Quakerwoods Campground

Quakertown, Pennsylvania
Phone: (215) 536-1984

Recent Rate: $60 9/2014

roxiecornell

This is a nice campground that has lots of fun things to do. The owners are super nice. We stayed here a little over a year and the only downside is a lot of the full time campers party and it's very loud up into the early morning hours. We camped at Quakerwoods Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

larriin

This is a lovely, wooded setting. The sites are a little close and very gritty. This campground seems like a great place for kids. For that reason the staff needs to do a better job of controlling traffic and speed. Surcharge for Wi-Fi is not acceptable at this price level. The location is convenient to shopping and restaurants. We camped at Quakerwoods Campground in a Motorhome.

Road Princess

We spent two nights here on our way through to New Jersey. We had expected to stay further west but there was a huge power outage, so we called this place and, though their office was closed, they were nice enough to give us a site number over the phone and asked us to check in and pay in the morning. The campground is old, filled with mature trees and many seasonal sites. The sites are not well defined even though they are numbered. The people we met were friendly. The cable worked perfectly and there was a good WiFi signal strength, though I did not pay the $5 use fee as there is an excellent 3G Verizon signal and I was able to use my smartphone. This is the kind of campground we used to visit with our children, where they played all day in the pool and everyone sits around the campfire at night. We camped at Quakerwoods Campground in a Motorhome.

Nittany Camping Family

I had to pay extra for my in-laws to come visit us for just a few hours. The firewood bundles you can purchase at the campground store are pine wood, so they burn really quickly. The TV service was very fuzzy. There is barely any grass in this campground. Our site (and all the others around it) was completely gravel and dirt. The campground is pet friendly, which was nice for our dog, but they don't adhere to the excessive barking rule. There are permanent sites throughout the campground, but many of them looked like an eyesore. One had a dumpster behind it, another had a toilet in the front yard? My husband braved the restrooms, but came back and said that they were disgusting. During our two night, three day stay - we never once saw anyone cleaning the restrooms (our site was right next to the restrooms). The other thing that was rather disappointing was the dumpster was located right at the entrance of the campground. My family and I booked this because it claimed to be a family campground, and the reviews looked outstanding. I was very disappointed, as we paid quite a lot to stay there, and then it turned out to be a place that we felt uncomfortable. I'm not sure if Quakerwoods Campground was recently sold to someone different, but it certainly does not look like the pictures posted on the website. The only good thing I can say about this campground is there was full hookup offered, and we fully took advantage of it. We camped at Quakerwoods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

thruwithcamping

This place just plan stinks. The electricity is strung through the trees! Water pressure is very low, if any during a busy weekend. In my opinion, this campground should be closed down. I believe it is unsafe. I have pictures to prove it. I stayed for the season. Never again. We camped at Quakerwoods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

GypsyRoseTDB

The park was just okay. Wiring and plumbing do not appear to have been professionally installed or maintained. The grounds could use some raking and litter removal. Laundry facilities are in serious need of repair and update. The dryer I used vented directly into the laundry room, which quickly turned the place into a steam room and did not dry my clothes fully. When I told management about this, they did not offer to let me use another machine for free, which I found to be poor customer service. Bathrooms were shabby but clean. We were here during the off season so it was pretty quiet except for Saturday night when music and party sounds could be heard well after midnight (they do not enforce quiet hours that I could tell). We camped at Quakerwoods Campground in a Motorhome.

lc7ladybug

We stayed here before in April and wrote a positive review. We got a seasonal slip and now as we approach the end of the season, we thought we would re-evaluate. We have registered for next year, as we love it here. There isn't anything bad to say except that it needs updating and they are in the process of doing so. After reading some of the negative reviews, I find their comments very nit picking. Site # 1 isn't an eye sore. The lady spends hours on her site. The trash bins can't be located anywhere else, unless you want it next to your campsite. As we stated before if you want the Ritz go to a camp resort. But if you are looking to camp for the weekend come here. We camped at Quakerwoods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Jaycofamily4

Our family had just purchased our camper and this was our first trip in it camping. The site where we were located was nice and the fellow campers were VERY nice. The bathrooms and showers were worst then anything I've ever seen. The same dirty trash from the first day was sill there but overflowing when we left. The pool was not taking care of very well and didn't feel inviting. Considering the fact that it was in the high 90's they could have spared a couple of chairs and tables for the campers. Again, the bath houses were GROSS! We camped at Quakerwoods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

tooltime7

We liked the sites we have had. They are big and shaded. There are sites for all kinds of campers. The cable TV is included in the price, which is nice. Wi-Fi is available for a fee. They have had some problems with the Wi-Fi, but have been working hard on it and it is improving. The staff is friendly and they don't smother you with their presence like other campgrounds we have been in. The staff is constantly working to improve the campground. The pool is clean and always occupied by people. The bath houses are old but clean. The pond is a nice extra from other campgrounds. The activities are good as they are geared not only for children, but some activities are for the adults as well. One thing they have that we haven't seen in other campgrounds is security people who live on the grounds. They are polite and friendly and ready to help whenever needed. We enjoyed our stay here so much that we became seasonal. If you don't like your stay here then you are looking for a camp resort not a campground. It is remote but just minutes away from shopping. We camped at Quakerwoods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

