Mountain Pines RV Resort

Champion, Pennsylvania

Land Yacht Ahoy

This is a very large RV trailer park. Not really an RV Resort. Mostly long term. Lots of really nice trailers/Rv's on long term lots. Lots of Not so nice ones also. Very nice manager lady. They took us to the far side and was a dump out there. Lumpy bumpy very uneven grass site. Several trailers for sale, not kept up. The trailer next to where they put up looked like no one had been there in months. We tried to take a nice long walk and were chased by 2 dogs. Owner of dog just laughed and called their dogs back. Saw minimum of 6 dogs off leases. Will we stay here again? Nope. We camped at Mountain Pines RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Deniselg

We had called the 800# to reserve our site through Passport America. When we arrived, we had been assigned a tent site for our motor home. Friendly, helpful staff, quickly made the change to a FHU 30 amp site. No 50 amp sites in the park. Site was relatively flat, with some adjustments, and shaded. A lot of seasonal sites. Park has all the ammentities, but is older, and needs some updating. We would stay here again. We camped at Mountain Pines RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Mike Big Torch Key

Wi-Fi available for a fee. ATT cell phone and internet very weak to non-existant. Grass site, no pad. Could not find the sewer drop. Large park that is mostly seasonals. Very friendly and helpful staff. A lot of golf carts on the roads. We received a special fall rate of only $19.95. Beautiful area in the Laurel Mountains. We camped at Mountain Pines RV Resort in a Motorhome.

allornothing

We made reservations on their corporate site, being very specific about ages of family members. We received confirmation email and upon arrival at campground was told in price was wrong and we should have called campground and that we had to pay more. After showing confirmation they still would not honor, blaming corporate incompetency, I had to have them call corporate twice to get manager on phone who told them to honor price quoted. Very unprofessional local campground management. Unless you were the first person up, you had no hot showers. Outdoor pool not open or ready. Very busy campground constant traffic from cars and golf carts. They did have carnival for young children and a nice fireworks display. Overall bathrooms need work and they need to figure out how to keep hot water flowing in showers. If your looking for a quiet campground this is not it. The policy of the customer is always right, does not apply here. We camped at Mountain Pines RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Horatio54

Too many golf carts! A lot of seasonals with all the kitschy decorations you would expect. Too many young kids driving golf carts just like you would expect unsupervised teens to do. Last minute reservation for us, never again. We camped at Mountain Pines RV Resort in a Motorhome.

garysol1

Let me start by saying that we had a great Memorial Day at this park in spite of the park. I had made paid in advance reservations way back in February so that I could get the site that I wanted. I then called back a week prior to check in to confirm my spot. I was then asked what size my rig was and I told her it was 31ft. She said no problem. Well once we pull in she takes a look at our TT and says there is no way that trailer will fit in my promised spot. Instead of a nice tree lined site by the river, I end up in an open site with not a tree in sight. Well we set up and go down to the pool. Oops: the pool is being patched. Etc., etc., etc. With the above negatives the people are fantastic. Great staff and and very friendly seasonals. Speaking of seasonals, I would estimate that 75% of this park is seasonal camping. We camped at Mountain Pines RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

ShannenC

We camped here in June of 2009, and would definitely not return! Actually if my kids weren't so excited I would have packed it up. So they do have a large pool, although it is not well maintained. The bottom of the pool was filthy and there is a significant slope to get in. They also had an indoor pool which apparently was having some construction done, a complete mess and hazard for small kids, yet it was still open. The site was small and covered with flies due to the permanent site next to us, their sewage hose wasn't properly hooked up so you can imagine the odor. This place is more like a trailer park than a campground. Definitely would never return. We camped at Mountain Pines RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

DandRHensel

A great place to take the family. Lots of activities and attractions to enjoy in the area. We are from the the neighboring town and stay there when we visit family. The visitor charge is quite a nuisance for us. The phone signal is poor and sporadic at best. We camped at Mountain Pines RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

MamaShan

I love this park! It needs a little work but it is a great place to bring the whole family. The largest pool I have ever seen in a campground, and lifeguards too. Activities for everyone and very friendly campers. I would love to buy a place and stay here all Summer! We camped at Mountain Pines RV Resort in a Tent Trailer.

Motorhome Madness

We actually had a permanent site here for over four years. We got fed up with all the things that were deteriorating over the years that we sold our park model in 2002. We had made alot of friends over the years & had recently purchased a motor home & decided to go back & camp over the 4th of July weekend. Our daughter & her family had gone camping also in a pop-up. We really didn't have any problems, except our electric kept going out because of plugging in the toaster, because we had all of the amenties in our motor home, but they had to use the bath houses. Well, what a mess!! They were the filthiest of all bath houses. There was "stuff" in all the toilets in both of the bathhouses. They lost their electric the second day they were there. The park told them to try & hook up to another campsite but everybody around had no electric either. The park wasn't much help in making the situation any better. They expected people to run extention cords all the way over to the park maintenance shed. What a joke! The roads are horrible, potholes everywhere. The grass is rarely cut. The only thing that I can really say good about this campground is that the pool really didn't look all that bad. Hopefully things will get better at this campground. I just found out that it was just sold to a group out of Florida!! Hopefully they will make it a better place to camp. If so, we may consider going back & camping. We camped at Mountain Pines RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Motorhome Madness

The roads in this park are very narrow. There are trees or large rocks at every turn making it very hard to navigate the campground. I was told that the park could accommodate a 40 foot motor home. This is not true, at best it can handle 33 footers. Trees were not trimmed. A fifth wheel was stuck under one branch and they had climb on top of the roof with a saw to cut the branch off. The lots are all grass, no gravel or paving to park on. The grass was so soft that I had to change lots twice to prevent from sinking into the ground. Even small travel trailers were having the same problem. The electrical system is very old (fuses, 30 amp service) with loose wires and the interior of the boxes exposed to the environment. I was afraid that I could experience an electric short, especially if it ran. The bathrooms were just plain dirty. The pool looked like it had no maintenance for about 10 years. The indoor complex must have been a real nice building about 20 years, but like the outdoor pool, it had be neglected since. The photos on their web site must have been scanned in from pictures 10 or so years ago. For a park this large, there is no camp store. As far as the 24 hour security, I could not find it when I needed it. Three camp sites down was a travel trailer. They must have invited several groups of friends who erected 3 tents around the site. Every night they would come back to park at 2 or 3 AM, as drunk as could be and then would stay outside for 2 hours, drinking and shouting. The second night we were there, there was fight between one of the guys and his girl friend which resulted in the guy punching out the girl, the girl kicking out the front window of his truck. When this girl tried to get into her car an leave, the guys in party popped open the hood to her car and disabled the engine. All of this at 3 AM. When I went to find to 24 hour security that they have posted on their web site, none could be found. Needless to say, I cut my stay short and left later that morning. I not sure if this was an isolated occurrence or the rule to thumb. Unfortunately this was Memorial Day Weekend, and all the other camp grounds in the area were filled. I should have suspected something was wrong when I made my initial reservation in early March. The surrounding campgrounds were filled. The lady who made my reservation at this campground told me that they are a very large park and always have openings. After my experience, they will continue to have opening because I will not be back. On a positive note, during the day when the staff was around, they were friendly. We camped at Mountain Pines RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Mountain Pines RV Resort?