Benner's Meadow Run Camping & Cabins

Farmington, Pennsylvania

Recent Rate: $48 5/2014

Longitude: -79.5627206157303

Camper_Girl

Overall this campground is very nice. It is a family friendly place, lots of small kids, but that didn't bother us (we don't have kids). The campground offers weekend activities to keep people busy and having fun. They have a pool and hot tub, and mini golf, which we didn't use, but looked nice. They do not have cable TV, and we only got 2 channels - the BBC and Food Network, however we weren't there to watch TV. Might be a drawback on a rainy day, though. They have Wi-Fi, but I believe you have to pay for that. There is a security gate with a key code you have to go through to get into the park. The only drawback on this was that when we first arrived to check in, we didn't know that, and pulled right up to the gate, as there really isn't anywhere else to park. I went in and registered, then she gave me the security codes, and we were able to get in, so when I returned to the truck, there was someone waiting behind me. This could be a problem during a busy arrival time. When checking in, they were very adamant about quiet time and their alcohol policy; which you can drink at your own sites, just not walking around the campground. I was worried about the quiet hours because it said no radio at all, but we kept ours very low and did not have any problems or had anyone complain. I was worried that they would have security driving around policing you all weekend - which they did not do, which was nice. Overall the campground was pretty quiet, even throughout the busy Memorial Day weekend. It was quite enjoyable. The sites seemed average size to me, not very big, but we were comfortable. Our site was in the Lake View area, which was nice, not too much traffic driving around. Our site did back directly up to a cottage, which was very close, but luckily all neighbors were nice, just a bit too close for comfort. Lake Josh is more of a pond, but people were down there fishing. The guys I asked said they did not catch anything. The roads could use better markings, because when we checked in, she highlighted on the map where our site was and how to get there, but we were confused on a few of the roads to turn down. It would be nice if they had someone direct you to your site, or better road markings. It could be quite difficult in the dark. I wouldn't recommend a site near the office, as that seemed very tight, and the outside sites seemed right on the road. I'm not sure if this would be the campground's fault, but they gave us a map that had local activities and establishments nearby, which I thought was nice, but when we decided to have pizza out at one of the places and drove to it, we found that the place was not open, it wasn't even built yet! That was disappointing. The campground is only a few minutes away from OhioPyle area, where there is a ton of outdoor stuff to do. Lots of hiking, biking, and water activities to enjoy. I really enjoyed this trip, the campground was clean and not loud, we had no problems. I would stay again. We camped at Benner's Meadow Run Camping & Cabins in a Travel Trailer.

skate

This is an Ok campground. The interior roads and sites are gravel (rough gravel). Most of the sites were not level and crowded. Lots of nice shade trees, but not much grass between the sites. I did not see any pull thru sites. I think big rigs would have some trouble getting into this park. The restrooms/showers were clean with a mix of old/new facilities. The location is out of the way and kind of hard to find. Most of the sites were filled with seasonal units. I don't think we would stay here again. We camped at Benner's Meadow Run Camping & Cabins in a Motorhome.

dmeyer

Our original plan was to spend two nights, but we extended our stay to 4. All of the staff I dealt with were friendly and accommodating. This is the closest private park to Ohiopyle. My site was reserved at the last minute and was near all of the activities, so it was busy at times, but everyone seemed to be having fun, and I never heard any foul language during our stay. We reserved our sites for our next stay before we pulled out. We camped at Benner's Meadow Run Camping & Cabins in a Tent Trailer.

