Gaslight Campground

Emlenton, Pennsylvania

Recent Rate: $36 9/2014

Arizona Traveler

This is primitive camping with a pricey rate. Evidently, the park had done some recent construction as the ground was rough, bumpy, and soft where we were parked. The office was unkempt and messy. First impression was not favorable. We were traveling East and just needed a one night stay. Probably won't stay here again. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

mkekflyers

Large park, newly added sites are nice sized. First impressions are always lasting; upon arrival the entrance displays the overall health of the park--unkempt. This park was described to me at another campground, by a local camper, as having been a great place 20 years ago, but it currently is in need of much work. Simply cutting the grass, trimming, weeding and cleaning up the flower beds, a coat of paint on all buildings would be a start. The general condition is simply run down. Camp store is virtually non-existent. It is a great location, easily accessible, right off of I-80, fuel at a large station big enough for large RVs. Park has huge potential but not in its current state. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Motorhome.

rickimcm

A well kept older park. However, the reason for our not being willing to revisit is low voltage. The weather was warm, the park was quite busy and our gauge warned us of low voltage. This can be pretty scary and a threat to your system. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Motorhome.

Dieselpower

Not much to choose from in the western part of PA along I-80. This place suffices for services needed for an overnight. We noticed that there many locals in the area and it was crowded over the holiday week. They have a nice pool and seemingly lots for kids and teens to do. They had a rec hall where music was playing and people were enjoying. An stream to fish in or wallow in depending on your interest was a point of interest for many. The services were good and the owners were pleasant, leading you to your site. I will say that the grounds were a little soggy from recent rain and there were some ruts from big rigs pulling out of their sites as they needed to take a wide swing beyond the gravel road in the grassy area to navigate by other RVs in adjacent sites. We used some blocking to avoid the jacks sinking in the ground. We were there just overnight and found it to be conveniently located off of the Interstate, although there is heavy construction at the exit that will probably last throughout the summer. We would stay again because of the convenience. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Motorhome.

Chasboy

Low key, very neat, well kept campground with involved, helpful owners. Very accessible. We would stay here again. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Motorhome.

rvwomanfromPA

Visited a 2nd time. Price had gone up, even with Good Sam discount. Owners say there is internet, but neglects to tell you there is a password until you ask for it. Also they do not control it and you have to pay! Sites are grassy and not level. Quiet. I would not go back a 3rd time. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Motorhome.

Jackhal

Very nice campground, nice and quiet, and a very friendly staff. We had a pull-through site with full-hookup and all worked very well. The grounds are extremely kept nice and clean. We would definitely camp here again. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Motorhome.

tsetsaf

Easy on and off overnight park while traveling the interstate across PA. Park closes for the season as of November 1. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

susie-q

Price reflects a Good Sam discount. We were a bit concerned about this campground before seeing it because Woodalls gave the facilities just two stars. But we threw caution to the wind based on the reviews on this site. This is a lovely campground. The woman checking us in was very friendly; she escorted us to our site. Many seasonals were in one area and all were well kept. The few people who were here mid-week were also very friendly. There was Wi-Fi available at out site (105). AT&T cell phone service also available. Bathrooms older but freshly painted and very clean with dispenser soap and paper towels. We will definitely return for overnights on our travels to other destinations. And in the future we will give more weight to RV Reviews than Woodalls. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Motorhome.

dl51

Big rig friendly and site plenty wide for slides on both sides to be open. Owner friendly. Kid friendly with playground and sandbox and pool. Easy on and off from I-80. Plenty of sites in open area and shaded sites also available. Pull throughs and back-in sites. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

HP_Happy_Campers

Overall this was a very nice and quiet campground. There is some interstate noise that can be heard at night. The heated pool was great and it looked as if it had recently been redone for this year. The camp store is small with just some basics, but a travel plaza is nearby. Additional leveling blocks are necessary for some of the sites. The owners were very friendly, and seasonals seem to well kept. The bathrooms were very clean. Not a lot of kid friendly activities, though. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Travel Trailer.

R1Kirby

Our stay was a stop over for two nights while traveling on I-80. We found the owners to be very friendly and made us feel comfortable. We were escorted to our site. The park was very clean and we had no problem with any of the hook ups. We would definitely stay again and would recommend Gaslight Campground to anyone traveling through the area. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Motorhome.

