hour to leave. I have been camping for over 35 years and have never been asked to leave from anywhere. I can't believe this man is in this business. Fair warning to anyone who come here, stay off the man's grass. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

campin dutchman

Arrived in the pouring rain and there was some puddles in the main road, but the sites were graveled and pretty level. Stayed 2 nights and had no issues, friendly staff. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Motorhome.

jsosborn

We camp out a lot. We're on a 3 1/2 month trip right now that includes Mexico and about 20 US states. We've been around the block and know the good, the bad and the ugly. This was without doubt the absolute WORST campground experience I ever had. I feared for my life when the owner threw us out for getting stuck in a big muddy patch. I've never been yelled at continuously in any setting, never mind by a member of the hospitality industry. The owner kept yelling that "You people keep doing this!" which says to me maybe his signs weren't working, but it was all my fault to him. At one point in the harangue, his son approached me and said "My dad has anger management issues". I literally called 911 and said if my body was found, the owner of the campground did it. I've told the stories to other campers, and been generally met with disbelief, but I swear on my mother's grave that the owner of this park yelled at me for almost an hour. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Motorhome.

chicagobear

Host had an attitude and was surprised when I showed him a copy of our reservation confirmation. Although he was helpful in getting situated in the back-in site, the site was dirty/muddy. We will not return to this place. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

6grengs

Located close to the interstate. Park is quiet with clean restrooms. We used for an overnighter. Second time we have stayed here. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Motorhome.

campingdutchman

Park was clean and well kept. Owner addressed some rowdy kids quickly and effectively. Small playground. We stayed down by the fishing pond and it was nice. Only had water, electric, cable, but it was more then sufficient. Reasonable price for a campground near to Dorney Park (20 minutes). New play area for kids could be bigger but it was clean and nice. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Lazy K Campground?