Bucktail Camping Resort

Mansfield, Pennsylvania

Recent Rate: $50 7/2012

Latitude: 41.819281

tdslsmo

This is a terrifically fun park for the kids. We camped here as our last stop on a 10-day camping trip and the kids did not want to leave. The facility has too many things to mention for the kids to do and all are included in the fee which seemed a little high until you see what you get with it. The rest rooms and showers were well-kept and the park was packed when we visited. The only negatives for me was the park gets very crowded to the point that you feel that there is not enough space between campers. Most of the sites were deep and narrow, not real ideal. We ended up with a site that had the sewer for our neighbor about 15' from our door. Not a huge deal, but would have preferred a little separation. And the roads are gravel so don't bother washing and waxing before coming here as you'll be leaving dirty. But that was the only negatives I could think of from a wonderful stay. My kids want to know when we are going back and I can't blame them. We camped at Bucktail Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

emtjewel

This park came highly recommended. However we booked it for 5 days and left on the 2nd day. This park was very run down and in great need of updates. The sites are way too close together, the neighbors septic hookup is only 1 foot away from our picnic table which is right up against our camper!! Our septic hookup was right beside our neighbors table. Although there is lots for kids to do the play grounds are in bad need of repair. There was tons of trash all over and there was no stone or grass on our site. Everywhere I looked there was mud. We will never come back here again. I can honestly say that this is the worst un-kept campground that we have ever been to. We camped at Bucktail Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

knoxcamper

Very old, needs some serious updates. We started our weekend back on site 48. It would have been ok for a 20' camper, not our 30'. It was very tight, muddy, low hanging branches. The hook-ups were a joke. I ask the clerk if I could possibly move the next morning, and they were kind enough to let me move. Our next site was #69. Bigger, more room, nicer site by the playground and pool. We liked this site. The only problem was the large gravel covering the entire site. Pretty hard on the dog's feet. The campground was good for the kids. However, we will not be returning here. We camped at Bucktail Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

letsgorving

The Good: If you have young kids they will LOVE this campground. There are all kinds of swings, houses to climb in, batting cages, zip-lines- LOTS. Wish I had found this place when my son was young. They have a huge dirt pile where you can hand pump a "moat" around the pile and dig to your heart's content with trucks etc. Kid heaven. The Bad: It is an old crowded campground needing a little TLC with narrow sites. Barely fit our almost 40ft fifth wheel on the so-called "big-rig" site and we had to park our truck somewhere else. Literally no room for it near our site. Bathhouse was old, but fairly clean. Lame store. We supposedly had a 50amp site, but it was hot and the power went out from their main grid a couple times, and we couldn't run our AC. Maintenance said, "We're at the end of the line from Mansfield." :( Just to add-others had mentioned the very bumpy roads and hill to climb to get here. We second that. Would only stay here again if I was bringing small children, and mine are only getting older! We camped at Bucktail Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

mtrumpet

You have to drive along a bumpy road to get to the park where you then have to climb a good sized hill up to the entrance of the park. If you have kids, this is great campground in which to keep them occupied. There are a lot of activities for the kids. Check out their website for all of the details. If you're looking for a place to spend a nice quiet weekend, this is NOT the place to do it. The sites are absurdly close to each other and the sites are very unlevel. So much so, that we had a difficult time getting our rig level. The campground is also extremely dusty. Your rig will need a very thorough cleaning by the end of your stay. Staff is almost non-existent when it comes to keeping order in the park. It's not unusual to have people walking right through your campsite at any given time. Considering how small the sites are, they have to walk right under the awning in most cases. Store staff is rude and not at all friendly. In summary, a great place for the kids, but not recommended for an relaxing adult stay. We camped at Bucktail Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

PA-RVr

This is definitely a family-oriented CG. If you are looking for a place to enjoy the quiet rolling hills of PA, look elsewhere. However, if you are looking for a place to stay that offers the children more than just a pool and a swing set, you may like it here. The website directions were perfect and take you right to the door. But, as noted in another review, the road to the CG is dusty with a big hill for the final approach. The staff was neither "welcoming with a smile" nor abusive ... think teenagers doing a summer job to make some money before school starts again. We had a back-in site but the dump connections made no sense. They sat high off the ground too. The rides only run at certain times of the day with the schedules posted on the entrance to the office. The rides were a bit run down but the kids won't notice. Even with children, not sure if I'd return here again but it was something different to try once with the kids. We camped at Bucktail Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

happycampers2

Very friendly staff. Lots of activities. Lots of kids. A very-family oriented place. We camped at Bucktail Camping Resort in a Tent.

bobnjoann

If you have kids, you need to stay in this park. If you don't, Would not recommend it. It's a little on the rundown side and dirty. But the kids have such a good time, you won't mind. We camped at Bucktail Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

