Lancaster / New Holland KOA

354 Springville Road
New Holland, Pennsylvania 17557

Longitude: -76.02002

• Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no

Ask fellow campers about "Lancaster / New Holland KOA " and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $6,000.00

When making my reservations the man was not friendly. He told me if I was any earlier than 2 pm I need to pull over or go somewhere else until 2 o’clock. Checking in the lady in the office seemed to have an attitude. Why do people with no personality go into different businesses where they deal with the public? I have been camping 50 years and have never encountered so many rules. Water pressure was poor. Ladies room had signs on the toilets to hold down the handle until waste flushed. No soap, no paper towels and hand blowers did not work. Cable was out for awhile and WiFi was spotty. And don’t get your The view from the Campground is beautiful. But that does not make up for the attitude of the people running the Campground. We camped at Lancaster / New Holland KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $57.00

This was an absolutely beautiful campground with gorgeous views of the Amish country side. Our site was a shaded very good sized back in. Only talked to the owner when checking in and she was very friendly. The location of the campground was perfect. We were close to Bird in Hand and Intercourse. When we go back we will stay here again. We camped at Lancaster / New Holland KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $45.00

When we arrived we were surprised to see a large barrier gate at the entrance. After being admitted, we received a key card to use when we come and go and were told that we'd be charged $20 if it wasn't returned. Bear in mind that this is a rural area and all the neighbors are Amish farmers so we felt the security was kind of silly. We were also lectured about the correct direction to drive to the exit and where to take our trash (the previous two KOAs we'd stayed at picked up trash several times a day.) but the most annoying part of checkin was finding that our site had no power. We reported it to the office and the owner said she would let her husband know. It was 95 degrees when we arrived and really needed to get the AC going no switch our fridge off battery, so after 20 minutes we returned to the office hoping to at least get out of the heat. The owner told us that no, we couldn't wait there because she had to make a phone call and we should just go sit in our car. After few more minutes the power came on and someone explained that he didn't know the breaker controlled the power at our site. The rest of our time there was uneventful but we would certainly not camp there again. We camped at Lancaster / New Holland KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Nothing to do here except look at the farms in the valley. Highly recommend a visit to Lapp Valley Farm for ice cream.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $51.00

This place is OK if you are travelling with adults only and really only want a spot to park your camper for the night. First, the site fee only covers the first two persons and anyone else is an additional $6 per day. There isn't an "resort" fee per se because there isn't anything there that might justify the fee. The pet area is a 15'x30' or so fenced in area only suitable if your dog needs to be off the leash to be able to "poop". Plus you can't even let the kids walk the dog because one of their MANY rules is you have to be at least 16 to have the dog outside of your site. There are only 2 showers for the entire campground but they weren't that busy while we were there. The showers are large with plastic grates over the obviously stained tile and have a push button auto-off system (about 1 minute per push) there are no temperature controls. The site we had for our trailer was toward the back in the wooded section, it was a tight back in not because of the width of the site; which was rather spacious, but maneuvering the tow vehicle around the large rocks and concrete pipes sticking out the ground made it a bit difficult. It also could have been a bit more level, I had to run out the tongue jack all the way out even with an extra 4x4 wood block underneath. You are not allowed to use ez-ups, screened rooms, or hang anything from the trees. Laundry facilities were adequate, 3 washers 3 dryers. $2 per machine cycle. Bring your own quarters since there isn't a change machine on site and the Office is rarely open. I have seen many complaints about the owners, I can't say anything about them because after check-in I didn't have any further contact with them. The Office doesn't open before 2 PM. DO NOT ARRIVE BEFORE 2 PM, you will not be allowed in. We camped at Lancaster / New Holland KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Featured Campgrounds Near Lancaster / New Holland KOA

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $45.00

Frindly, helpful staff, owner walked us to our site and then helped back in overlooked the valley. We camped at Lancaster / New Holland KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Close to Amish community

CamperSupport, employee at Lancaster / New Holland KOA responded to this review

Thank you for staying with us! We're glad you enjoyed our grounds and that our staff was friendly and helpful for you. We hope to see you again sometime!

