Cedar Lake Campground

Dover, Pennsylvania

• yes-lake Waterfront

Clem94

All opinions are based on perspective. My perspective was from that of a tent camper. Bath house was a long walk from tent sites, dimly lit and very rustic. Pool bathrooms were disgusting. Friday/Saturday night activities were loud and ran late so don't expect quiet camping. Don't plan on eating meals at the snack shop. The little bit that we did order was not high quality. Tent sites very large and spaced out nicely. Camp grounds (not the bathrooms) are kept very orderly and clean. Fishing lake is nice. Camp staff is friendly (if you don't include the 2 adults that were arguing in the main office when my 10 yr old son walked in. Saying F---- wasn't needed. Pet friendly. Bottom Line: Not worth the $40 / night (plus $7/ day extra since I have a family of 5). That is $7 a day so for my three night stay it was an extra $28. We camped at Cedar Lake Campground in a Tent.

EmptyNester

Nice park. Gentleman guided me in and directed me as I backed in. Safe area, very pretty, friendly staff. Arrived at 2:00 PM to set up returning that night to camp. Office would not budge on the $10 early setup fee, even though we wouldn't be using facilities. Wi-Fi was pay service. Nice park but they want every nickel and dime possible from you. For $50 per night Wi-Fi should be complimentary. I Loved the full hookup site. Overall very nice experience. Some of the permanent campers were in well used units; we were parked next to one. I suppose this is the case anytime you have permanent tenants. Would definitely return. We camped at Cedar Lake Campground in a Travel Trailer.

mahill526

This campground is mostly seasonal sites with a few transient spaces, maybe 10 total. Staff was very nice, the seasonal campers were standoffish. Quiet Hours were enforced. The site was wide and level and backed to a nice wooded area. There was a pool, which we didn't use, but we did see a lifeguard. The playground was in nice shape, and the lake was also very nice. The campground is well maintained. The shower room & laundry room were old but clean. They do offer WiFi but we did not use it, as they charged a fee. There is no cable. This campground is close to the Heritage Rail Trail for bike riding. We would stay again if in the area. We camped at Cedar Lake Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Creative Camper

This was our first stay at this campground. I have to say, the staff and owners were just wonderful, so pleasant. It was Halloween weekend; there was so much to do. Lots of activities and amenities. Everyone made us feel like family, both the staff and the other campers. We can't wait to return to this campground. We camped at Cedar Lake Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Randy & Terry

The rate reflects the daily rate based on the monthly rate of $520 that we paid. The only reason I gave this a 9 instead of a 10 is the tightness of backing into the sites. This is a busy park - they have something going on every weekend. Families can be assured of having fun. The environment is lovely, very well maintained. The owners are visible and very friendly. This was our sixth summer staying here. We camped at Cedar Lake Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Camper_Girl

This was our first trip to this campground, and it was very nice and clean. The staff were very friendly. They escorted you to your site. Sites were nice size, gravel pads, grass areas for tables, etc. We camped with a big group, and we were able to have our group fire in a common area. They have Wi-Fi, but you have to pay a fee: not sure how much, we didn't use it. Pool looked very nice, didn't use that either, it was closed on Sunday. I expect someone had an 'accident' earlier that day, because it was a very hot weekend and it was being used prior to that. Pool was reopened the next day. They have lots of activities to keep you entertained if you want to do them. We visited a few wineries nearby on one day, and road bikes on the Heritage Rail trail one day (a 30 minute drive maybe). I would come again. We camped at Cedar Lake Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Star Boy

As stated by another poster, this campground has only maybe 6 or 7 sites open for temporary stays. Everything else appears to be year round. The other thing to keep in mind is that deposits are not refundable for any reason. The only reason I'm giving them a 7 rating is partly my fault. This was our first outing and we got put in a spot that required the front of the camper to be 40" high to get it level. Now that I've been around the mill a couple of times I would have rejected the site I was given. Without that problem I would rate them a 9. Yes, I did reserve a spot for next year, but NOT the same one I had. Took one close to the showers/laundry house! We camped at Cedar Lake Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Randy & Terry

This is a very family-friendly park. The only drawback is that most of the RV sites are taken by seasonal users. There are few "transient" sites. Be sure to call ahead if you want to stay here. This is our second summer here and we consider it our summer "home." The owners are very personable and hands-on. It is a second generation, family-owned campground, with the third generation learning the ropes. There are activities every weekend. We camped at Cedar Lake Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Cedar Lake Campground?