Mountain Vista Campground

East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania

415 Taylor Dr
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania 18301

Ask fellow campers about "Mountain Vista Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $55.00

We camped on Father's Day weekend. The campground was in a hilly setting, keep in mind it's called Mountain Vista. Staff was very friendly. Store was well stocked. Plenty of activities for kids. Pool was nice but on the small side. Our campsite was very wooded, set into the side of a hill but is was pretty level. The roads in the campground were pretty easy to navigate but they were steep in spots. We were escorted to our site by a staff member. One negative was the entrance to the campground, the parking area outside of the office was narrow and on a steep hill. Our site had full hookups, the water pressure though was a bit low. Our site was a bit narrow but my wife and I liked it quite a bit. I fished in the pond that's across the street from campground. The fishing was a little slow but there are some big bass in there. All in all a really good trip. We will definitely be going back. We camped at Mountain Vista Campground in a Travel Trailer.

B37

Many attractions in the area, Delaware water gap is a quaint and charming town. Many canoe and kayak rentals in the area.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $60.00

Mountain setting is nice but it can make parking and leveling your RV a challenge. Staff friendly, helpful and handled the holiday weekend well. Park is well maintained and clean. We camped at Mountain Vista Campground in a Travel Trailer.

E

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $53.00

We stayed here in August for a long weekend. Staff was awesome due to my hubs being in an accident. They were very accommodating in helping me find my way around to purchase supplies. Sites are large and it is very quiet at night. We camped at Mountain Vista Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $63.00

Was a nice weekend. We've stayed here many times. The campground is always clean and the staff is friendly. We camped at Mountain Vista Campground in a Travel Trailer.

PT9

Featured Campgrounds Near Mountain Vista Campground

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $50.00

This was our second visit to the campground. The staff continues to be extremely friendly and helpful. The activities, though geared for mostly children under 10, were organized. We were there for Christmas in July. I signed up my son with autism (although he is older than specified age. All children were given an age appropriate gift and called by name to see Santa. This was no additional cost! Church services were available on Sunday morning for those interested. This is a very hilly campground, but the sites are mostly level. The sites are mostly shaded. Out site, again, was on the small side, but we made do. There are larger sites available, we just didn't get one. That was a little disappointing. It is difficult to request a specific site, but something in the A, B or C area is better or you will be way up on top of the hill and there are no golf carts. The pool was beautiful, nice and clean but no shade. That's expected at a pool. Many decks to sit and enjoy the view, if it wasn't so hot. There is an outdoor fitness center for the older kids and a tennis court as well as two playgrounds, one in the shade. There is a lot to do in the area as well. We camped at Mountain Vista Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $56.00

Camped here over the 4th of July weekend. Picked this place based on the reviews on this site; the prior reviews seem accurate. Hilly campground, but generally level sites. Staff was consistently very courteous, which is a testament considering it was no doubt one of their biggest weekends. Bathhouse was clean enough, plenty of hot water the time I used the showers. Drawbacks for me was sites were packed close together, Wi-Fi was weak, and pool area has no shade available. Still, would definitely recommend, and stay here again. We camped at Mountain Vista Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $44.00

We camped here for a week of Pocono fun. It happened to be 90+ degrees every day but certainly not their fault. Very hilly as others have stated but sites relatively level. Hook ups functional. Pool area tight and no shade but the kids didn't mind. Overall the kids loved everything: the activities, pool, playground (our site backed up to the playground). I probably would come back but I generally like to try different places and the Poconos is FULL of campgrounds. Just FYI, they don't take credit cards but there is an ATM on site. We camped at Mountain Vista Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2012 - $50.00

This was our first visit to the campground for Halloween weekend. The place is well kept and clean. The owners and seasonals are very friendly. We did not use the playground or the showers because it was very cold. The sites are separated but on the smaller size. I would try to request a specific site next time. The owners seem to put everyone next to each other rather than spread out. The owners also seem to be extremely understanding and welcoming to children and adults with special needs. Immediately upon walking in the store with my son with autism, one of the owners spoke directly to him and cleared a spot on the counter so he could place his toy there and play. This made my day, actually. There is a fishing pond across the street and a short walk down the road that is well stocked. Activities offered were organized, well attended and fun. We plan on returning next year. We camped at Mountain Vista Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2011 - $42.00

Mountain Vista Campground is just as charming in person as on their website! The employees are very nice, personable, and really make sure your stay is pleasant. We stayed at B12, which was a corner pull through lot. The area was clean when we arrived, had plenty of room to sit outside, have a fire without feeling restricted. During our stay we walked the entire campground and found it to be very clean and family friendly. Everyone, including the seasonals said hello and made you feel welcomed. There are two small parks for children to play at, an outdoor game room, tennis and basketball courts, and a little all in one fitness machine. The pond is across the street, but relatively clean looking. We did not get the chance to fish this trip but maybe next time. I highly recommend this campground and know we will be going back in the fall. We camped at Mountain Vista Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $48.00