LeoRunner

If you enjoy a park full of smoke, sites that aren't leveled, lots and lot of children running around and snooty teenagers this is the place for you. If you have a large motorhome...STAY AWAY from this place! The sites are tight, the roads narrow and gravel throughout. The pool looked mucks but the little pond was lovely. The whole time we were here we could here everyone around us praising Jim Crow Laws, quoting the bible, and getting drunk. We stayed for 13 miserably long hours and left. The town nearby is quaint and have a couple of very nice resorts..one with an RV site that is on the rather expensive side but worth it! We camped at Benner's Meadow Run Camping & Cabins in a Motorhome.

cleo1948

This campground is not big rig friendly. We arrived in a 39 foot motorhome and was assigned a site that was not suitable for our rig. The site was uneven and small and the hook ups were in the back of the rig, not on the side as usually placed at other campgrounds. We tried to level our rig but damaged the levelers in the process. The roads were narrow and low hanging tree branches made for a very stressful drive to the site. After the failed attempt to level up, we left the campground and headed home. Fortunately, we live close by. The management was informed about our experience and departure and we were told that no refund would be made and that big rigs go in and out of there everyday; although we didn't see any big rigs or big fifth wheels. Take heed and use caution if you plan to camp at this campground. We will not be returning.. We camped at Benner's Meadow Run Camping & Cabins in a Motorhome.

garnetdurango

Just ok. This campground had a well water problem all weekend. The water was orange and nasty. Come Saturday there was no hot water for a shower. The pool area is nice. I was not thrilled with all of the underage kids working the store, snackbar and doing the activities. They all had the personality of a stick. Some of the activities were a real let down. When it came time for the balloon toss,the girl brought out maybe 12 water baloons for the 30 or so kids wanting to participate. My child was very disappointed. The hayride is pulled by a Ford Truck. The campground has a arcade that dispenses tickets to win prizes. It seemed like their main priority was for you to dump tons of $$$ in the arcade. I dont take my children camping so that they can blow tons of $$$ in an arcade. The playground is in the middle of a bunch of tent sites. You have to walk around peoples tents to walk around the playground. I didnt like that. The restrooms were not the cleanest. The floors were muddy and wet. The one restroom did not have any way to dry your hands. Does it cost that much for some papertowels? We will not be returning to Benners Meadow Run anytime soon. We camped at Benner's Meadow Run Camping & Cabins in a Tent Trailer.

janezp

We really liked this place - much better than the nearby Jellystone park. We were camping with friends and had sites right across from the office and pool - no trees and a little close together, but it was nice to share a yard and the noise from the central complex was minimal. Sites further away are more wooded and down fairly steep hills, so take your choice. Only one showerhouse, so it's a hike from some sites; and our only complaint is that the showers, while free and pretty clean, were inconsistent. You'd get hot water one time, lukewarm the next, and a hot shower could quickly turn cold. We were here over Labor Day weekend; I guess the hot water heater just had trouble keeping up. Great activities, and not only for the kids: a DJ on Friday night and a pretty good local band on Saturday. My middle schoolers rated the game room the best we've ever been to, and the pool was nice (although a little cold!). We would definitely camp here again, as we plan to return to the Ohiopyle area for whitewater rafting and the natural waterslides. Very nice park! We camped at Benner's Meadow Run Camping & Cabins in a Travel Trailer.

Horizons28

This was a nicely shaded campground (except for a dozen open sites near the front entrance) with a long, gravel pad, a picnic table and fire ring at each site. The tent sites are in their own secluded areas. I'd estimate about two-thirds of the sites with hookups were seasonals, but all were very nicely maintained. The campground had a pool, a separate wading pool, and plenty of other recreational activities for the kids. The place was full, with lots of children, on a summer weekend but emptied out quite a bit during the week. The restrooms were basic but clean. The office staff was friendly and efficient. The office had a fairly well stocked camp store, with a more limited grocery section. There was a nice snack bar selling both hot and cold breakfast and snack items, as well as ice cream. A worship service is held in the recreation hall on Sunday mornings. A security guard patrols the park during quiet hours, which were enforced. We noticed employees were always going around the park doing maintenance and cleaning up. Nicely located for the many activities available in the surrounding Laurel Highlands. We camped at Benner's Meadow Run Camping & Cabins in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Benner's Meadow Run Camping & Cabins?