Fox Den Acres

390 Wilson Fox Rd
New Stanton, Pennsylvania 15672

• Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities no
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Fox Den Acres" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $35.00

Very steep hill to enter the park. With our 45 footer we stopped just prior to the office in order to turn to the lower field. They were still a bit mushy due to recent storms. Gravel roads need smoothing. Easy level and utilities worked well. Lots of maneuvering room with easy exit. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $35.00

Nice long pull thru spots with full hook ups, looks like the area could flood and grounds were very wet while we were there. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $35.00

This is a nice quiet campground. People were very friendly and my daughter says the facilities were clean. They have pay showers but only $.25 for 10+ minutes. There was a nice pool and the park is very convenient to Pittsburgh. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $35.00

Large big rig friendly campground (numerous large pull through gravel sites) with easy access from PennsylvaniaTurnpike. Mix of permanent residents and transients. We stayed one night. Bathrooms were clean. On-site cable TV was clear and crisp. Internet was good. Satellite was accessible. There appeared to be activities planned. There is a lake, pool and playground that we did not visit since we headed out early. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Fox Den Acres

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $35.00

Large park, seemed like a park that is good for families. Had a baseball field. We just stayed over night so we didn't get to check it out very well. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $35.00

We have stayed at Fox Den several times when heading west through Pennsylvania. Staff very friendly. Office "unique" and a must-see. This sis a perfect place for an overnight stay; with close proximity to I-76 and I-76. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $34.00

I used Fox Den as a base from which to visit family in Pittsburgh, so I wasn't really using the campsite amenities. Overall I found Fox Den to be great for my purpose. Very easy to access from the PA Turnpike. While the access roads to the sites are somewhat hilly in places, my site was level and the other's looked to be also. I was up in a nice shady area. There are a number of pull through sites, but they were booked up when I arrived. They are easy to access, but limited tree cover, so more exposed to sun. I did not use the bathrooms, but my male companion did and rated them as so, so. They do require $0.25, which isn't much, but is a pain if you forget a quarter and have to walk back and forth. The electric, water and sewer hookups were all fairly accessible and in good working condition. Campground did have good wifi signal and cable, both of which I used. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $40.00

Fox Den was a great experience. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They gave me everything I needed at check-in. They told us upfront that the bathrooms are "rustic" because the grounds have been in operation for 50 years!, but the restrooms were clean our whole stay. The kids really enjoyed the pool, and our site was roomy with a second picnic table and fire ring available making it a very big space. Our site gravel was pretty level, but the next one over needed to be smoothed and leveled. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

A104

Spacious, Nearby

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $34.00

This is our go to stop over spot when heading west, great pull thru sites with full hookups and long enough to stay connected, when stopping to register it is best to stay behind the gravel road to the left that leads down to the sites you will likely be assigned to avoid having to loop around another section of the campground. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $34.00

Nice park, clean and long sites. Used as overnight stop. Easy access if you pay attention to signs. We did not use cable, but had excellent satellite coverage. Also had decent Verizon coverage (2 bars). Roads were wide and campsite access was easyto get into and out of. I would stop here again and would use this as a base camp to explore the area. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $41.00

We had a pull-through in the lower section (nearest the street) that was mostly level front-to-back and side-to-side. It was more than long enough for our 40 ft motor home and toad. There were no trees tall enough to block our satellite dish. Poor Verizon signal (1 bar, 3G) and campground wifi, although not really all that fast, was usually better than what I could get off my Verizon hotspot. Campground was clean and well-maintained. Office staff were friendly and helpful. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

Several freeways (I-70, I-76, PA-66, PA-119) all converge nearby. Add to that the fact that there is a lot of roadwork being done locally and it's easy to get turned around and head in the wrong direction. There's a supermarket in Youngwood, about 5 minutes away over back roads.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $34.00

Our site was in the lower, more open pull-through section with full hooksups and open sky for dish. Everything worked well and the gravel drained quickly after a strong rainstorm. There are lakes, a pool, and other amenities that we didn't have time to use. The staff was very friendly and efficient. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Fifth Wheel.

Fallingwater, the iconic Frank Lloyd Wright home designed to cantilever over a creek, is about an hour southeast and should not be missed. The tour was excellent and the grounds are lovely. Lunch at Primati Bros in Pittsburgh is a must- a large grilled sandwich with meat, cheese, coleslaw and fries between two big slices of bread and washed down with an Iron City brew or two--authentic Pittsburgh!

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $34.00

The first time I stayed here I parked in the upper level. This time I requested the lower level "down in the valley" with pull through sites and no trees. The first time was shortly after the winter and it was a bit of a mess waiting to be spruced up for the season. This time was the end of the summer season and I was amazed at how nice it was. The place is nicely landscaped, immaculate and groomed yet I never saw anyone working on the place--therefore no, noisy lawn mowers or leaf blowers. And no overflowing dumpsters that I have seen in some places as the season wound down. The views of the surrounding hills are lovely. And they have the best wifi I have encountered anywhere. Even with the park heavily occupied, the wifi was fast. Worked better than my Verizon "mifi" ever has--though the latter did work there as well. Utilities were easy to access and the spot was level enough. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Motorhome.

An easy 35 minute drive into Pittsburgh but be prepared to pay tolls. Two in (or was it three, I forget) and of course, the same number back. Close by in New Stanton is banking, restaurants and shopping. Did not find any easy access places for fuel.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $34.00

We stopped overnight on our way to Virginia. Easy access from freeway and very large pull thru spaces.

Quiet except for volunteer fire department siren that went off on the middle of the night.

Easy, casual reservation and liked not having to give my credit card info for a one night stay.

We will definitely add this location to our stopover whenever in the area. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $28.00

WE really liked this campground. This is a very friendly, family-oriented campground that was a great place to stay for a week. It's a combination of a transient area with HUGE, long gravel pull-through sites on a large flat, open field with a community of semi-permanent trailers spread over the adjoining hillside. But while the trailers may be semi-permanent, the residents are not. They are not allowed to live in them full-time. The trailers are mostly used as weekend retreats by their owners, and the campground community is definitely that, a community of friendly people who escape here for short periods. Not fancy, but nice and homey.
The staff here is very friendly and helpful. We were here for Customer Appreciation day, with everyone gathering outside the camp store for free hot dogs, cupcakes, and conversation.
If you're not a hunting fan, steer clear of the camp store, which is decorated with decades worth of trophies collected from around the world by the late former owner. But we found it fascinating.
We'd definitely stay here again. We camped at Fox Den Acres in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Fox Den Acres

Are you affiliated with Fox Den Acres ?