Bechtelsville, Pennsylvania

• Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no
  • Pond Pond yes
  • Creek Creek yes

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $35.00

This is a difficult campground to review. There are things I really like about it, but their website is also a little misleading and their bathhouse is just terrible.

Start with the good, we were camped in the lower portion of the campground on a water/electric site. The sites are in a great location, well spaced, level, with large trees and a picturesque fishing pond. Water and electric were both in good working order. There is some light and road noise from nearby Rt 100, but it died down in the evening. The downside of the location, and what the map and website don't explain, is that these sites are on a different property, even in a different municipality, and more then ½mile from the bath house and the rest of the campground. There was a port-a-pot there, but you had to drive to take a shower.

The bath house was the other downer. It had nice showers that seemed to be recently renovated, but one of the toilets was clogged all weekend and the whole place smelled due to poor ventilation. There were no mirrors above the sinks, and it finally it was a struggle to work the lock to the ladies room, we could not open it at all the first night we were there.

We never ran into the crazy owner and in fact we only saw one staff member who checked us in when we arrived. She was wonderful, leading us to a site of our choosing and bringing down a large load of firewood which she helped unload.

In all I would return, but only if they resolved the bath house situation. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Section R2 Site 20

Americana Diner, just down Rt 100, is excellent, great food and service. Lots to do in the area, including a historic car museum and heritage railroad in the very nice down town area of Boyertown.

Lazyk, owner at Lazy K Campground responded to this review

Sorry the map is misleading, We actually tried to design it so that it wouldn't be misleading. I will have to see how to fix this. The bathhouse was in the process of being remodeled. It is done at this time.(even has ac). The lower section I am working on getting an additional bathhouse but at this time the township is fighting me on it.
As for the crazy owner the campground is under new management since 2014.
I appreciate your feedback, and rest assured that we are always trying to improve our campground to keep our campers happy.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $35.00

Paved roads, gravel sites. It is on a hill and the sites are terraced. The first spot we were put into was a bit unlevel and we had a hard time trying to get level. We asked to be moved and the camp manager was very pleasant and found a better spot for us. We were here 5 nights, very quiet park for the most part. The rules are strict, but for the betterment of the park and provided a quiet pleasant stay. One neighbor had a noisy dog and when we called the park manager, she told us that a few other campers had also called her and she was on her way to check things out. Problem resolved. We were on the top of the hill and had a beautiful view of the area around us. No pool, playground or other amenities. The laundry facilities that are clean. There is a car race track somewhere in the area, so Saturday evening was a bit noisy. Nothing they can do about that. We will stay here again when in the area. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Motorhome.

section c

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $36.00

We stayed here at the beginning of the season so there were few other occupied sites. We chose to stay in the lower part of the park, off the hill. Had a site with water and electric. The sites on the hill were mostly filled with seasonal/year round occupants. They also had amenities likw sewer that we didn't need. It is an excellent park and I would stay here again if the opportunity arose. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Motorhome.

Lower area
Fire Ring

Date of Stay: May, 2013 - $46.00

The owner told us to park in any unoccupied site but made us move the rig after we parked it. Charged extra for two of my kids. Not family friendly as advertised. However, it is friendly to long-term campers. Nothing to do. Couldn't find the play ground nor stream as shown on the website. No WiFi at our site. The owner didn't seem happy to have a family of five staying for only one night. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $38.00

Never ran into the allegedly crazy owner alluded to by other reviewers. Only needed to stay overnight. The park is built on the side of a hill but the large sites all terraced so they are level. My motorhome was straining to get to the site. No amenities to speak of. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2011 - $34.00

This is a nice clean, quiet and roomy park. Well maintained and the owners and staff are friendly and accommodating. Blacktop roads and mostly level gravel pads. My only problem was with the Wi-Fi. They have Wi-Fi but you have to be standing next to the office to use it. They have areas with shade trees but I chose a clear area so I could use my satellite dish. The laundry room is clean and has fairly new appliances. I did not use the showers/public rest room facilities so I cannot comment on them. There is a Wal-Mart Super center less than a mile away and plenty of restaurants nearby. It is off the beaten path so there is no road noise. Overall, I enjoyed this campground because it is roomy, quiet and well maintained. Good place for an over nite or long term stay. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $34.00

It looked great from the outside but as one knows, it's only when you stay in a place that you discover what it's really like. And you all know that if you travel in a rig with a small shower, one does look forward to showering in a larger and CLEAN bathroom. Well the size was there, but I don't think it had been cleaned since the last review for the Trailer Life Directory. The internet sucked even though we were close to it. I would NEVER return to this place EVER, as I can't stand DIRTY bathrooms. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $40.00

