New Stanton, Pennsylvania

390 Wilson Fox Rd
New Stanton, Pennsylvania 15672

• Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities no
  • Overflow Parking Overflow Parking no
  • ATT, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT,Verizon,Sprint,T-Mobile,U.S. Cellular
  • Meeting Rooms Meeting Rooms no
  • Lake Lake yes
  • Pond Pond yes
  • Creek Creek yes

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $34.00

This is our go to stop over spot when heading west, great pull thru sites with full hookups and long enough to stay connected, when stopping to register it is best to stay behind the gravel road to the left that leads down to the sites you will likely be assigned to avoid having to loop around another section of the campground. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $40.00

Fox Den was a great experience. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They gave me everything I needed at check-in. They told us upfront that the bathrooms are "rustic" because the grounds have been in operation for 50 years!, but the restrooms were clean our whole stay. The kids really enjoyed the pool, and our site was roomy with a second picnic table and fire ring available making it a very big space. Our site gravel was pretty level, but the next one over needed to be smoothed and leveled. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

A104

Spacious, Nearby

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $34.00

I used Fox Den as a base from which to visit family in Pittsburgh, so I wasn't really using the campsite amenities. Overall I found Fox Den to be great for my purpose. Very easy to access from the PA Turnpike. While the access roads to the sites are somewhat hilly in places, my site was level and the other's looked to be also. I was up in a nice shady area. There are a number of pull through sites, but they were booked up when I arrived. They are easy to access, but limited tree cover, so more exposed to sun. I did not use the bathrooms, but my male companion did and rated them as so, so. They do require $0.25, which isn't much, but is a pain if you forget a quarter and have to walk back and forth. The electric, water and sewer hookups were all fairly accessible and in good working condition. Campground did have good wifi signal and cable, both of which I used. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $34.00

Nice park, clean and long sites. Used as overnight stop. Easy access if you pay attention to signs. We did not use cable, but had excellent satellite coverage. Also had decent Verizon coverage (2 bars). Roads were wide and campsite access was easyto get into and out of. I would stop here again and would use this as a base camp to explore the area. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $34.00

Our site was in the lower, more open pull-through section with full hooksups and open sky for dish. Everything worked well and the gravel drained quickly after a strong rainstorm. There are lakes, a pool, and other amenities that we didn't have time to use. The staff was very friendly and efficient. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Fifth Wheel.

Fallingwater, the iconic Frank Lloyd Wright home designed to cantilever over a creek, is about an hour southeast and should not be missed. The tour was excellent and the grounds are lovely. Lunch at Primati Bros in Pittsburgh is a must- a large grilled sandwich with meat, cheese, coleslaw and fries between two big slices of bread and washed down with an Iron City brew or two--authentic Pittsburgh!

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $41.00

We had a pull-through in the lower section (nearest the street) that was mostly level front-to-back and side-to-side. It was more than long enough for our 40 ft motor home and toad. There were no trees tall enough to block our satellite dish. Poor Verizon signal (1 bar, 3G) and campground wifi, although not really all that fast, was usually better than what I could get off my Verizon hotspot. Campground was clean and well-maintained. Office staff were friendly and helpful. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

Several freeways (I-70, I-76, PA-66, PA-119) all converge nearby. Add to that the fact that there is a lot of roadwork being done locally and it's easy to get turned around and head in the wrong direction. There's a supermarket in Youngwood, about 5 minutes away over back roads.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $34.00

The first time I stayed here I parked in the upper level. This time I requested the lower level "down in the valley" with pull through sites and no trees. The first time was shortly after the winter and it was a bit of a mess waiting to be spruced up for the season. This time was the end of the summer season and I was amazed at how nice it was. The place is nicely landscaped, immaculate and groomed yet I never saw anyone working on the place--therefore no, noisy lawn mowers or leaf blowers. And no overflowing dumpsters that I have seen in some places as the season wound down. The views of the surrounding hills are lovely. And they have the best wifi I have encountered anywhere. Even with the park heavily occupied, the wifi was fast. Worked better than my Verizon "mifi" ever has--though the latter did work there as well. Utilities were easy to access and the spot was level enough. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

An easy 35 minute drive into Pittsburgh but be prepared to pay tolls. Two in (or was it three, I forget) and of course, the same number back. Close by in New Stanton is banking, restaurants and shopping. Did not find any easy access places for fuel.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $28.00

WE really liked this campground. This is a very friendly, family-oriented campground that was a great place to stay for a week. It's a combination of a transient area with HUGE, long gravel pull-through sites on a large flat, open field with a community of semi-permanent trailers spread over the adjoining hillside. But while the trailers may be semi-permanent, the residents are not. They are not allowed to live in them full-time. The trailers are mostly used as weekend retreats by their owners, and the campground community is definitely that, a community of friendly people who escape here for short periods. Not fancy, but nice and homey.
The staff here is very friendly and helpful. We were here for Customer Appreciation day, with everyone gathering outside the camp store for free hot dogs, cupcakes, and conversation.
If you're not a hunting fan, steer clear of the camp store, which is decorated with decades worth of trophies collected from around the world by the late former owner. But we found it fascinating.
We'd definitely stay here again. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $34.00

We stopped overnight on our way to Virginia. Easy access from freeway and very large pull thru spaces.

Quiet except for volunteer fire department siren that went off on the middle of the night.

Easy, casual reservation and liked not having to give my credit card info for a one night stay.

We will definitely add this location to our stopover whenever in the area. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $34.00

Our site was a back in in the lower open area on a hot day... but that is not all that is available as there are nicely shaded areas in the other parts of the campground. Most importantly for an overnighter...the power and water were good, the site was level, the roads were fine and the cable and internet were excellent. There is a wading pool and a regular one and playgounds and a ball field and kids were playing in the small lagoons and creeks. Altogether a pleasant place with welcoming folks and probably 60% seasonals. My one criticism is the bathroom. First...there is only one for a park this size... and it is an uphill hike from the transient section...probably a 1/4 mile round trip. The floors are poured cement with lots of wet spots. There are 3 stalls total and they have curtains not doors. They left a lot to be desired and they need a bathhouse in the open section.
That said...we'd come again and felt we got good value for our stay. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

section 100

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $34.00

Very nice campground. Great value for the amount of amenities you get. My site had full hook up including cable. The pool was decent, the store seemed a little under stocked, but they might not have restocked it yet. All in all we had a really great stay. I will come back again if coming through the area. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $34.00

This is our go to, stop over spot in the area. A short drive from the highway and set so there is no noise from the highway. Nice long pull thru, but had to unhook to level front to rear. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Fifth Wheel.

Short drive to the Pittsburgh area.

jc2

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $34.00

Nice check in lady at the counter. Explained all the available amenities that the cg offered. Very nice area for an overnighter or more. And the Wi-Fi actually worked very well. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $34.00

We stopped for one night on our way home. Nice level, gravel site. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $34.00

No restrooms/showers in the area we were set up. Staff was quite friendly and provided accurate answers to any asked questions. Pretty pricy for what a one nighter gets.Unable to use the amenities as they are in a different area and not easily accessible. Packed in pretty tight. I'd stay here again if the need arose. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Fox Den Acres ?