Pine Cove Beach Resort

1495 Route 481
Charleroi, Pennsylvania 15022

• Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Pine Cove Beach Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $60.00

Had I known about the steep (say, 25 degree slope) entering the facility, then approx 80' landing to register, then another steep hill up to the gated entry, I would have not risked our 40' MH. We made it, but it scarred the bujeebers out of me. Sites were wide to back into but I would hate to think what would happen if you accidentally backed too far - 20' drop off slightly beyond rear of your campsite if you are on the right side. When you enter the facility via the steep slope driveway, there is mucho traffic (car and foot) because the huge pool is adjacent and a zoo during the summer months, especially on weekends. The owners are very nice and will help you if you have issues. They sent someone to spot me as I backed into the site. We were there only one night. The facility was clean. No longer will I trust a Good Sam rating. We camped at Pine Cove Beach Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $45.00

One way in and out of the RV section, but little traffic. Utilities worked well, including WIFI with our signal amplifier. Hookup post should have been about 6' further toward the center of the site, but it was adequate. Site was level and park quiet. 35+ miles to Pittsburgh, but there is no good park closer. The entrance/exit is on a curve on a narrow two lane highway, so getting in and out of the park requires nice people in the vehicles on the road you will take up the entire road making the turn. We camped at Pine Cove Beach Resort in a Motorhome.

Clear out the balance on your credit card and dine at Altius in Pittsburgh. The food, service, and view are fabulous and worth the high price.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $55.00

We stayed here for one night on our way home after a two-week journey into Ohio. I knew going in that the campground is part of a swimming club, but when we turned off of the highway and saw virtually hundreds of people in the pool, I thought we made a mistake. All I could imagine were swimmers carousing through the campground all night keeping everyone up. But when we registered and were given the code of the security gate, I was relieved. Actually, the CG was far enough away from the pool that we didn't even know it was there. The CG was quiet and very clean. The sites were level, and large enough for the MH and toad. I didn't use the bath house so I can't comment on the condition, but it looked newer from the outside. All-in-all, this was a fine choice for a one-night stopover after driving the Interstates all day. We camped at Pine Cove Beach Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $23.00

Park was very well kept, stayed in upper part of campground with other longer term guests which were mostly gas/oilfield workers. Very quiet, no rowdy people allowed ! Not really vacationers/campers which we also weren't. Main point is maintained! We camped at Pine Cove Beach Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Did not partake in community-based pool and associated activities. Which are included with camping fee. Owners are super helpful, above and beyond!

Featured Campgrounds Near Pine Cove Beach Resort

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $45.00

This campground is conveniently located off Rt 70 in western PA. The sites are spacious and well maintained with nice gravel pads, large grassy areas on the sides and back, some adjacent to a pond. The main attraction here is the pool club, which was closed when we were there. As a result the campground was quiet with mostly seasonal or long-term campers. We reserved the site by leaving a message the day before and never met anyone at registration. Restrooms are clean. There is only one working washing machine and no change machine to use it. Overall it's convenient to use, if passing through.

Parking of large rigs for registration is not convenient. We were not given a site map and no one was present at registration, so we chose to disconnect to get into the campground because the entrance is not clearly marked. The keypad to open the campground gate is too low to be used from the driver window of a Class A - we had to have 1 person do it from the ground. We camped at Pine Cove Beach Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $55.00

This is a resort if you want to share a water park with several hundred people. We were staying in place for the Labor Day weekend and since it rained two out of three days it was very quiet there. All the sites are back in but very well spaced and well maintained. The park is very close to the Pennsylvania Turnpike and therefore handy to get around. Wi-if was excellent. We camped at Pine Cove Beach Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $57.00

The entrance is steep down and then up. Looking at the road surface I would say a few rigs have bottomed out. I had no problem. The park is tidy with back in sites. You park next to your rig or in front depending on how far back you can get. Could be roomier. If a car is in the road you may find it hard getting in and out if you have a big rig. I would stay again. The pool looks like fun for children. We camped at Pine Cove Beach Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $65.00

As a retired veteran I was horrified at the prejudice shown by the owner. He was nice until he physically saw myself and my family. If you are not elderly or your typical white family I would skip this park. We stayed 3 days and during that time it was hit or miss whether the pool and "resort" services were open for use, instead we got a large dose of prejudice, and disrespectful stares and behavior. They definitely charge resort prices and offer a lack of resort services. At least I know I served my country so the owner can practice his prejudice openly.... You're welcome sir! We camped at Pine Cove Beach Resort in a Motorhome.

