Gaslight Campground

• Billiards Billiards yes
  • Pond Pond yes

HappyCamperPA

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $40.00

The campground is run down. The sites are not really easy to see because the gravel has all washed away. They are on the side of a hill which makes leveling a little tricky but it is manageable. The bathhouse is clean and in great shape. Playground is small. Pool is nice. Staff is friendly. I think it is too expensive for what you get. We will look to find another campground in the area the next time through. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Motorhome.

Arizona Traveler

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $36.00

This is primitive camping with a pricey rate. Evidently, the park had done some recent construction as the ground was rough, bumpy, and soft where we were parked. The office was unkempt and messy. First impression was not favorable. We were traveling East and just needed a one night stay. Probably won't stay here again. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

mkekflyers

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $40.00

Large park, newly added sites are nice sized. First impressions are always lasting; upon arrival the entrance displays the overall health of the park--unkempt. This park was described to me at another campground, by a local camper, as having been a great place 20 years ago, but it currently is in need of much work. Simply cutting the grass, trimming, weeding and cleaning up the flower beds, a coat of paint on all buildings would be a start. The general condition is simply run down. Camp store is virtually non-existent. It is a great location, easily accessible, right off of I-80, fuel at a large station big enough for large RVs. Park has huge potential but not in its current state. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Motorhome.

Dieselpower

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $36.00

Not much to choose from in the western part of PA along I-80. This place suffices for services needed for an overnight. We noticed that there many locals in the area and it was crowded over the holiday week. They have a nice pool and seemingly lots for kids and teens to do. They had a rec hall where music was playing and people were enjoying. An stream to fish in or wallow in depending on your interest was a point of interest for many. The services were good and the owners were pleasant, leading you to your site. I will say that the grounds were a little soggy from recent rain and there were some ruts from big rigs pulling out of their sites as they needed to take a wide swing beyond the gravel road in the grassy area to navigate by other RVs in adjacent sites. We used some blocking to avoid the jacks sinking in the ground. We were there just overnight and found it to be conveniently located off of the Interstate, although there is heavy construction at the exit that will probably last throughout the summer. We would stay again because of the convenience. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Motorhome.

rickimcm

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $35.00

A well kept older park. However, the reason for our not being willing to revisit is low voltage. The weather was warm, the park was quite busy and our gauge warned us of low voltage. This can be pretty scary and a threat to your system. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Motorhome.

Chasboy

Date of Stay: June, 2012 - $33.00

Low key, very neat, well kept campground with involved, helpful owners. Very accessible. We would stay here again. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Motorhome.

rvwomanfromPA

Date of Stay: October, 2011 - $30.00

Visited a 2nd time. Price had gone up, even with Good Sam discount. Owners say there is internet, but neglects to tell you there is a password until you ask for it. Also they do not control it and you have to pay! Sites are grassy and not level. Quiet. I would not go back a 3rd time. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Motorhome.

Jackhal

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $36.00

Very nice campground, nice and quiet, and a very friendly staff. We had a pull-through site with full-hookup and all worked very well. The grounds are extremely kept nice and clean. We would definitely camp here again. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Motorhome.

tsetsaf

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $28.00

Easy on and off overnight park while traveling the interstate across PA. Park closes for the season as of November 1. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

susie-q

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $28.00

Price reflects a Good Sam discount. We were a bit concerned about this campground before seeing it because Woodalls gave the facilities just two stars. But we threw caution to the wind based on the reviews on this site. This is a lovely campground. The woman checking us in was very friendly; she escorted us to our site. Many seasonals were in one area and all were well kept. The few people who were here mid-week were also very friendly. There was Wi-Fi available at out site (105). AT&T cell phone service also available. Bathrooms older but freshly painted and very clean with dispenser soap and paper towels. We will definitely return for overnights on our travels to other destinations. And in the future we will give more weight to RV Reviews than Woodalls. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Motorhome.

