Lancaster / New Holland KOA

354 Springville Road
New Holland, Pennsylvania 17557

Longitude: -76.02002

• Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no

Ask fellow campers about "Lancaster / New Holland KOA " and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $150.00

There was a problem checking in the first RV, since the woman working the desk didn't know how to handle a monthly transaction. 10 people waited in line as she was on the phone 20 minutes resolving it. She should have let the monthly customer get set up, taken care of the weekend customers, and then fixed the problem. She was rude to each and every customer in line. Someone had booked 2 sites on 1 reservation and was scolded for that. Their many, many, many rules were communicated to each person in a patronizing and aggressive manner. Even when the words themselves were not offensive, the rude delivery made them so. My husband was waiting in the car and told us that every single person coming out of the office was complaining about her, but from reading other negative reviews, it seems to be par for the course for this woman. The cabin was new and pretty nice, but not worth the $150 charged for it. The sheets were threadbare and the elastic did not hold the fitted sheet on the bed. Worse yet, there was a heavy plastic cover under the sheet, so we ended up sleeping directly on it. In addition, there were also noisy, cheap, plastic covers on the pillowcases under the pillowcases, which rustled at night. There are much better ways of protecting the mattress and pillows, which require only a modest investment. We were given only 1 wash cloth, 1 hand towel and 2 bath towels for the two of us and the rules posted on the wall in BOLD letters said that you had to pay $6 if you wanted another towel/wash cloth. Further, we had to take the trash up to the dumpster or be charged $15. The campground is clean and quiet, but amenities are minimal: no pool, game room, or camp store, very small playground and dog park. Most annoying, the office is only open from 2-5 pm, conveniently after check-out time, so that there is no chance to voice concerns at check-out. I guess their attitude is take it or leave it. We camped at Lancaster / New Holland KOA in a Cabin.

Cabin 26

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $85.00

First, the good about the place. It is clean. It is quite (if your not by the road) The view is very nice (if you have the front sites) Easy in and out with 42' FW. That's it! The water pressure was so bad, We had to fill our tank and use the pump. With in 2 minutes of putting out our awing's, a bang at the door (not knock) an a woman telling us that if we leave our site for any reason we must roll up our awing's because it gets windy. (after 30 years...we know when to roll up our awing's) Fact is our awing reached too the site next to us, very narrow sites in area we were in. (not all sites are like that...just a few and we were one of them) Our site includes a fire ring, it wasn't there, but if we wanted one we need to ask for it. Even though we paid for it. They started doing construction on the site next to us, diesel exhaust filled are FW, we asked them if they could stop, we were told that they thought we where leaving (this was 2 hours after check out time) Bottom line...from the time they open the gate for you, You are a GUEST....They let you know that. It's their rules..they let you know that. We have never been to a KOA this bad. And don't know why KOA even allows this. WE are very sure that we are not the only people that when thou this (owners more so) just read other reviews. The only way we will go back is....it must say under new management. We camped at Lancaster / New Holland KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

A thru H area

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $48.00

This is the lowest rating I have ever given. The reason is that I feel like I got scammed. I reserved a nice site that included cable TV service. After hooking up, all the channels were of very poor quality. I tried all the usual tricks but nothing improved. I went up to the desk to ask for some help and was asked a bunch of questions like I didn't know anything. They did respond well and sent the maintenance guy to check the cable reception out. He shows up with an OLD TV that he hooked right into the cable outlet. The picture was perfect, then he casually mentions that the cable is not digital but ANALOG! Well there you go, who has analog anymore, seriously? It seemed like the whole thing was choreographed as it happens all the time. Other than that the place was clean, but won't stay here again. We camped at Lancaster / New Holland KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $43.00

This was our first and last time at this campground. What I saw of it was great, but the person who runs it has the worst personality I have ever dealt with in my whole entire life! Don't plan on going there if you have a dog that might bark. We were given enough time to set up, have a small lunch, and then were given 1/2 hour to pack up and leave- 1/2 hour- why? Because my dog barked a few times when she walked by to check up on us. If there is a zero tolerance for barking then that should be posted on their site. That would have saved us time and money and we never would have gone there. Also she was very rude when we arrived, telling us she didn't have all day and I had to give my cell number in case we left campground and she had to call us to come back because of the dog. The next 2 campgrounds within a 10 mile radius we went to knew exactly who we were talking about, so her reputation definitely preceded her. The one we chose to stay at, guess what? My dog was great there and we had no problems. Next time maybe I should listen to my dog, she was probably the best judge of character. We camped at Lancaster / New Holland KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Lancaster / New Holland KOA

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $45.00

The most unfriendly camps we have ever been in. We would not return if they gave it to us for free. We camped at Lancaster / New Holland KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2007 - $43.00

We stayed at this campsite in 2003 and were delighted with the condition of the campsite, the magnificent country views and the warmth and friendliness of the owners. Consequently we were dismayed and a little skeptical about the recent negative ratings and remarks about the new owners. We felt sure it must have been some sort of clash of personalities. Wow, were we wrong! We recently called in while we were in the area just to get a copy of their latest brochure and were greeted with an aggressive rudeness that was unbelievable, totally out of line and which got worse the more we tried to mediate. We assume that this person was the woman referred to in the previous comments and we can confirm that she clearly has some sort of major problem. Needless to say this campsite is off our list until we hear there are new new owners. We camped at Lancaster / New Holland KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2007 - $37.00

This used to be one of our favorite campgrounds. Unfortunately, it changed hands a few years ago and the new owners are jerks. You can read other posters remarks about the owners. I take issue with them not disclosing their power problems until after I paid in full. I couldn’t use my AC because the voltage was so low and they were constantly experiencing brown outs. When I inquired about the problem she got real defensive and said PPL only supplies them with 108 volts. Well it would have been nice of her to tell me that before I paid in full. I would have turned around a left since an AC requires 120 volts. Of course they don’t care because they can’t be held accountable because of the following statement that appears on your receipt: “The camper accepts camping privileges with the understanding that they carry their own liability and comprehensive insurance to protect against theft, pilferage, fire, windstorm, water damage, hail and vandalism. Camper does hereby release the Campground, its officers and employees of all liability for loss or damage caused by the Campground’s negligence or the negligence of its employees or officers, to property and injury to his person arising out of his use of its camping facilities, and agrees to indemnify the Campground, it’s officers and employees, against claims resulting from loss or damage to property or injury to the person or any member of the family or guest of the registered camper arising out of the use of it’s camping facilities.” “No refund for inclement weather or early departure.” I paid for nine days but departed after just one day. It was 98 degrees, no shade and I couldn’t run my AC. They can shove the money. I’m not going to let a couple of annoying idiots ruin my vacation. We ended up at another campground where we could run our AC, refrigerator and hot water on electric. Plus we didn’t have to put up with the owners harassing us the whole time. Sorry, but the view just isn’t worth it. We camped at Lancaster / New Holland KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2006 - $39.00

In the past we would go to this park periodically because it was a very nice, clean, and quiet park. To our dismay, this had changed on our last trip. The previous owners were very kind and gracious, but this was not the case with the new owners. It wasn't as clean as before, they were not nice, and they had increased the rates to what you would have expected if it were a resort and had resort amenities, and it is anything but a resort. We will not go back. We will go to Spring Gulch which is about 2 mile away in the future. We camped at Lancaster / New Holland KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Lancaster / New Holland KOA

Are you affiliated with Lancaster / New Holland KOA ?