Shartlesville, Pennsylvania

Shartlesville, Pennsylvania

60 Motel Dr
Shartlesville, Pennsylvania 19554

Elevation: 593' (approximate)
  • Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $60.00

Well, we arrived Friday at 8 o'clock, unhooked and got a fire going. My 17 son took the golf cart out for a ride around the campground. So he came back in 10 mins and behind him came 3 golf carts all being staff including the owner. He didn't even say hi. All he said, as he got into my face, this golf cart you have may not be used in this campground. I did not say a word as he said again this golf cart may not leave the site. He said no gas-powered carts are allowed. As all three of there carts are gas powered. The way he handled it in front of my family was extremely rude. Anyways rules are rules. I just didn't know that was a rule, he could have been a lot nicer...Campground itself is very close together as sites are on top of each other... If you wanna fish in there fishless pond you have to pay 5 bucks a person. What a joke!!!! Sites are not level either. Would not recommend. We camped at Appalachian Campsites in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $68.00

We were very excited to visit this campground. There were pluses and minuses to the campground. First the positives: The roads were pretty easy to navigate, our site was easy to pull in to, there was a greeter at the main gate with our paperwork, made it very easy to check in, this I think was because it was 4th of July weekend. There was a live band one night and a DJ the next, the proximity of our sites to the stage made it easy for us to sit at our campsites and enjoy the music. My wife and I do not have small children but there were many activities to keep kids busy. The pool was nice but perhaps a little on the small side. The camp store was stocked with the basics. The ice cream store was also very nice. The campground was also nicely kept, very clean. Now for the negatives: While the pull sites were very long, they were also very narrow. Our door opened up to a common space that was shared by our neighbors. Now, in our case our neighbors were our very good friends who went along with us. The sites alternated in which direction you pulled in. So our door and our friends door opened up towards each other. Our campers were so close to one another that we could not put our awnings all the way out without bumping into each other. there were two fire rings and two picnic tables in the common space. For us wasn't a problem but if you didn't know your neighbors you'd have to pick the one you wanted to use. As far as the campsite itself, it was far from level. I've never been in a campsite so unlevel before. Out friends camper was so high in the front that their bottom step was about three feet off the ground. Fortunately, they had a foldable step that they could use to get in their trailer. The last thing I would like to point out is that the claimed "Well stocked" pond was a disappointment. Over three days of fishing I only caught one Bass, it was the only fish I saw that was caught over those three days. We camped at Appalachian Campsites in a Travel Trailer.

If travelling to the campground from the east on I78 be aware that there is construction right at the exit where you get off. When leaving the campground and you want to go back east you have to get on I78 west until you get to the next off-ramp where you can turn around. There is also a large Walmart and Cabelas about six miles to the east on I78.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $60.00

Appalachian is close to home and 1 of our 3 go to for a quick weekend. Staff is excellent. Most sites are level, however, there are pretty many pull through sites that are way off level. A lot of seasonals, but all are friendly and their sites are immaculate. Makes for a great walk or bike ride just checking out the landscaping at their sites. Store is average. Nice pond for fishing and a heated pool. Onsite snack bar. There rates are beginning to get very high, but so are most campgrounds in this area. We will be back, hopefully with a discount from somewhere. We camped at Appalachian Campsites in a Motorhome.

345-348
Asphalt, Grass

Dat

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $42.00

An overnight stop so did not use all amenities. Restrooms were clean and facilities seemed in good shape. There was a Halloween event the weekend we stayed so there was a lot happening for the kids. Property has a lot of trees and feels more like a campground than a"resort". Roads are unpaved once away from the entrance and may be a little tight for some but we had no problem. We camped at Appalachian Campsites in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Mostly Shady, Covered Forested

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $23.00

Overnight, nice discount with PPA. Near freeway, restaurants, lots of activities for children. Great property with good staffing.
Cable was a surprise! We camped at Appalachian Campsites in a Motorhome.

PPA requires a reservation. Phone reservation was handled efficiently. Propane available at a lower than average price.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $40.00

We did a one night stop over. Geography at the campground was moderately to heavily wooded with large oak trees, mostly level. No problem with our hookups. We took a walk through the campground, noticed many seasonal sites though they were very well maintained. Nice bass pond. Noticed lots of highway noise throughout the campground. Well maintained and landscaped campground. Clean bathrooms & showers. Interior roads were level with either pavement or crushed stone. Good signal on our Verizon cell phone. Friendly and helpful staff. We camped at Appalachian Campsites in a Travel Trailer.

Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $22.00

We stopped here for a day's rest from driving. Pull-through site was convenient but out in the open so we wouldn't want to spend much time there. Wooded sites were nice so, if we should return, we'd ask for one of those. We camped at Appalachian Campsites in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $42.00

Park was nice. Very secure - maybe a little overboard. The pull through site was fairly level and easy access. Would have liked to stay a couple days, but this was a quick overnight. No road noise even though they are right off the highway. Would stay here again. We camped at Appalachian Campsites in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2013 - $28.00