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $39.00

I stayed for a week in the off season, so the nightly rate I paid reflects that. I didn't use the pool so can't comment on that. Overall, I had a great stay at this park.

My ideal park would have more shade, be more natural, and have more privacy. But even so, this place had just about everything I could need. I enjoyed the excellent wifi, the level gravel sites, with grassy areas around the picnic table, the peacefulness, the cleanliness, and the wonderful service by the owners. I also liked the security, with codes needed to access the RV area and the bath house.

The deep dip in the driveway mentioned by other reviewers seems to have been corrected - there is clearly new asphault, making the area more level. The park was easy to find, with very visible signage, in a great location just off I-70. We camped at Pine Cove Beach Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $45.00

This is an unusual place: a large water park in conjunction with an RV park. I used the RV park just for an overnight in the course of a long road trip. I did not use the water park so cannot comment on it (though it looked inviting!).

The RV area is a large, flat terrace above the water park with a pretty river flowing below. While in a beautiful setting, the campground area is virtually treeless and nondescript. It is a good place for an overnight only, or to camp while enjoying the water park, but I don't see it as much more than that ... and $45 is a little steep for an overnight. (The price including the water park is higher.) We camped at Pine Cove Beach Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $47.00

The GPS will have you tuning before the RV park so beware. The park has a sign where the GPS is telling you to turn which tells you to go up the road another 400 feet which is helpful. RV park is tied to a small water park. RV park is vey small, maybe 30 sites, all back ins and a little tight navigating. Roads are paved and sites are level, narrow and gravel. Sites have grass and picnic tables. We got some rain one night and the left rear stabilizer jack sunk five inches into the ground. Restrooms are convenient and clean. Dumpster is way down the hill. Small uninviting pond. Quiet yet convenient to highways. Good satellite reception. We camped at Pine Cove Beach Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $65.00

Small and somewhat expensive, this solid campground about 45 minutes from Pittsburgh features nice, back-in sites large enough for big rigs, a massive pool and very friendly, accommodating owners. A Good Sam discount helps. A fair amount of RVs there are home to fracking workers in the area, but their sites are well maintained overall. Water pressure is solid and the sites are wide enough that you don't quite feel like you're right on top of one another. Young trees on site do not yet provide adequate shade. Campground staff allowed us to stay two hours after check-out on Labor Day. We camped at Pine Cove Beach Resort in a Motorhome.

For $10, they'll conveniently drop off a load of wood at your site by dinnertime. You'll have enough to make a good-sized fire that will last throughout the night.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $50.00

This is our favorite place to camp. Two fishing lakes with HUGH catfish. Beautiful pool with lots of fun for the family and kids. Great concession stand, no need to grill, just walk to the pool and have hamburgers,french fries,ice cream etc. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Owners take personal interest in every guest and often visit and spend time after dinner with guests. Loads of activities and extremely clean facilities. Highly recommend Pine Cove Beach Club. We camped at Pine Cove Beach Resort in a Motorhome.

Lakeside

Be sure to spend some time with the owners.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $59.00

We stayed one night while helping our son move into his college apartment. The owners met us at the gate for check-in and were very efficient and friendly. They also operate a public swimming pool/water park. They seem to take pride in their business and are very hands-on. The sites are not overly scenic but are arranged neatly and are reasonably level. The utilities worked well; we did not try the cable. They look to have heated water lines for extended season use. The campground was full but very quiet on the Saturday night that we were there. We will probably return as it is conveniently located for our needs. It is also easy to access for travelers passing through on I-70. We camped at Pine Cove Beach Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $40.00

We stayed one night en route home from a lengthy trip. The RV section is small, but the sites are more than adequate and have full services. The small lake is very picturesque. Unfortunately, cable was out, but we were able to pick-up a number of over-the-air stations. We camped at Pine Cove Beach Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Pine Cove Beach Resort

Are you affiliated with Pine Cove Beach Resort ?