Sun Valley Campground

Recent Rate: $47 8/2014

Latitude: 40.2052795368909
Longitude: -75.9887301921844

Mike in NJ

We've camped here before and have always had a good experience. The staff is very friendly and professional. Mostly seasonals, but everyone we saw waved and said hello. We will definitely be back. We camped at Sun Valley Campground in a Travel Trailer.

JStrohec

Rate reflects special Halloween weekend rates. They called us ahead of time to preregister and avoid lines at check in which was a great gesture. Entrance is gated. We stayed in 700 section. Sites are gravel, roomy and some leveling may be required. Picnic table and fire rings at each site. Bathrooms a little dated, but clean. Staff friendly,helpful and trusting. Prices for extras, e.g., firewood, visitors, etc. are reasonable, some of the best around. Safe, but liberal visitor policy unlike others in the area. If you enjoy Halloween activities, this is the better place. Great Haunted house followed by haunted hayride and trick or treating for the kids. Would recommend and will return. We camped at Sun Valley Campground in a Tent Trailer.

2retiresoon

Very nice clean park. Hills and tight roads, but no problem getting in and out with a 40' MH. Pool was large and clean, security visible, and office staff could not have been nicer. Will definitely stay here again. We camped at Sun Valley Campground in a Motorhome.

Coco908

Campground is OK, but really hilly. Lots of perms, and very friendly. Fully wooded, nice fish pond. I prefer oak creek right down the road. Just my preference! We camped at Sun Valley Campground in a Travel Trailer.

rvgirl22

I stayed here for about 4 weeks while working in the area. Park was clean, staff very nice and overall a great stay. We camped at Sun Valley Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Mike in NJ

This was our first time camping here. We had a good time. The pool was big and clean. There were many seasonals, but their sites were kept up and clean. Most of the workers were friendly. Overall, this was a positive experience. We camped at Sun Valley Campground in a Travel Trailer.

campingfor4

Nice campground. Has a small pool and small store with a variety of items. Staff was friendly. Some sites are a bit tight, but the newer section had wider sites. Has a steep hill to pull the trailer up at the entrance that is a bit intimidating and not one much fun to walk up after a trip to the store and pool. Lots of activities for kids to do. Only downfall was we went with friends and thought we were side by side but ended up across from each other on an angle due to a mix up in reservations. We camped at Sun Valley Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Retired Enforcer

A large amount of permanent sites throughout the campground. Sites are on the side of a large hill and mine was very un-even (I used all of my Lynx levelers & still was a little off level). Campers & staff seemed friendly, & overall was a nice place to camp. Steep roads throughout the park so forget bicycling! Campground is about 5 miles down a small road, down the street from Lake n Woods campground. We camped at Sun Valley Campground in a Motorhome.

Lancaster Camper

A very hilly campground with lots of permanent campers. Probably 30 sites are available on a temp basis. Called on a Thursday and got a site the next day, close to the entrance, but that wasn't a bad thing, considering the hill. This is not a campground to bike at, some of the hills rival a ski slope. The staff was friendly, the pool is big, the permanent campers were nice as well. The small pond has lots of 4" sunnies in it. They had an entertaining pig roast and a Hawaiian party on Saturday night. We'll be back. We camped at Sun Valley Campground in a Travel Trailer.

foor

Store & office at bottom of hill, walking a little tough with large gravel/rocks on the relatively narrow one-way roads. Site was large with small gravel & sloped enough that trailer tongue was almost on ground. That, in turn, made our first step at rear somewhat large. Large L-shaped pool was refreshingly cool, small fishing pond appeared over used or under stocked. Could hear Maplegrove drag strip, went there on Sunday to checkout amateur show. All weekenders are separate from the large amount of seasonal sites. We camped at Sun Valley Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Zipster

The staff is as friendly as the people in the park - HaHa ! NEVER have I ever felt so unwelcome! This campground is VERY unsafe for children. We camped at Sun Valley Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Motorhome Madness

We stayed here in July of 2004. Clean but hilly sites, so bring wood to level. Strollers
would have to be used minimally; a lot of big rocks on the gravel roads, but great exercise for the legs. Seasonals kept mostly nice and people friendly. Staff was very attentive and always available. Big clean pool with tables and umbrellas...bring your own lounger. Also, grass around pool area needs tending to. Weeds attract bees and wasps and is not exactly what you want your feet on as you lounge by their great pool. Snack shop fully stocked with different foods and great ice cream. Bathrooms and showers were quite clean. An awesome large open-air pavillion for bingo and other activities and a small snack bar inside. Great restaurant not too far was outstanding...Shady Maple Buffet. Would stay again! We camped at Sun Valley Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Motorhome Madness

The park was overall not too bad. It is built on a hillside and the roadways are rocky and
narrow. A larger rig may have dificulty in access this park. A gated entrance and a warm and friendly staff were a plus for this park. It is a very "woodsy"
park. We camped at Sun Valley Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Motorhome Madness

This is a well maintained gated campground. The only downfall is that the sites are on up a pretty good size hill. If I had known, I would have brought my jogging stroller instead of my bike with the toddler seat on it. I couldn't get up the hill very easily with both me and my little girl on the bike. The jogging stroller would have been better. The store/office was pretty far from our site. If you send your husband or wife down to the store/office, have them bring a walkie talkie...in case you forget something, a flashlight (walking paths are not well lit) and bug spray for the long walk to and from. The more seasoned campers at Sun Valley bring their golf carts with them. Brilliant idea! The pool was maintained and there were picnic tables and a few sitting areas within the pool area as well as some shaded areas. There is also a snack bar by the pool that is reasonably priced so you can have your lunch at the pool
and a game room at the office area too. There is a small fishing pond, cute for the children. There is also a nice playground area for the little ones. The equipment is newer and clean. Locally their are some great shops and eating areas. If you have not been this way before, ask at the office for directions to Shady Maples. It is only about 6 miles away and the food is abundant, incredible and inexpensive! Suggestions for campground: offer to rent some golf carts to the older patrons who can't make the hill climb We will go back again to this campground...better prepared when we do! We camped at Sun Valley Campground in a Motorhome.

Motorhome Madness

The entire campground is on the side of a hill! A paved road at the entrance is deceiving as it is the only area paved. We parked our trailer and my daughter wanted to go to the pool. Little did I realize that I should have brought a mule with me to get down the boulder-laden road to the pool. The rocks kept slipping out from underneath us making for a very difficult and dangerous adventure. Arrived at the pool with our nerves shot only to find out that they didn't have any chairs at the pool to sit in. All I could think about while my daughter was swimming was how I would ever make it back to my trailer - without the mule. We eventually did make it back and said to my wife I had no idea how we will get our 3 month old son to the pool - certainly not in his stroller since it didn't have 4-wheel drive! When I spoke to the office about our situation walking with the kids, they said that they couldn't offer a refund but to come back later and talk with the owner. When I did return in the evening, I was told that they didn't offer refunds because they could have rented out my site. They were booked solid because it was a race weekend. Apparently it didn't matter that the guy in front of me was trying to stay for an extra night but they told him they were full and come back in the morning to see about cancellations. We decided to leave the next day, without a refund, but having returned from dinner a note was on our trailer that if we left the following morning they would give us a refund. When I went to check out the following morning, they informed me that they would mail me my refund in a few weeks. I eventually did get my refund. Campground is much too difficult if you have small children to get around. Try someplace else! We camped at Sun Valley Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Sun Valley Campground?