Western Village RV Park

Recent Rate: $44 11/2016

• Recreation Room Recreation Room yes
  • Sports Field Sports Field yes

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $44.00

We had a pull thru, it was fairly level, and clean. The staff was great. The roads are wide enough, lots of trees. I'd stay again, but it's a little pricey at $44.

The pull thru's were a bit close together, but I think this was the overnight area. The rest of the park was spaced out better. We camped at Western Village RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

It's about 4 miles off 81.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $43.00

An older "Western Themed" campground. Stayed here for an overnight, so didn't use the facilities available. Only hooked up electric which worked well. Made reservation 3 hours out. Check in went fairly smooth. Staff wasn't the most friendly, nor were they rude. Park has Wi-Fi that works quite well in the evening and early morning. Access is "different". Not far from the exit on I-81, but you drive through a residential neighborhood to get to the campground. Interior road are a little tight, but I did not observe anyone having a problem navigating them. We would stay her again if it was on the way, but I wouldn't plan my trip around this park. We camped at Western Village RV Park in a Motorhome.

70-94

Pretty centrally located for Hershey Park, Gettysburg, Amish country, and Harrisburg.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $39.00

Camped in a 35 foot fifth wheel on back-in site 182. Required one board to level. Site is very close to neighbors, as are most, with narrow grass patch between sites. Site is long with room for truck. There is a large tree on both sides of entrance to site-be mindful of limbs when backing in. Some shade at drive entrance. Sewer & water are in rear of site & rather far from mid rig hook ups. Behind site is large grass field with pool, laundry & shower house close by. Lanes are well graveled & easy to travel. AT&T cell coverage is good. Over the air TV with about 10 stations. Bath house & laundry are clean. Pool was closed for season. Miniature golf, rec room with arcade games & billiard table, bounce pad, paved basket ball court, volley ball field, tether ball, playground. Fellow campers complained of Interstate noise, but it is distant. Park is pretty with lots of grass & trees. Quiet & dark at night. Staff is pleasant. Low rating due to narrow site. We camped at Western Village RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $47.00

We have stayed here many times as it is so very handy from the highway and a good distance between destinations. Park is very nice with lots of trees. The sites are a little tight but ok. Very clean and pet friendly. Nice store. Our biggest complaint is the price which is $47.00 per night in October. We paid much less at a 5 star park further south. Overall though we swallow our pride and pay the price as the park fits our needs in every other way. Nice pool too and fun activities in summer. We camped at Western Village RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $39.00

I arrived after dark and there was not a single light available to find a spot. I drove around and around for at least a half hour before I was able to identify an empty spot and get into it. It was grass, and other campers were in gravel spots, but I couldn't find one of those. If you are going here, arrive before dark! I had called ahead and no mention was made of this. The park is Western themed and very kitschy, which some folks may like. Restrooms were so-so - not filthy but you would definitely want your flip-flops on. $39 seemed quite high for the condition. I actually camped here in a van. We camped at Western Village RV Park in a Truck Camper.

Quite a bit longer than my truck camper and travel trailer (plenty of space)

Roads were easy to navigate in the daytime but not at night.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $41.00

This RV park is very easy to get to from I-81. Our GPS took us right to it. If we didn't know it was here, we'd never have dreamed there was a large beautiful RV park, in back of residential houses. We spent one night here with a 25' travel trailer. They gave us one of their pull thru sites.
. The sites are gravel, as are the access roads. The roads are very smooth. Our site wasn't very level, side to side or front to back. We were kind of handicapped with the front to back, as we wanted to leave the truck hooked up. On a level surface, with the truck hooked up, our trailer is almost perfectly level.
The campground is clean, with lots of trees, but, the trees are far enough away from the roads, and not a problem. The wifi is strong, and free, but kind of slow when there are a lot of users. The staff is friendly and helpful. There is a nice pool, Putt Putt golf, a game room, several pavilions, one of which is big enough to handle just about anything, they have pedal cars for rent. There is a nice laundry room, and the restrooms and showers are very clean, and even smell nice. They have some large rocks formations and some of them have very interesting forms.
The night we spent there, they were getting ready for a Christmas in July celebration. Made us want to stay longer. The camp store has the most delicious ice cream cones.
This is a busy place, and if you want to get a place on the weekend, I suggest you get there early. Bottom line: A great place to stay for a day or longer. We camped at Western Village RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $43.00