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $75.00

This is a very simple campground. No store, game room, pool, etc. They have a very small playground and a small dog park. And the rules here are very restrictive and strict. But the result is complete quiet and peacefulness. We had an executive site overlooking the valley, and it was a wonderful view. The staff were friendly enough, and Bob was especially helpful and outgoing. The place was spotlessly clean and very nicely laid out. The wifi was adequate, so they must have improved it based on prior reviews. Using it right now to write this review. So basically if you follow the rules, you are rewarded with a nice peaceful stay. We traveled with our 14 year old son, and he loved it too. There are a ton of things to do within a half hour of the campground as well. The Strasbourg Railroad was particularly cool, as well as the Rairoad Museum across the street. We will be back here. We camped at Lancaster / New Holland KOA in a Travel Trailer.

X2

CamperSupport, employee at Lancaster / New Holland KOA responded to this review

Thank you so much for your kind review, Brad! We are so happy to hear you and your family had a wonderful stay, and enjoyed your campsite, the grounds, and that the wifi worked well for you. We are also glad you were able to enjoy some of our attractions in Lancaster! We look forward to having you back sometime soon!

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $56.00

We stayed there our FIRST, and LAST time...When I called to make a reservation they just became KOA campground. They were very short/half-rude to me on the phone - I explained there are several of us coming together and wanted sites together - which they quickly told us they could not guarantee we would be together. They have the oddest rules i have ever seen, and they watch you like a hawk; WIFI did not work, Cable did not work, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE - they are rude and do not deserve to be a KOA! We camped at Lancaster / New Holland KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Fire Ring

I actually called KOA Corporate and filed a complaint with them as one of their franchisee' false advertising an early check-in policy whiech they do not honor. You can tell they are doing "just enough" to get by as a KOA. They should be ashamed to have the KOA name attached to their campground (which used to be called Country Haven).

Date of Stay: October, 2012 - $55.00

The pro's: beautiful location and very well maintained.The con's: campsites are very tight; location is far from most Lancaster attractions; price is a little high for no amenities, not even a store. Yes, the owners are a bit "different"! Just too many other choices in the area to pick from. We won't be returning. We camped at Lancaster / New Holland KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $43.00

This was our first and last time at this campground. What I saw of it was great, but the person who runs it has the worst personality I have ever dealt with in my whole entire life! Don't plan on going there if you have a dog that might bark. We were given enough time to set up, have a small lunch, and then were given 1/2 hour to pack up and leave- 1/2 hour- why? Because my dog barked a few times when she walked by to check up on us. If there is a zero tolerance for barking then that should be posted on their site. That would have saved us time and money and we never would have gone there. Also she was very rude when we arrived, telling us she didn't have all day and I had to give my cell number in case we left campground and she had to call us to come back because of the dog. The next 2 campgrounds within a 10 mile radius we went to knew exactly who we were talking about, so her reputation definitely preceded her. The one we chose to stay at, guess what? My dog was great there and we had no problems. Next time maybe I should listen to my dog, she was probably the best judge of character. We camped at Lancaster / New Holland KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $42.00

I've passed this campground many times while in Lancaster county. The wife and I decided to check it out while doing some recon on other campsites in the area. We have no dogs and the kid is grown. We checked the place out and we're not surprised there isn't much to do for kids. Its basically in the middle of nowhere, it overlooks the Amish valley, it's quiet and clean: perfect! Sure, the lady in the office is intense about the rules and dogs, but I tried not to give her any reason to be the nut a lot of people claim she is. (I'm not implying anyone did.) I mind my business and responsibilities and you mind yours, period! I'm here to relax with a few cocktails by the campfire. She did come by once for no apparent reason except some story about needing to cut through our site to get to another. It took her more time and distance to cut through than if she continued her original route. I knew her story was BS (trust me she has a lot of BS), she was just being nosey. If you have kids, forget this place. If you have a dog, get his bark removed first. As for the shower or bathroom, they are clean but isn't that what your camper is for? I'll stay here again. When I camp, the disposition of the owners is the last thing on my mind. It sure beats being stuck next to some loud family, but that's another story. We camped at Lancaster / New Holland KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $42.00

The views here are great and it is very conveniently located. Sites are fairly large and well spaced. But there are a lot of rules. You can bring your dog, but there is no place for them to get off the leash, even though there is plenty of room for a fenced area. They do not tolerate any barking, which was fine by me. The woman in the office was downright unpleasant. She should not be running a campground or doing anything dealing with people. I'm not sure I would stay here again. We camped at Lancaster / New Holland KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $47.00

