Jonestown, Pennsylvania

• Live Entertainment Live Entertainment yes
  • Creek Creek yes

Ask the Community a Question

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $65.00

Not a big park but it is laid out in such a way that it feels a lot bigger than it is. We had water front sites, which are parallel to the creek so it really feels private. Hookups were fine. They run kayak, canoe, and tube rentals from the campground. The store is fantastic. Take out menu with delivery to your site. Nice Ice cream shop. Average prices. Site price was high but it was a Holiday Weekend. No pool but they do have a splash park. WIFI was weak, but free. We will stay here again. We camped at Jonestown / Hershey NE KOA in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel

This campground is close to many attractions, including Hershey Park, which they run a shuttle to. The Swatara Creek north or the campground has some rough areas, but, if you know where to take out at, south of the campground is reported as being an easy paddle.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $48.00

Excellent service and so convenient to I 81 - moments from the exit and yet, so quiet! Most of the guests here are transients and a lot of coming and going but it is all handled well. We had an issue here with a slide and the owner (whose name I see I am not supposed to mention) was so accommodating and understanding. We had to get service in and eventually had to get a part flown in and he worked with us through it all and reassured us that he would find us a place until it was all looked after. Will always remember the kindness shown through this difficult period. Beautiful clean camp - friendly folks! Hope to see them again soon (thanks 'K') We camped at Jonestown / Hershey NE KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

There are 2 fuel stops between the south-bound exit and the park but neither was particularly suited to our length so, I chose to go to the park and un-hook and then make the short run for fuel.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $49.00

Easy on and off I-81. Even though somewhat close to the interstate, not much road noise to contend with. Friendly, very helpful staff. This KOA has a small kitchen/restaurant which is very convenient. Sites a little close, but level and accommodating. Stayed here twice and both times staff went out of their way to help with our particular needs. Definitely stay here again in the fall. We camped at Jonestown / Hershey NE KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $50.00

We had a pull thru in a treed section and no dish available. The site was level and long enough to stay hooked up as this was just an overnight stop. All utilities were fine and although close to the interstate, it was quiet at night. We camped at Jonestown / Hershey NE KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $45.00

Good place for an overnight while traveling. Close to interstate 81. You do hear traffic noise from local roads and I-81. The interior gravel roads of the campground are under water after a heavy rain. We camped at Jonestown / Hershey NE KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $42.00

Close to Hershey, PA with pull through sites that would accommodate my 69' Rv/trailer length. Lots of rain in the area and grounds/roads were wet and muddy. I thought one of the 's' turns along my path out of the campground was a little tight for my length, so I had the room and opted to backout of my campsite into an open area and exit the way I entered rather than drive through. Our traveling companions have a 40' coach and tow a jeep; they were able to negotiate the 's' turn in the park without issue. We camped at Jonestown / Hershey NE KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $33.00

I'm going to save some typing and just copy and paste from their website because I agree with every word. "Looking for a quiet, convenient location to relax after a long day on the road? Or a base camp for sightseeing in the Hershey area? Jonestown/Hershey NE KOA fits the bill! Jonestown/Hershey NE KOA is OPEN YEAR ROUND with full service accommodations for RVers and only a mile off I-78 or I-81. We're only 25 minutes northeast of all Hershey has to offer! We offer a FREE HERSHEYPARK SHUTTLE from Memorial Day through Labor Day with the purchase of discounted park tickets from our general store. Our campground is truly big rig friendly with long, level pull-through full hook-up sites, some as long as 100, which can accommodate RVs of any size, as well as tents. Under a canopy of leaves, our sites are nestled along the Swatara Creek, where you may enjoy fishing, swimming or splashing in a canoe, kayak or tube rental from the campground" Additionally, they have a deli-like snack shop in the office building that has great coffee, sandwiches and such. We camped at Jonestown / Hershey NE KOA in a Motorhome.

There's a nice Hollywood Casino only about ten miles away but it's NOT RV friendly. They have a truck and RV lot that's a long way from the casino and they will find you and make you move if you park elsewhere.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $45.00

This year round park is a regular stop for us anytime we're in the area as we travel up and down I-81. The staff are always friendly and knowledgeable, and do their best to meet any special requests. We were guided to our fairly wide pull-thru site by a helpful young man that made sure we where the hookups were before leaving. There were not many guests here this time, since it was January. The cold weather made our hot dinner from the on-site deli all the more tasty though. Our Verizon and AT&T cell services were strong here, and the free cable TV worked well. Our site had a clear view if we had wanted to put up our satellite dish, but not all sites do. The OTA TV stations from Harrisburg come in well to. The park is fairly quite, with occasional truck noise from the nearby interstate. We will definitely be stopping here again. We camped at Jonestown / Hershey NE KOA in a Motorhome.

