1 Park near Northumberland, Pennsylvania
Aug 2015 - $45.00
This would be a 10 rating if the owners were not so greedy. Great place, so much to do onsite, well kept BUT they charge you extra for everything except the pool, water slides, bumper boats, paddle boats, peddle carts all extra, and a lot extra and if you have kids under 12 don't forgot a helmet, o yes, they charge you for helmets. Most of the activities close early as well, somewhere around 5-6pm. I remember years ago this cg didn't milk you for everything. Funny how money changes a person/owner. It will cost you just as much if not more than your campsite fee if you want to enjoy all they offer. - Hitch itch
Aug 2015 - $50.00
Overall we were satisfied with our week stay at Splash Magic. While we won't be running back, we would say the stay was adequate. There were a couple things to take note of.
- This campground is VERY busy. Most of the sites are VERY tight. We actually got lucky and had some of the largest sites there.
- The wrist band/activity fees are extremely steep, especially for the weekend. We had a special package, and if we hadn't we would not have stayed.
- The pool and slides were nice. But the adults here were pretty rowdy and we did not appreciate the smoking that was not only allowed but encouraged with ash trays around the family swimming area.
- Renting a golf cart was a must. The campground is huge and our site was a very long walk from the pool and even farther from the river. We could have driven but the amount of bikes on the road made it next to impossible to get around. The bike rentals are great, but there are bikes everywhere!
- Our sites backed up to the railroad and a factory. We were in a 5th wheel so the noise was not a problem for us. But could be if you are tent camping or in a pop up. The factory works 3rd shift and is noisy at night.
- Speaking of noisy, this campground is a late night campground. LOTS of people up really late. Again, not a problem for us but I could see it could be for others.
- Finally, they are adding a ton of additional campsites. This is going to make the traffic and number of bikes even worse.
I would say it was good for a weekend, but I am afraid that it was so busy that I wouldn't want to be there over the weekend. Things were clean though. - Katie219
Jun 2012 - $55.00
This is the second time we have stayed at this campground. Last year we were at a pond site, this year we had a river site. The river site was much nicer with more shade and a beautiful waterfront view. The site was a little narrow but fairly leveled. The bathrooms were clean. I like that they had one family shower stall in the bath house that we used. The water can also sometimes have a slight smell. My daughters enjoyed the pools and water slides as well as the activities. While you can purchase an activity package, we just purchased the water slide wristbands that were just $2.00 per person for your entire stay. This past weekend was Father's Day weekend and they had a free breakfast for the dads that was delicious. The road in is very narrow and the road by the river sites were partially gravel which made it hard for my girls to use their scooters. However, the road by the pond is paved. They had a DJ on Saturday night as well as Bingo. The workers were friendly. We would stay here again. - coacbcps