Jim Thorpe Camping Resort

Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania

Davetheroamer

All in all it was a nice camp site. Very shady, but not level at all. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get my camper level. No activities for the kids. If your not planning in town adventures or white water rafting, don't come here. Out of all the staff, we only ran into one person that was friendly, everyone else was quite rude with an "I Don't Care" attitude. The only way I would stay here again is if we go white water rafting again. We never did find where they had the public showers or restrooms. We camped at Jim Thorpe Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

hiker1

Previous postings are accurate. However, we enjoyed our stay and our site. Main reason was that this campground was virtually empty this past weekend. Whole different atmosphere in the off-season. I would suggest sites near the street or pull through sites 45 & 46 (ours). We will return next year (off-season only). We camped at Jim Thorpe Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

ripwild

Hmmmmm. Tough time with this review. This campground has a lot of rustic charm. When I say "rustic" I mean a campground out of the 70's with lots of seasonal sites, some of which look like permanent resident sites. When I say "charm" I mean a lot of partying, a lot of noise, and nothing that says "Resort" like their name implies. The pool is small, under-sized, and underneath trees. The play ground is unimpressive. The cabins are unimpressive (based on my assessment from the outside only). We used this campsite as a base for white water rafting and it served us well for that purpose. If we ever head back to Jim Thorpe for the city's TRUE rustic charm, we'll be forced to use this campground as there really is nothing else around. A great campground if you just want a place to park and sleep while taking the surrounding area in. We camped at Jim Thorpe Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

kingbert99

Prior to actually camping here I read the reviews of Jim Thorpe Campground posted on this site. They were poor enough that it warranted a visit to scout out the campsite before towing the trailer over. Our initial visit confirmed the negative reviews and we drove away, putting this on the "do not visit" list. Fast forward a few months and our desire to visit Jim Thorpe was pretty substantial. I decided to give the campground a shot and I wasn't disappointed. I actually felt pretty badly about not having given it a fair shot earlier. It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong and I'm pretty sure I was wrong to have judged so quickly. Reviews from other users mention tight navigation for a trailer. That remains unchanged. I had to go to their website, look at a park map, then call and request a specific site that looked like it would be navigable. The site I chose was near the playground; aside from this row and the street-side sites, the others would be very difficult for a trailer longer than about 18ft. Previous reviews mentioned the roads turning into rivers when it rained; we didn't find this to be the case. We had a pretty large thunderstorm come through and the gravel dissipated the water nicely. In other words, the rain was a non-factor. The front desk/general store was well-stocked and had a courteous staff. The showers and restrooms were clean and had a circulation fan to keep moisture at bay. I was very pleased with how well kept they were. Though we didn't use the pool, it was open and had a good crowd, making me think it was well maintained. As a mountain biker, the fact that I was so close to as many trails as there were was a major plus and I intend to return. My only critiques would be the tight navigation for backing in a trailer and the crowds (we're in the peak of the season, so privacy wasn't the best). However, Jim Thorpe is an amazing town and this is only one of two RV parks immediately near the city. The other looks like a war-zone, down to the burned-down trailers still on the lot. My recommendation? Give it a shot. The town is amazing and with a little prior planning you can pick a good spot. We camped at Jim Thorpe Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Hitch itch

The only reason I did not rate this cg higher is because the wooded sites are Really tough to get into if you have a longer rig. There are some sites up front that are easy to get in to. The owner really needs to remove some tree's to make it easier to get your rig into the site. Besides that we really liked this cg the store was well stocked and the staff was More then helpful, they let us get in early so that we could go whitewater rafting, which is why we stayed here. Most sites are level but some seem to be a little rough. Very peaceful there. they had a nice/clean pool and a playground for the kids. This cg is the closest to all whitewater rafting company's for the Leigh river about 8 miles. We will stay here again when we do more rafting. with a little TLC this cg could rate tons higher. We camped at Jim Thorpe Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Zipster

This is park with potential, but first they need to remove the seasonals and cut down a significant number of trees. I was scared to death driving my small travel trailer through this place. We would never camp there again. We camped at Jim Thorpe Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Motorhome Madness

What a disapointment! This place could use a couple weeks worth of work with a chainsaw and backhoe. Low branches everywhere and wires. One electric wire almost took my AC unit off. Didn't see it as it was night fall and was directed to the site by the owner. All roads in poor shape and in need of gravel. To many seasonals and a good amount of the ones that were there were in not so great shape. Sure did look like trailer trash to me. Could be a great place due to its location, but I will never stay there again even if you paid me. We camped at Jim Thorpe Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Motorhome Madness

This park has very small roads to get around not good with bigger recreational vehicles.When
it rains the water just runs like a river because it is all rock.Great for tent camping in field. We camped at Jim Thorpe Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Jim Thorpe Camping Resort?