Granite Hill Camping Resort

• Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities no
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Granite Hill Camping Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $65.00

Didn't seem that this campground was very well taken care of. Now, I know that it has been raining quite a bit around the area, but then it may be best to close those areas off rather than stack all the campers in there like they did and people getting stuck. So many ruts everywhere! Cost, I thought, was extremely high for what you got - not much and just seemed dirty. A shame as it is close to many attractions, but there are certainly much better campgrounds in the area on Rte. 116 too. Just thought that with a name like Granite Hill Camping RESORT you would think differently - it certainly is NOT a resort. Although maybe if you are part of the Blue Grass Festival, that is extremely over the top advertised everywhere, it may be good, but we will not be recommending this campground to anyone for anything!!! Tremendous disappointment!! We camped at Granite Hill Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

P1 muddy hill
Fire Ring

Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $70.00

The grounds are not well-maintained. The grass is not mode. The playgrounds are extremely old and covered in rust. The bathrooms are dirty and full of bugs and mildew. The pool is falling apart and full of cracks and in bad need of repair. They are charging the rates of a very nice resort however they lack to maintain the overall campground. And they're only name to fame is the large bluegrass festival but they have one weekend a year. For the price that you pay and the way that there are sites are laid out there are much better values in the Gettysburg Pennsylvania area right down the road. This campground has the potential to be very nice and I think it was at one point in time but in the past several years it has really fallen by the wayside and is not as nice as related to the price that you actually paid to stay here. Water pressure was terrible all weekend long even when I route moved my pressure reducer. We camped at Granite Hill Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

B

While in the area go visit other campgrounds down the road such as Gettysburg campground, artillery ridge campground, and drummer boy campground, and Gettysburg KOA. Also the battlefields of Gettysburg are wonderful to tour.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $50.00

Unfortunately, due to rain and being assigned to a "grassy" site, I almost got stuck in mud! Luckily, was able to get out of the mess, but the whole campground was a muddy mess. I didn't know I"d be there during a bluegrass festival, so staff was more concerned about dealing with that then trying to service other customers. Lots of other campgrounds in the area I would have used if I had known. We camped at Granite Hill Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Near Gettysburg

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $52.00

Location is why you would come to this park. It is very near Gettysburg and an easy drive in. The pool was closed for the season when we stayed, but the campground had lots of room for kids to play. We stayed in the Pull Thru spots near the entrance (B1 - B10) and they were only ~1" out of level. I did walk around and see many site further up the hill were way out of level (5" - 7", based on blocks under tires). We camped at Granite Hill Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

B8

Featured Campgrounds Near Granite Hill Camping Resort

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $59.00

If I had young kids the $59 they charge might be worth it as they have a pool, ball field/courts, horseshoes, a fishing pond, nice fast food café and ice cream. But $59 for me is way too much. This is an older park and it is showing its age. Showers were not clean and needed repairs. Toilet/sinks were OK but room needed some repairs. I could never figure out the shower water controller so my water temp was always on the hot side. Take a look inside the laundry room and you will see years of plumbing repairs. Most drive thru sites in my area were uneven so bring your leveling blocks/wood. Site signage almost nonexistent. I had to drive around until I found mine. Park is huge, a former farm. It has several separate sites so it is not crowded. Mature trees in my area. Overpriced for the rate they charge. Electric is above ground (this tells you this is an old park). It was convenient to Gettysburg though so it met our location needs. Roads between sites were tight, mostly one car wide. Would not stay there again. We camped at Granite Hill Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $45.00

PROS: Beautiful setting outside Gettysburg. Easy entrance and short trip to Gettysburg. Outstanding setting and good amenities. We hope to come back someday during one of the twice-yearly Bluegrass festivals. Nice stage. Lots of different camping sections. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is that the bathroom was not very clean when I used it. Also, dim and unheated, with shower temp at lukewarm. Brrr. We camped at Granite Hill Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

C4

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $54.00

We enjoyed the location of this campground, the many playgrounds and the staff was super friendly. The restrooms/bath houses were older, so probably hard to get a nice clean look/feel. They're useable, but not as nice as many others we've been to. The kids loved playing putt putt. We'll definitely come back! We camped at Granite Hill Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

C24

Gettysburg is very close. We drove through the battlegrounds and walked some of the trails. The town has lots of great shops and restaurants to look through. So much history.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $45.00

Gettysburg is a busy place and the nightly cost reflects that situation. Site wasn't very level and maxed out my landing pads. Nice and quiet and no major complaints. We camped at Granite Hill Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

MG3

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $45.00

I was was extremely dissatisfied by this campground especially for the money. We were parked in an open field with no road or pad with water and electric only for $49.00 on weekends and $44.00 Monday through Thursday.

