1 Park near Northumberland, Pennsylvania
Aug 2015 - $50.00
Overall we were satisfied with our week stay at Splash Magic. While we won't be running back, we would say the stay was adequate. There were a couple things to take note of.
- This campground is VERY busy. Most of the sites are VERY tight. We actually got lucky and had some of the largest sites there.
- The wrist band/activity fees are extremely steep, especially for the weekend. We had a special package, and if we hadn't we would not have stayed.
- The pool and slides were nice. But the adults here were pretty rowdy and we did not appreciate the smoking that was not only allowed but encouraged with ash trays around the family swimming area.
- Renting a golf cart was a must. The campground is huge and our site was a very long walk from the pool and even farther from the river. We could have driven but the amount of bikes on the road made it next to impossible to get around. The bike rentals are great, but there are bikes everywhere!
- Our sites backed up to the railroad and a factory. We were in a 5th wheel so the noise was not a problem for us. But could be if you are tent camping or in a pop up. The factory works 3rd shift and is noisy at night.
- Speaking of noisy, this campground is a late night campground. LOTS of people up really late. Again, not a problem for us but I could see it could be for others.
- Finally, they are adding a ton of additional campsites. This is going to make the traffic and number of bikes even worse.
I would say it was good for a weekend, but I am afraid that it was so busy that I wouldn't want to be there over the weekend. Things were clean though. - Katie219
Jun 2012 - $55.00
This is the second time we have stayed at this campground. Last year we were at a pond site, this year we had a river site. The river site was much nicer with more shade and a beautiful waterfront view. The site was a little narrow but fairly leveled. The bathrooms were clean. I like that they had one family shower stall in the bath house that we used. The water can also sometimes have a slight smell. My daughters enjoyed the pools and water slides as well as the activities. While you can purchase an activity package, we just purchased the water slide wristbands that were just $2.00 per person for your entire stay. This past weekend was Father's Day weekend and they had a free breakfast for the dads that was delicious. The road in is very narrow and the road by the river sites were partially gravel which made it hard for my girls to use their scooters. However, the road by the pond is paved. They had a DJ on Saturday night as well as Bingo. The workers were friendly. We would stay here again. - coacbcps
Aug 2011 - $55.00
This is located on the Susquehanna River, which is nice. Extremely small sign at entrance-if you blink, you'll miss it. This CG is located right next to a factory, which runs 24 hours. There is also a train operated by the factory as well. Very noisy. There is a beautiful pond for fishing, bumper boats and paddle boats. There are activities daily, even during the week. You can get an activity card for the kids, which is the best deal, to rent all the bikes and boats. Seasonal do not always follow the rules and decide to walk through your site. We were in the YD section by the pond-not much shade, but nice besides the irritating factory noise. River sites are probably your best bet for noise and location. Staff was friendly and helpful. I don't think we'll return here as there was very little shade. Internet service was very poor for a cost of $2.00 a day. If I need to pay, I should have service. Located about 1/2 hour from Knoebels great place. - autismmom