Carryin' the mail

We stayed here over July 4th weekend. That will be the last time! I will not camp there again, nor would I ever recommend it. To start, we got "yelled" at (literally) for having our dog on the playground. I didn't see the "no dog" sign 50ft up the road from the playground entrance. Our sites were very unlevel, and there were bees in the electric box that we had to spray ourselves. We were not allowed to face our trailers toward each other. There is no electric water heaters allowed. Water is horrible. It smells bad and is discolored. My dogs wouldn't drink it; we had to give them bottled water all weekend. I flushed my lines, and replaced the water filter in the trailer when we got home. While we were there, four or five other units all traveling together pulled in at the same time. They were planning on staying over a week. Another elderly couple who was also with them were not staying at the campground. This gentleman asked the lady at the office if there was a pass or something he could get to come and meet them each morning for breakfast, and then the whole group would leave for the day to go sightseeing. She informed him that he had to pay 8 dollars a day (visitor rate) for him and his wife to do this. She told him that he should have rented one of their cabins for the week. He then informed her that he had called for one, but they were all rented. The lady in the office said she had just rented one because there was a no-show the previous night. The older gentleman threw his hands up in the air and walked out of the office. I don't blame him! The owners really need to work on their "people skills." We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

lgram902

I will never recommend or go back to this campground. We made reservations for the 4th not being able to find any other places in the area. Now we know why there were sites available. Most of the campers were permanent sites. We made two reservations with my sister and family beside us. We were there five minutes and were already told about a picnic table we were moving wasn’t ours (which we knew, we were putting two together). I took my grandson over to the sandbox to play while my husband finished setting up. I had our dog, so I was at the edge of the play area. My sister pulled in and came over to me with her dog. She was not aware of the play area. I started getting up and the owner used a MEGA HORN to announce that we were not to have dogs in the play area. Before we could get the whole way off, she announced it again using the horn. The whole campground could hear. We were so embarrassed. There were no other children around, only my grandson. The next day it was over 90 degrees. We went to the pool. I brought three waters and two pops. We had them in a cooler. We decided we would bring the cooler and if it was not allowed, we would leave it outside. We got to the pool and the rule said “no alcohol, no glass” so we brought the cooler in. There was approximately 10 people in the pool area. Within one minute the owner was in the pool area stating we cannot have the cooler. I was very upset, because I thought we were not breaking any rules. That night a good friend and his wife stopped by at 8 pm. They wanted to check out the campground and see us. They were told it was $4 per person to stay. My friend asked how long and they said until 10 pm. He had asked if there was a discount or prorated amount since it would only be 2 hours. He was told no and decided it was not worth it. The owners wife told her husband he was rude and the husband kicked him out. This friend would never be rude to anyone! After that the owner kept driving around our campsite. We are not bad campers. I have camped since I was a child. We are very family oriented and are usually in bed by 10 or 11 pm. This campground is the worst one I have ever been to. We have camped a lot and have a fifth wheel. My sister also has a fifth wheel. We could not get any reception and were in the full sun. The sites are also very small and uneven. The road was gravel. I feel they only cater to the permanent sites. We were not the only ones having problems. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

CarrieBearie

This would've been a nice enough place had the sites been level at all, and the owner more hospitable. It is quiet, although close to the freeway. Many seasonal folks, but tidy. And it was full hook-ups at a decent price (with Good Sam). Our site was the most unlevel we've encountered as full-timers! It looked like the only level sites in the whole cg, were those for the tents! At first, I found the owner to be friendly and trying to accommodate and help. He escorted us to our site and tried to guide my husband into place (he ended up putting us in a bad orientation, which he noticed himself, and we had to repark). However, shortly afterwards, we were walking our two kitties through the loosely organized, spread out play area when he came racing over in his golf cart to tell us no pets in the play area (not quite what his sign said: it said no dogs). It wasn't so much the poor signage/communication or the rules about the play area that was so offensive but rather his demeanor. We spent the rest of our stay wondering when we'd get pulled-over for some other hidden infraction (like walking our dogs anywhere at all!) The pet area he told us to use was a steep hillside! Ruined our stay at this cg and we will not be back. I've read other reviews that mentioned a "golf cart gestapo" but had never run into such a thing personally. But that is exactly the term my husband used after the incident, and he'd never read those other reviews! If you stay here, take lots of leveling blocks and don't expect any authentic hospitality. This is probably one of the lowest marks I've ever given, and it's because of the owner. We camped at Gaslight Campground in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Gaslight Campground?