The young lady that directed us to our site apparently never walked or drove the property. She directed us to use a road that did not lead to our site and was not fit for motorhomes. Actually most of the interior roads are very poorly maintained and few are worthy to drive on with a car much less a motorhome or trailer.

The restrooms are very old and as poorly maintained as the roads in the campground. They may have been as clean as can be expected but smelled old and musty.

The fact that they have bands on occasion does not excuse the poor condition of the property. We would never stay here again. There are too many other options. We camped at Granite Hill Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

P19

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Gettysburg is a must see for everyone. Eat at the Pike Restaurant.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $55.00

We were just here for bike week. Very nice campground, not deluxe but clean, well kept and fun. They had live bands 3 nights in a row. Great crowd of campers. We camped at Granite Hill Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

B section

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $54.00

We've stayed here multiple times. As always, the campground and staff met our expectations. The only issue would be the lack of wi-fi at our site, but that was not a big problem for us. We enjoyed our extended stay and will definitely return in the fall. We camped at Granite Hill Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

D16

There is a lot to do / see in Gettysburg. Take advantage of the sites. You won't be sorry.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $55.00

We have been going to Granite Hill since 2001, several weekends per year. They have sites for every kind of camping, tents to big rigs. You do have to watch, some sites are more level than others. Not all sites have stone, and no sites are paved. Minimal number of sites with cable available. We camp spring and fall, not summer, but they do have a pool. In the fall they have hayrides and other activities for the children. They usually have some type of entertainment for the entire family weekend nights. You can contact them to see what's on the schedule for when. They have a small cafe that offers your standard breakfast items, hot dogs and ice cream. They also have their own Put Put golf. There is a decent store at the office. This campground is huge, and most of the sites are not on top of each other. It's very family friendly. There is a decent size, clean laundry room. It's only 20 minutes to Gettysburg, and there's plenty of restaurants and wineries to visit. There are probably more people there from Maryland than PA on any given weekend. The grounds are kept clean, and if you have any issues, stop at the office and they will help get them resolved. The staff is pleasant. We enjoy this campground, which is why we go every year. We take some of our grandchildren a few weekends. It's not fancy, but a clean and decent place to be with beautiful views. We camped at Granite Hill Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Gettysburg is 6 miles down the road; Emmitsburg MD about 20 minutes away is home to the Ott House, a family owned restaurant and bar where all the food is home made, and The National Fire Academy.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $52.00

Campground wasn't really open yet. Showers not available, but office was open. One night the owner locked the gate when my wife was out doing laundry. Had to leave truck at gate and haul laundry ~1/2 mile. Staff helpful. Looked like a lot of amenities when fully open. No water service: too early. Lot spacing is nearby with a sunny/open exposure. Site surface was gravel. We camped at Granite Hill Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

B1

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $60.00

This has always been one of my favorite parks, even going back to when I was a kid and went with my parents. My favorite site is B35. Some of the sites aren't perfectly level, BUT it is camping after all, so if you have a thing about having to add a block or two under some tires, then this isn't the place for you. They always have great activities planned and the camp store is great, so is the staff for that matter. I usually stay here twice a season and I never get tired of it! We camped at Granite Hill Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

B35

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $65.00

The site we had was extremely slanted. We could hardly level with our level up system. I would suggest a retainer wall to level the sites in that area. Very few full hookups. The overall appearance of this campground is average. The cable did not work at all. Some bathrooms need updating. I feel the price is unreasonable for what you are getting. We camped at Granite Hill Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

MG7

Featured Campgrounds Near Granite Hill Camping Resort

Are you affiliated with Granite Hill Camping Resort ?