Clayton Recreation Area

Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania

• yes-lake Waterfront

Boggy

This is a seasonal park with just a few transient spaces. We needed a spot big enough for a 40 ft. motorhome and tent. The pull-through electric/water site took a lot of maneuvering to get in and even more to get out. The pull-through sites closer to the office are much easier in and out, but not big enough for a motorhome and tent. The power was strong and stable. Water pressure was good. Showers cost $1.00 for 5 minutes. I waited at least a minute for the water to warm up enough to use. The park staff and seasonal residents were friendly. There is a half page waiver to sign at registration which I didn't read and I was presented with 4 pages of rules. Our rate was for the site occupied by 4 adults. Follow driving directions posted on the web site. The roads from I-84 to the park are hilly and twisty and get pretty narrow near the park. We camped at Clayton Recreation Area in a Motorhome.

dbl4de3

This was a nice park. Has a lake. Everything was clean and neat. WiFi was available but not working. No problem for us. Park was not busy while we were there. We were the only overnight campers. Would stay again in off season. We camped at Clayton Recreation Area in a Fifth Wheel.

mcharland

Park is mainly a seasonal park with just a few transient spaces, none of which are lakefront. It is a peaceful setting and you are right at the lake. Pull thru sites were very long with nice spacing between them. They are gravel and level with grass in between sites. Roads are dirt/gravel. Sites are open so using satellite was easy as there is no cable. Wi-Fi is free, but does not work well at the sites. You have to go to the office to get a decent signal to do anything. Nice stop over for a night or two, but really nothing else. We camped at Clayton Recreation Area in a Fifth Wheel.

Itsy

I am not a seasonal camper but if I were this would be the park I'd choose. Unfortunately, I was merely a short-stayer. I was so pleased with the view, peacefulness & all the quiet I heard! The people (not just staff but campers, too) were very friendly & welcoming. My utilities were reliable, the wi fi was strong, and I was 1 very happy camper. Wish I could have stayed much longer! We camped at Clayton Recreation Area in a Motorhome.

Motorcycle Jack

Very nice quiet campground. Has a low electric line but slid over my 13'6" with no problem. Could hang up if you have a sat dish though. We camped at Clayton Recreation Area in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Clayton Recreation Area?