dl51

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $38.00

Big rig friendly and site plenty wide for slides on both sides to be open. Owner friendly. Kid friendly with playground and sandbox and pool. Easy on and off from I-80. Plenty of sites in open area and shaded sites also available. Pull throughs and back-in sites. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

lgram902

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $36.00

I will never recommend or go back to this campground. We made reservations for the 4th not being able to find any other places in the area. Now we know why there were sites available. Most of the campers were permanent sites. We made two reservations with my sister and family beside us. We were there five minutes and were already told about a picnic table we were moving wasn’t ours (which we knew, we were putting two together). I took my grandson over to the sandbox to play while my husband finished setting up. I had our dog, so I was at the edge of the play area. My sister pulled in and came over to me with her dog. She was not aware of the play area. I started getting up and the owner used a MEGA HORN to announce that we were not to have dogs in the play area. Before we could get the whole way off, she announced it again using the horn. The whole campground could hear. We were so embarrassed. There were no other children around, only my grandson. The next day it was over 90 degrees. We went to the pool. I brought three waters and two pops. We had them in a cooler. We decided we would bring the cooler and if it was not allowed, we would leave it outside. We got to the pool and the rule said “no alcohol, no glass” so we brought the cooler in. There was approximately 10 people in the pool area. Within one minute the owner was in the pool area stating we cannot have the cooler. I was very upset, because I thought we were not breaking any rules. That night a good friend and his wife stopped by at 8 pm. They wanted to check out the campground and see us. They were told it was $4 per person to stay. My friend asked how long and they said until 10 pm. He had asked if there was a discount or prorated amount since it would only be 2 hours. He was told no and decided it was not worth it. The owners wife told her husband he was rude and the husband kicked him out. This friend would never be rude to anyone! After that the owner kept driving around our campsite. We are not bad campers. I have camped since I was a child. We are very family oriented and are usually in bed by 10 or 11 pm. This campground is the worst one I have ever been to. We have camped a lot and have a fifth wheel. My sister also has a fifth wheel. We could not get any reception and were in the full sun. The sites are also very small and uneven. The road was gravel. I feel they only cater to the permanent sites. We were not the only ones having problems. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Carryin' the mail

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $36.00

We stayed here over July 4th weekend. That will be the last time! I will not camp there again, nor would I ever recommend it. To start, we got "yelled" at (literally) for having our dog on the playground. I didn't see the "no dog" sign 50ft up the road from the playground entrance. Our sites were very unlevel, and there were bees in the electric box that we had to spray ourselves. We were not allowed to face our trailers toward each other. There is no electric water heaters allowed. Water is horrible. It smells bad and is discolored. My dogs wouldn't drink it; we had to give them bottled water all weekend. I flushed my lines, and replaced the water filter in the trailer when we got home. While we were there, four or five other units all traveling together pulled in at the same time. They were planning on staying over a week. Another elderly couple who was also with them were not staying at the campground. This gentleman asked the lady at the office if there was a pass or something he could get to come and meet them each morning for breakfast, and then the whole group would leave for the day to go sightseeing. She informed him that he had to pay 8 dollars a day (visitor rate) for him and his wife to do this. She told him that he should have rented one of their cabins for the week. He then informed her that he had called for one, but they were all rented. The lady in the office said she had just rented one because there was a no-show the previous night. The older gentleman threw his hands up in the air and walked out of the office. I don't blame him! The owners really need to work on their "people skills." We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

R1Kirby

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $37.00

Our stay was a stop over for two nights while traveling on I-80. We found the owners to be very friendly and made us feel comfortable. We were escorted to our site. The park was very clean and we had no problem with any of the hook ups. We would definitely stay again and would recommend Gaslight Campground to anyone traveling through the area. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Motorhome.

HP_Happy_Campers

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $37.00

Overall this was a very nice and quiet campground. There is some interstate noise that can be heard at night. The heated pool was great and it looked as if it had recently been redone for this year. The camp store is small with just some basics, but a travel plaza is nearby. Additional leveling blocks are necessary for some of the sites. The owners were very friendly, and seasonals seem to well kept. The bathrooms were very clean. Not a lot of kid friendly activities, though. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Gaslight Campground?