We stayed one night while traveling through the area. Somewhat rustic campground but an enjoyable stay away from the hustle and bustle of the area. We made reservations and were told that, if we'd be arriving after 4:00 PM, to call to give them our approximate arrival time. Apparently, the office is normally closed at that time. The office staff was very welcoming and gave us good directions to find our site. As we wanted a pull through, two sites were assigned making up a long pull through site. The restrooms were immaculate - even at three o'clock in the afternoon and 8:00 in the morning. There is plenty of room for walking if one is so inclined and there is no need to leave the campground to walk. There are several things for children to do. There is also an ice cream stand in the campground. We really enjoyed our short stay and will return when we are in the area. We camped at Western Village RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

80 and103

Near the city of Carlisle with good access to two interstate highways. There is a great restaurant just up the road from the entrance that serves just about anything you'd like. It's also near Gettysburg, Harrisburg, and other tourist attraction.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $47.00

Large, well kept resort type park. Roads and sites are well maintained gravel. Most sites are level. Convenient off of I-81. Our rate of $47 is for long pull thru, 50 amp, water and sewer. They have other options, e.g., back-in 30 amp, no sewer etc. A little pricey for an overnight but not much available in this area.

Many amenities such as pool, game room, shuffle board etc. All in tip top shape. Workers were very helpful. We will stay here again on our way through. We camped at Western Village RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $45.00

Our site was not even close to level. Tried to use our levelers but had to settle for spending the night listing to port.

WI FI was pretty good but no cable TV and only a few OTA channels were stable enough to watch.

After dinner we thought we'd like to play some mini golf. I found out that it would cost us $6. After paying $45 for an uneven campsite with no cable TV I really do think charging for mini golf is over the top. We camped at Western Village RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $39.00

This large, full service campground provides a pleasant and restful night while driving on I-81, and has possibly the most beautiful, modern RV park bathrooms I have ever seen anywhere. The office has good ice cream for sale, and those two things make me return and enjoy staying at this campground even though the price is higher than our usual overnight stopover. We camped at Western Village RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $45.00

This park is handy on the trip back up north and we've stayed here before, but at $46, it's gotten a bit pricey. That said, we did have a pull-through but my front wheels were off the ground. The streets and sites are gravel, and getting out in the morning had me driving pretty well around the whole park. Services worked and wi-fi was decent. I might have been more inclined to provide a better review if check-in had been better, but the lady who was at the desk really didn't make me feel like I was a valued customer. We camped at Western Village RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $45.00

We only stayed here for one night. The worst part of this campground is the tree. My goodness, the tree! With a 45' class A it was very difficult to navigate and, knowing that the tree is a huge issue, I'd hope the campground would provide an escort.

That said, the staff was very nice and the lots were huge. Good for a one-night stop. We camped at Western Village RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $46.00

This was just an overnight stop for us. We arrived after night fall and left at first light. The "pull through" actually consisted of 2 back to back sites. A dead tree next to the site, impeded our entry forcing us to unhook our tow. We would probably stay here again. We camped at Western Village RV Park in a Motorhome.

53 and 33

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $36.00

This was the 2nd or 3rd time we have been to this park because it's fairly close to my husband's sister's. It's been a couple of years since we have been here, and I don't remember being so disappointed in it before, but I sure was this time! I made our reservations several months ahead, knowing it was over the holiday. I had no problem getting a site, but they sure couldn't have given us a worse one! For a couple that was going to be there 8 days, vs just over the holiday weekend, you'd think they would have given us a nicer site, but no, they gave us one that had absolutely no shade at all, very un-level, and furthest out (#249) a back in, without cable, even tho it's advertised they have cable. We asked to move, but of course because of the holiday, no way. Once the holiday was over, the place was practically empty. I was not a bit happy. Will not come back here. There is another campground closer to Camphill, more expensive, but I'm guessing it's worth it now. We camped at Western Village RV Park in a Motorhome.

The US Army Heritage & Education Center, is very near by in Carlisle and quite interesting to visit.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $38.00

We were here with a rally. Very clean park, family friendly with safe playground, a jumping pillow (huge pool size) swimming pool. Restroom and showers located in one area so ask if you need near facilities. We only use 30amp but power was good. No cable that I could see but free wifi and I logged on to see the speed and seemed good. The site we were on was near pavillion 3, a nice large concrete one,our site was good for a smaller rig. Price reflects non sewer, also they keep their pull thru sites for transients since they are near the turnpike and I-81 Open year round. We camped at Western Village RV Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Western Village RV Park?