The rate we paid reflects a special deal from an early RV Show. The campground is actually a very nice place but for a transient it is somewhat hit or miss. If you get a good site you'll love it, if you get one that has you blocking your wheels up before you level, you won't feel so good about it. Some sites are nice, level and wide and you'll think you've found a new all time favorite. However, a lot of sites are out of level with the front being above the rear so keeping your back tires on the ground is difficult, and/or they are out of level left to right as well making for a REALLY tall first step. The good sites have the sewer connection below the level of your camper, some however think you can defy gravity when dumping. Some sites are pull through, these are very long and NARROW. We fit our rig on our site, but had to pull the car up next to us right to the picnic table and the fire ring was way back to the rear of the site. Not much room. Put a chair in front of the rig and your feet were nearly in in the road! Activities here are some of the best. We do Halloween here for the last several years. They have a dance, a haunted house, trick-or- treating, site decorating contest. This is a lot of fun. It is too bad that some many of the sites are seasonal. If more of the good level sites were available we'd try to get here multiple times each year. My last problem is that Wi-Fi is NOT free. For what this place charges Wi-Fi should be included, same for the fishing at the pond. We will return, but only if we can get certain sites. We have had some really good times here, but you have to go in with your eyes open. We camped at Appalachian Campsites in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $53.00

Pull through sites #300-320 are all out in the open, very small and not very level. We saw several motorhomes on these sites that had wheels in the air. From reading other reviews, this has been a problem for a number of years, but has gone uncorrected. I would have rated the campground higher if these sites were nicer and if they had provided free Wifi. Most of the really nice sites are set aside for seasonal use. There were a lot of activities taking place, and people genuinely seem to have a good time here. There were a decent amount of amenities and they appeared to be in good shape. Campground personnel were all very friendly. The only thing that didn't make much sense was there only appeared to be one dumpster for the entire campground, and it was outside of the security gates of the campground, and it could be a VERY long walk, depending on where your campsite is located. They would pick up your trash from your site if it was left out. We camped at Appalachian Campsites in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $46.00

Liked Camping at Appalachian Campsites. Even though close to I78 not a lot of road noise but some. Gravel roads. good size spaces. Exiting I78 a little tricky, right then quick left. If unsure, go through the Truck Stop. Lots to do. Fishing pond ($), Lake for kayaking fishing close by. Restrooms were clean. Close to a number of different attractions. People were nice, staff was nice. Would definitely stay here again. We camped at Appalachian Campsites in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $60.00

It seems that this campground has fallen into a state of disrepair. The sites needed the grass cut along with weed whacking and the site had 4X4's boxed out to back into. They were rotting and decomposed. This was a beautiful campground several years ago, I don't know what happened. I do not think that I will visit this campground again. The water lines are above ground and exposed and the sites had barely any stone on them and were all unlevel. We camped at Appalachian Campsites in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $50.00

We have stayed at this campground, but was about 4 years ago. We stayed here this past weekend, and it was a spur of the moment thing. Called Thurs for a Fri and Sat camping. Only site available was in their 'big rig' area, 50' pull through. No problem. When we arrived we discovered why this site was available. It was terribly unlevel. Even with my jacks and 4 boards under the rear jacks, I couldn't get our motor home level. The whole area was a problem. Everyone I spoke with was unhappy about the not even close to level sites in this area. The sites we stayed at before were nice and level, shaded, and large, but are now seasonal sites. So for transit RVers you're relegated to either the non shaded big rig sites or the back in sites (some have shade). The site next to ours had huge depressions in the grass area. We paid premium money for a non premium site. We won't be back. We camped at Appalachian Campsites in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $75.00

I was referred to this campground from a coworker and visited their website for more information. I also made 3 phone calls for additional information prior to making reservations. Each phone call I was given conflicting information concerning the fees and deposit. Nothing I was told matched what was posted on the website. They had a restaurant on site which we planned on dining in a lot during our stay, but once we got there were informed it was CASH ONLY, which I think should have been advertised as we, and another couple who reserved a site nearby were unprepared. I was also given conflicting information about the onsite fishing and was told we had to keep what we caught which required us to purchase additional supplies to comply; however, that wasn't the case. We also paid a fee to fish but noticed that all of the other patrons at the pond did not have the required bracelet so I think if they are going to charge a fee that it should be enforced. Although the campground was clean I found it a bit difficult to navigate, as well as I felt it was a step back from what it could be. The pool area although nice had a grassy area to put chairs which after the rain made the ground wet and the chairs uneven. I think the pool deck area should have consisted of more concrete and felt the grassy area was done to save the expense of a better suited material. The shower rooms did not have paper towels, only electric hand driers, and there wasn't any hooks or adequate rugs which made showering inconvenient. Having only camped in cabins I felt their prices were high for what you got. There was also a lot of "nickel & dime" fees for various situations which we have not encountered at other campgrounds. On a positive note the other patrons were friendly, and there was a variety of activities to accommodate different age groups, and there was a lot of patron participation. Overall our experience wasn't bad just mediocre. We camped at Appalachian Campsites in a Campground Cabin.

Date of Stay: May, 2012 - $39.00

Stayed here for the first time Memorial Day Weekend and made reservations for next year for the same weekend. We stayed in the wooded sites directly behind the store, very spacious sites, they don't have sewer hook-up, but the honey wagon came around on Sunday. Lots and lots to do at this campground. Very kid friendly, they have activities planned from morning to night. Our 4 yr old granddaughter had a great time. Nice pool area, we didn't go in because it was crowded, it was very very humid this w/end, so it's understandable it was full. They had a D.J. one nite and a live band the next. They have an ice cream stand & a little restaurant. They also have a game room, playground and a pond for fishing. The only negative I have is the employees in the store were not very cheery. It seemed like we were bothering them. Other than that I would have given them a 10. We camped at Appalachian Campsites in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Appalachian Campsites ?