Very clean park. Site was almost level. Utilities weren't marked real well but worked ok. Cable TV and WiFi good. Only real complaint is the glaring street lamps at night, kind of ruins the outdoor experience. We were here during the week so it was pretty quiet, don't know about weekends. Lots of seasonal campers. My navigation system (Ford F-150) took me through the middle of East Stroudsburg on RT 209 Business, so if you have a big rig you may want to check your route. We camped at Mountain Vista Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $48.00

Wow: what a family vacation nightmare. First, don't follow the GPS because it's wrong. Don't call the park office for driving instructions because they will be very rude. They only take cash or check. We were quoted a price of $319.00 for 5 days and at check in it was changed to $366.00. When we questioned it, the guy said let me break it down for you, like we were stupid. The camp roads were all gravel, some of the roads were steep. Some of the camp sites were the size of a shoe box. The bathrooms were very nasty and had standing water through out. The pool was a great place to go till 2 workers came in and started scrubbing the side of the pool with Chlorox. Like you want the kids injesting that. Also don't go in and forget to register your car, cause they will hunt you down to pay the additional $5.00. The only positive thing I have to say about Mountain Vista, is that the TV and WiFi were good and the other campers were great. We camped at Mountain Vista Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2010 - $55.00

Just got back from this campground today. Our site (C12) was a back in gravel site that was not level front to back or side to side. Took quite a bit of leveling to get it right. There were weeds growing up through the gravel all over our site. The back of our site looked out over a steep hill and down onto the road. There were alot of loose rocks and even cinderblock shoring up the back of the site: really not too safe. The roads in the campground are also gravel, but really in need of maintenance: spots where the gravel had worn away and many ruts. Used the bathroom behind the office: had no liquid soap, just a bar sitting in a pool of water on the sink, no towels to dry hands and litter and water all over the floor. Playground was outdated. The store was bare bones. The pool was ok, but small and not much area around the pool to sit. One more thing: the wood we purchased at the campground wasn't too good. It took a long time to get started and was hard to keep the fire going. I know this must sound nit-picky, so I'll add that the office staff were really nice, friendly and helpful with directions getting here and home. But we won't be staying here again. We camped at Mountain Vista Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2009 - $44.00

This was our first stay at this campground. From the beginning, the owners were extremely friendly and the store was not overpriced like many other places we stayed. Our site was large enough for our 31' trailer with 2 slides. There was plenty to do from bingo to movie night for the kids. The quiet hours are strictly enforced. The biggest problem we faced at the campground was that my six year old was not able to ride his bike because of the hills and the gravel roads. I did not have any problems getting directions from Google Maps. There is plenty to do in that area from local flea markets to state parks to outlet shopping. Since it was Labor Day weekend, the traffic was a nightmare. After speaking to many seasonals, who were always nice and made you feel welcome, they offered advice as to where to go and what to avoid during holiday weekends. We would definitely go back to this campground. We camped at Mountain Vista Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2008 - $50.00

I booked this campground based on many reviews and was a little disappointed. Our back in site was large and shaded but many of the pull-through sites seemed quite small. There are a lot of seasonal sites that were a complete eyesore and looked abandoned. My husband is a tall guy that used our shower for the first time in 3 years because one use of their pull-chain showers was enough for him. He said the bathroom floors were constantly covered in water and the men's room by the store and pool did not even have a sink. This is the first place I have ever been to that did not have laundry facilities. Small but clean pool. Great fishing at the lake. Owners seemed very nice and dedicated but unfortunately I think we will try somewhere else next time. We camped at Mountain Vista Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2007 - $50.00

We stayed here for 2 days. First Warning - Do not try to put the address in a GPS system, I put the address in my Garmin C340 and it routed me 45 minutes away. When I called for the specific directions, the front desk warned me not to put in the GPS but it was too late. The directions they have me over the phone were perfect and we arrived an hour later. The park is close to a lot of things, from rafting, to shopping and paintball. Upon entering the park, check in was quick. Keep in mind they do not take credit/debit cards, cash only. They had someone escort us to our site which was nice. There is no way we would have found the site either. The roads leading to the site are all gravel and this park is very hilly. This park makes you feel you are in a small forest, there are trees everywhere and the sites are pretty spacious and private. We had a back in site and it had a lot of room. The Wifi was intermittent inside the camper but outside was perfect. The campground seems a bit older and needs updating but fine for just the casual camper. I'll explain updating. The bathrooms are clean and work but to take a shower, you have to pull down on a chain to get water. I did not like that. The bathrooms were clean. The pool was small and located just on the front entrance, not too private. We played a few games of pool for $1.00 per game and there were a bunch more solids than stripes and also had extra balls, not too much of a big deal but something they can spend $20 and fix especially charging $1.00 a game. There are no on site garbage cans, I did not find any near us either. We had to take the garbage out to the dumpster each day. Front desk attendants were nice. Thanks to the camper that helped us with our awning! Overall we liked the privacy of the park and they way it felt like you were in a little forest with all the beautiful trees. Would definitely stay here again. We camped at Mountain Vista Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Mountain Vista Campground

Are you affiliated with Mountain Vista Campground ?