The campground is clean and well kept with beautiful views of the Amish farmland below. With the exception of one of the owners, what a condescending and rude individual for a campground owner. They say pets are welcome, but they in no way make you or your pet feel comfortable. They have more dog rules than you can shake a stick at. Your pooch makes ANY sound whatsoever and the Bark Police are calling your cell phone and banging on your door. Totally uncalled for. I enjoyed my stay but will not return. We were told we had to make other arrangments for our pet in order to be welcome. I thought something was up when we went to such a nice place on a busy weekend and the place was half empty. By the way our pet is a 6 pound Maltese, not a big or noisy dog. These folks have something to learn about customer service. But since this is America I'll exercise my rights and take my business to the campground down the street . We camped at Lancaster / New Holland KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2007 - $37.00

This used to be one of our favorite campgrounds. Unfortunately, it changed hands a few years ago and the new owners are jerks. You can read other posters remarks about the owners. I take issue with them not disclosing their power problems until after I paid in full. I couldn’t use my AC because the voltage was so low and they were constantly experiencing brown outs. When I inquired about the problem she got real defensive and said PPL only supplies them with 108 volts. Well it would have been nice of her to tell me that before I paid in full. I would have turned around a left since an AC requires 120 volts. Of course they don’t care because they can’t be held accountable because of the following statement that appears on your receipt: “The camper accepts camping privileges with the understanding that they carry their own liability and comprehensive insurance to protect against theft, pilferage, fire, windstorm, water damage, hail and vandalism. Camper does hereby release the Campground, its officers and employees of all liability for loss or damage caused by the Campground’s negligence or the negligence of its employees or officers, to property and injury to his person arising out of his use of its camping facilities, and agrees to indemnify the Campground, it’s officers and employees, against claims resulting from loss or damage to property or injury to the person or any member of the family or guest of the registered camper arising out of the use of it’s camping facilities.” “No refund for inclement weather or early departure.” I paid for nine days but departed after just one day. It was 98 degrees, no shade and I couldn’t run my AC. They can shove the money. I’m not going to let a couple of annoying idiots ruin my vacation. We ended up at another campground where we could run our AC, refrigerator and hot water on electric. Plus we didn’t have to put up with the owners harassing us the whole time. Sorry, but the view just isn’t worth it. We camped at Lancaster / New Holland KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2006 - $40.00

Read reviews on this site before selecting campground. One (broken awning) was troublesome, but balance of reviews were positive and thought maybe this was just a one crank. Not so. Owner or co-owner is a real piece of work. The campground advertises a playground. When we arrived our daughter saw two swings. She was very disappointed. We had asked if children were welcome. owner stated "she had no problem with children." Does this mean welcome? When we asked about the "playground," owner stated "I told you there is nothing here for children!" We had told campground we'd probably stay about two weeks. But, we also hesitated to pay in full for two weeks with no refund policy. Please note the campground was NOT even close to full--even on weekend. Owner insisted we must commit or leave. We committed for about 3 days. Then we left. Episode was strange because at times in same conversation she'd be nice then nasty. Odd. This seemed strange business practice since her insistence on control actually caused us to leave. The strangest of all was we were required to sign a waiver of liability INCLUDING negligence by the campground! We found this humorous since these waivers are worthless, but it surely reflects the attitude/control of these owners. After we moved to another campground, those owners told us they'd heard about New Haven and the poor attitude of new owners. Pros: Campground is shady. Sites are spaced okay. Some sites have a nice view, though no shade. Cons: Must sign waiver of liability including negligence at sign-in. Very remote location. Attractions are very spread out in the Lancaster area and this campground adds a 30 commute to most anything. Owner's rather strange/controlling nature. Her husband seems to be extra friendly. Showers are timed--have to keep pushing them on. Lack of playground, despite advertising a playground. Would never stay here again. We camped at Lancaster / New Holland KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2005 - $39.00

We really enjoy this campground because of the view and how quiet it is. The facilities and grounds are immaculate. If you want to catch a glimpse of the Amish countryside, sites, and sounds then this is your place. If you are looking for activities for your children, they will probably be disappointed. We strongly recommend this campground. We camped at Lancaster / New Holland KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Lancaster / New Holland KOA

Are you affiliated with Lancaster / New Holland KOA ?