The on-site deli and country store are a definite bonus at this park. Several gas stations are nearby, including a Speedway and Love's Travel Center.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $45.00

We stayed in Site 38, Creekside. The site was narrow so our slide out was right at the edge of the road. The utilities were also at the rear so I needed to go buy a longer fresh water hose. Sites 34-37 were all a bit wider with hook ups at the traditional side location. I would have preferred one of those sites. But, all in all, the site was good and we enjoyed being by the creek. The employees are fabulous! We walked down to get dinner on Saturday night and they said they would bring it to our site. I had issues with the TV cable and they came out to help (my problem - not theirs). We went to the store to buy firewood and they delivered to us. Very friendly and customer oriented. We would definitely stay again. We camped at Jonestown / Hershey NE KOA in a Travel Trailer.

We took the dogs for a hike in nearby Swatara State Park. Easy trails, some areas even paved. Very pretty park!

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $44.00

This KOA is conveniently located off I 81 and is open year round. The staff is very friendly and the park is tidy The interior roads are a narrow, the sites are close, but relatively level. There is a heavy tree vegetation, so it is a difficult to get a satellite signal. Overall, it is a great overnight stop. We camped at Jonestown / Hershey NE KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $42.00

Check-in for our overnight stay was pleasant and quick, and we were able to order dinner from the on-site deli at the same time, for delivery to our site later. We were escorted to a level, gravel pull-thru site that was quite long and wide enough to not feel crowded in. The utilities are well located, with multiple sewer inlets for flexibility in connecting. Our satellite dish worked very well here. This is a KOA "Journey" park that caters to overnighters, and there are only a few long term sites, most occupied by work campers. The park is relatively quiet, with just occasional truck noise from the nearby I-81 exit. The campground WiFi service was strong with moderate data speeds, and our Verizon cell signal was also strong with good data speeds. We could only get a T-Mobile 2G signal here though. We will be returning the next time we pass through the area. We camped at Jonestown / Hershey NE KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $47.00

We stayed here for 4 days with grandchildren. The park is clean, with easy access off I-81. Utilities were centrally located and everything functioned well. While there was no pool, there was a splash pad that the grandkids loved and a nice playground (right across the street from us). The attendant escorting me to my site took me down the wrong road and then brought me back around on a road with a turn I could not make. I had to do some creative backing (with no assistance) to get out to a parking lot I could turn around in. Otherwise everything was OK - typical KOA. We camped at Jonestown / Hershey NE KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

47-48

Approximately 15 miles from Hershey Park, so fairly convenient.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $51.00

We were looking for a place to stop overnight but were surprised that we were not at the KOA that we were trying to find. As it turns out this was a very nice quiet park with the tranquil Swatara creek running along side the campsites. This is a good place to rest for a night or two but there wasn't much to do at the campground except swim, fish or canoe in the creek. I'm sure for some that would be a great way to spend an entire vacation. Our camp site was fairly spacious but the layout of the campground seemed to be confusing. It was good that all the RV's were not lined up like trucks in a parking lot. The restrooms and showers, although far away from our site, were clean and usable. The WIFI and TV worked well. A staff person brought us to our site which we always appreciate. There is a snack bar with chicken and sandwiches with delivery service to your camp site. We would choose this KOA if we pass through the Jonestown area again. We camped at Jonestown / Hershey NE KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $46.00

A beautiful well-established park, with lots of grass, trees & landscaping. Like other KOAs these days, they are geared for families with lots of activities: boating, bicycling, "gem mining" (screen a bucket of dirt for pretty rocks), arcade, a huge ground-level trampoline and so on. The sites are spacious & shady, and despite the large number of campers, there is some breathing room. We stayed mid-week in late August & the campground was nearly full by 4pm, so reservations by noon are recommended. We camped at Jonestown / Hershey NE KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $47.00

After a long day on backed-up Interstates under construction in the rain, it was a big relief to pull in here and find a site available even at a higher price than we normally pay for an overnight stopover. There aren't too many options in this part of Pennsylvania and the price reflects amenities we did not need like a free shuttle to Hershey Park. We were led by golf cart to a site parallel to the river with a concrete pad, and phoned in an order for the campground store's fried chicken along with a few bananas. A nice young staffer brought it to our site just as a heavy rain began falling. Even though the chicken was dried out and the bananas were way past their prime, we were happy to be tucked in for the night and enjoyed a good night's sleep. Took advantage of the dog park while here. Some sites might be noisy where trucks roll across a bridge next to the campground. We camped at Jonestown / Hershey NE KOA in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Jonestown / Hershey NE KOA ?