ADK55

We had business in Mansfield, which is one reason we stayed here. The other reason was that we travel with dogs and need CG's that offer plenty of areas to take them for walks. We arrived at 1 p.m. and were charged $42.75 for the night, which seems very expensive for off-season and mid-week. There were no amenities or "happenings" that justified the high price. Sites are numbered, but either the hookups are placed on the wrong side of the site, or the sites are numbered incorrectly. We were assigned a back-in site, but had to pull in forward to get the hookups on the driver's side. The grounds seemed to be well-maintained, and although we didn't play miniature golf, the course appeared to be in good shape, with some very cute decorations. There's also a lovely gazebo nearby. The immediate entrance to the park is up a long hill, and had at least one rough bump. As I was walking my dog down the hill, a Class A was coming up; I heard its back end scrape the road, so if you have a big rig with a long overhang, be cautious. Unless I had kids, I wouldn't come here in the high season, as I'm sure it would be too noisy. In October, though, it was fine. There was excellent cellphone reception, as a tower is very close. We camped at Bucktail Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

dfugnitti

This was a very kid friendly campground but too crowded and noisy for our liking. I agree with one reviewer that there was no quiet time. Our kids need their sleep or we have grumps the next day. We camped at Bucktail Camping Resort in a Tent Trailer.

Mom22greatboys

This is an awesome park for kids - what a wonderful place. A different "theme" every week and lots to do. Cabins are available for those without RVs. Owners are very pleasant and accommodating. Dance every Saturday night - either a DJ or a live band. Kids love it - won't stop begging to go back. Definitely where they want to go again and again. Check it out for yourself! We camped at Bucktail Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

MJJBMommy

This park it outdated, cramped and dirty. It looks like it's heyday was in the 1970's and nothing has been updated since. The bathrooms were dirty with cobwebs and spiders. There was standing water (we hope it was water) nearly covering the men's bathroom floors. The arcade and putt-putt course have seen better days. Half of the games didn't work and the carpet was coming up on the putt-putt. The pool had stuff floating in it - lots of little styrofoam bits and other things. A little girl urinated on the cement at the top of the stairs. Her dad just laughed and no one else did anything about it. Would it have been to hard to come out with a hose and some bleach? The campground had a amusement park sized carrousel that they only ran for about 30 minutes during daylight hours. More on that later! We got a site at this campground at about 7:30 PM on a Saturday night. Upon arrival my first question was, "Do you have an enforced quiet time?" I was told that it was 11:00 and a security guard patrolled the park all night. This is quite important to me as my husband and one of our sons are very light sleepers. They were having a "shindig" that night with a country band playing with dancing. That was scheduled till 11:00. As we knew it would be impossible to sleep with that going on, we took the boys to the arcade and also played a few holes on the aging putt-putt course. The band quit shortly after 11:00 and there was still quite a bit of noise as the campers returned to their sites (so we thought). We turned in and waited for things to quiet down. At about 11:30 we heard a motor start up. At first I was thinking that the seasonal campers next to us had a generator (forgetting in my exhausted state that they had electricity). About five minutes went by and our 11 year old unzipped the window to see what the noise was. "Mom! It's the carrousel!" I thought he was kidding, but there it was! At first I thought it was kids horsing around, but no one came and turned it off! I had had enough. I knew we had a long drive ahead of us the next day - especially my husband - so I decided to go to the office and ask what was going on. As I was walking there the MUSIC for the carrousel came on full blast. The owners wife was just locking up the store for the night and I asked her why the carrousel was running. She replied (in a tone like she couldn't believe this would bother anyone) that maybe he would turn the music off. I explained that wouldn't be good enough - the thing sounded like a semi running outside of our camper. I asked what happened to the "Quiet Time" I was told about. She got mad and told me I'd have to speak to her husband. When we got to the carrousel, she told her husband that "this lady wants the music turned off". I replied, "No I want the whole thing turned off, It's after 11:30 PM." She got mad and shoved me. A crowd started developing and the conversation got louder and my husband could hear so he came out to see what was happening. I told him that the owner's wife shoved me and she denied it. Her husband then started screaming at us that they don't want "our kind" in his park and we should leave. Another person (not sure if he was an employee) kept getting in my husbands face saying, "I ain't afraid of you" like he was trying to provoke a fight. One lady screamed at us that we were ruining her kids fun. My husband replied that they should be in bed at that hour! All we wanted was peace & quiet. We were there three and a half hours and they refused to give us a refund. Is this how they treat their paying guests? If you're looking for a party spot to stay up all night and get drunk, you've found the right place. If you're looking for a good family campground where you can get some sleep - keep driving. We camped at Bucktail Camping Resort in a Tent Trailer.

dthurk

This campground was built for children! I have not seen the activities available at this campground anywhere else. Nightly rate is high, but includes all the activities. There are numerous playground areas of different types. The main playground has a sand pile adjacent, that is the mother of all sand piles. It appears the owners were trying to import an ocean beach. Another playground area has a slide that is akin to one that you would see in a county fair amusement area. They have 2 18 hole mini golf courses... free. They also have a small gauge train that can be ridden, and the track goes quite a ways through the woods. Again, no charge. There is also a tractor that pulled train of cars shaped as bugs that tours the campground fields. We stayed only one night, but arrived just before check-in and stayed until check-out the next day. Our daughter wouldn't have let us leave a minute early. The campground personnel are friendly. The roads are gravel, sites are grass or gravel. Some are more level than others. Big rigs might have some difficulties here. We camped at Bucktail Camping Resort in a Tent.

Are you affiliated with Bucktail Camping Resort?