Campground is fairly quiet which is what we like and all sites are clean. Roads are paved, sites are gravel and fairly level. Could not access their Internet from our site. The girls on the staff that we came across were pleasant, helpful, and friendly but there are a few staff members who are just plain unfriendly. Very picky about where you park. Will only allow one car per site even if there is room for another vehicle (such as a visitor). Quite a few seasonals and run-down RVs. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2009 - $33.00

We have visited this park for the last 6 summers and have seen many improvements to it's overall appeal. The newest area has level sites and many have good views. The owner is strict, but it is in the interest of safety and enjoyment to other campers. We've never seen or heard rowdiness. The grounds and trees are easy on the eyes. We plan to stay at this campground again when we visit the East coast. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $38.00

I thought I would write this review because not only did I have a wonderful stay here for the month I was in Pennsylvania, but after reading the other reviews, I thought it was my duty to provide you the future campers, a realistic impression based on my perceptions that I am sure the average American can appreciate. Yes: the owner is strict in regards to the park and business he owns, but only to the point where the park has clear and realistic rules for it's operation, safety of campers and peace of mind for the campers to enjoy their time here. Secondly, because of the owner, staff and rules, this park is professionally maintained, safe and secure, peaceful for the campers who are here for peace and enjoyment, and it is extremely clean due to the constant rotation of the park staff maintaining the facilities. People who can't follow the rules shouldn't go to this park because the owner and staff will likely ask them to leave so that the rest of us who want to enjoy the peace and serenity can enjoy their time here. I will definitely return and I have recommended this park to my other camping friends. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2009 - $38.00

I have been on the road full time for three years. Having read the previous reviews on Lazy K I was most careful in reading his Rules and Regulations. We wanted to stay a week but were cautious. The owner’s rules are emphatic; they are most strict. Violation results in rejection without recourse to advanced payment. When his staff could not answer a question the owner was summoned and entered the office like a bull in a china shop, standing with hands on hip, prepared to do battle saying in loud voice “Just what is the problem here?” I caution all to understand the owners' rules because if you so much as use a container of water to remove bugs from wind shield - eviction. After all, he has to pay 29 cents a gallon for that water. I feel the owner lacks people skills. We departed quickly after meeting the owner. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2009 - $25.00

I wish I had read the reviews of this campground before I stayed there. The owner is as everyone else has stated. He is the most vulgar and rudest individual I have ever had the unpleasant chance to meet. His rules are extreme, and they change on a whim. He desperately hates out of town workers, even though we filled his campground up in the spring, before "camping season" even began. He won't turn on your water if you have the wrong hose, etc. He also meters your electricity and charges for it if you get a weekly or monthly rate. His bath houses are locked up, and if you do get a key, they are filthy. This is definitely not a child friendly campground, or even a pet friendly for that fact. I personally heard him bless out other campers and staff to the point of tears. Having just returned from Iraq, I wasn't intimidated by him, but I bet he carries a firearm concealed so be wary around this powder keg. As far as the campground is concerned, it is real nice, for a trailer park. The roads are paved, there is cable, water, sewer and electric. The sites are tiny and stacked upon one another on a hill, which is very windy. If you stake your awning down, stay out of the grass. Try not to make reservations during non business hours, because he will tell you to call back, only with more coarseness and DO NOT show up after hours, he will not let you into a site, even if you have a reservation. Do not expect to have visitors because only 1 vehicle per site is allowed. I would not even recommend this place to my worst enemy. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2009 - $38.00

I am having a hard time trying to describe this campground and the owner without using the words I would really like to use. There is absolutely nothing to do here. The owner would not allow anyone to use the shower house/restrooms. He is extremely rude. He yells and swears at his wife all the time in front of people and customers. He thinks everyone is an idiot and they do not know what they are doing. Nobody we spoke to in the campground or in town has anything good to say about him. I would not stay here again unless I had to. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2008 - $37.00

We were to stay here for 3 days, but ended up staying 2 1/2 hrs. The owner of this campground is the rudest man I have ever met. Started screaming at us because our truck tire was no more than 3 inches on his grass. I seriously thought he was going to attack me. When my husband told him to watch his language around our children, he went ballastic and told us we had a hour to leave. I have been camping for over 35 years and have never been asked to leave from anywhere. I can't believe this man is in this business. Fair warning to anyone who come here, stay off the man's grass. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2007 - $36.00

Arrived in the pouring rain and there was some puddles in the main road, but the sites were graveled and pretty level. Stayed 2 nights and had no issues, friendly staff. We camped at Lazy K Campground in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Lazy K Campground ?