rkay20

The campground is in dense woods. The road winds between trees. It was very hard to navigate with our rig. We got a pull-thru with all the amenities. The electrical was pretty scary - the post was wobbly and full of cobwebs and bugs. This seems to be mostly seasonal sites - many in disrepair with all kinds of junk piled around them. The place whole place was uncomfortable to us. The manager offered WIFI for an extra $10 but ad says it was free. I discovered I had access with no password or anything without paying. Scam??? The laundry room was surprisingly clean and washers and dryers worked well. We met some nice folks, though. The camp ground office smelly and dirty. We won't return. We camped at Quakerwoods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Brenda J B

I read some of the reviews after we booked this campground and thought we were in for a nightmare and found just the opposite. The pool was not dirty nor were the bathrooms and showers, I didn't use them; I used my motorhome but had to check them out. They did need some serious upgrading, very old looking but clean. As for the sites, one camper commented that there was no grass. Its the woods! Our site was very large and not up against the next camper. Some sites could be tight getting in to for very large rigs because of all the trees but we had no problem with a 36 foot. All the trees provided an awesome canopy against the heat and removing more I think would ruin the woods camping. The road and our site was stoned. Saturday night they had a 50s sock hop and DJ at the pool. The pool was filled with balloons for the kids. Also had cheese steaks for purchase and everyone brought snacks. I would stay here again. We camped at Quakerwoods Campground in a Motorhome.

glsurratt

First impressions are lasting impressions, normally. As I approached the campground, I was impressed with the well-manicured lawn around a small pond and the freshly painted sign. And then I turned into the driveway and saw the two 40 foot long dumpsters piled to overflowing. The first campsite that comes into view had so much accumulated "treasure" that they would have to hire a 40 foot semi trailer if they ever had to move. This park was mostly long-term parking. I asked for a 50A site and was assigned a 30A site. The roads are mostly dirt and not well marked. At times I wondered if I was still on the road, or going through a pull-through space. Trees could be a challenge for a big rig, but I managed to avoid knocking anything down with my 38 foot fiver. Bathrooms needed attention in the worst way. Electric lines are attached to the trees rather than poles, but power was stable. Cable TV signal was less than perfect. I had good Verizon data and phone signals. We camped at Quakerwoods Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Lancaster Camper

A heavily wooded and flat campground conveniently located between Allentown and Bethlehem. Plenty of shade. About half the park occupied by permanent sites, but most were in good shape. Solid and free Wi-Fi signal throughout the property. Unguarded pool way too small - couldn't be bigger than 40X20 - with temps in the 90s, it was overwhelmed with people and not clean. My son found a dental floss pick and mud (I hope it was mud) at the bottom after only 10 minutes. That ended our pool excursion. $49/night too expensive for what we got. Not sure if we'll be back. We camped at Quakerwoods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

leomom

I have never disagreed so strongly with recent reviews of a park. Nines? Are you kidding me?? This place was awful! Ninety percent of the rigs in here are permanent and absolutely filthy. Looks like most people leave them here and come for the weekend. The electric and cable wires are nailed to and strung through the trees. It's like a giant, jury-rigged maze of wires up there. I've never seen anything so tacky. Yes, all the trees provide a lot of shade, but so much so that there is no grass anywhere, just dirt and gravel. And mud. We have a 35' fifth wheel and had a terrible time maneuvering around the trees to get to and into our spot. Many trees are right next to the road. Lots of roots above the ground which made leveling fun. Weekends are loud as several people blast their stereos outside all day long. This is a large campground but only 3 washers and 3 dryers, one dryer was broken. Washers were expensive at $1.75 per load, dryers are $1.25. I hated it and will never return. We camped at Quakerwoods Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Mom&Pop

We stayed here for weekend a couple of years ago, I rated it then and said we would not return. Well we did decide to try this campground one more time and glad we did. One main concern last time we camped here was the electric which has been upgraded and no longer an issue. This campground is well shaded with lots of trees. Some of the older seasonal sites that were so run down last time we were here have been removed. Most are well kept, but as always in most campgrounds, there are a few that need general clean up. The pool was nice. We did not use the laundry or bathroom facilities although I did walk through the ladies room adjacent to the office and it was clean with no obvious problems. They do not have trash pick up at your site so depending on where your site is located you may have to walk a distance to the dumpster. Overall our stay here was quite pleasant and we will stay here again. We camped at Quakerwoods Campground in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Quakerwoods Campground?