Starlite Camping Resort

Stevens, Pennsylvania

CWG Wife

We loved this campground! If you are looking for scenic views, quiet surroundings, and lots of activities then this is the place. The management was very friendly. Our site was large and had a beautiful view of the local area. We will definitely return as soon as we can. It is hands down the most peaceful campground we have ever been to. Thanks Starlite for a great weekend! We camped at Starlite Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

sbradley

This is a beautiful park. We camped on a plateau site during the week and were nearly the only people there. The view was incredible. The owners were very friendly and helpful. The electric and water worked fine. Didn't use the pool, but it looked nice. The only drawback is that is a 20 or 30 minute ride to just about anything. We didn't particularly care, but some might. The road to get there is also very steep and not very wide. I would definitely camp here again. We camped at Starlite Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

SCClockDr

We enjoyed our stay here. The staff was friendly and helpful. This campground was convenient to local attractions for the usual services. Both the laundry and bath-house were clean and adequately maintained. Quite a walk for laundry. The park filled to near capacity over the weekend & was still quiet & friendly. We would suggest the plateau area for the view & nice evening breeze. There was entertainment in the entrance Saturday evening (One man band). We would return here in the future. We stayed 4 days. Our daily rate was $40 with a $3.00 fee for A.C. use per day. We camped at Starlite Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

mikeh

First, some of the previous reviews mention the owners kids on 4 wheelers. The only time we saw the kids, is when they are working, whether at the store, delivering propane, cleaning up sites, or picking up trash. Very quiet. Lots of seasonals here, but they all very friendly, just like the owners. Plateau sites are spacious with an outstanding view. Water pressure is good, even at peak usage times. Don't know why it took us 6 years to come back, but our next trip here will be a lot sooner than 6 years. We camped at Starlite Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

marprig

This was our third stay at Starlite Camping Resort and it won't be our last. The view is amazing and the campground clean and friendly! Location is close to a lot of great day activities. We camped at Starlite Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Jakari

Was once a great family place until the owner got burned out. Campground went downhill ever since the owner started to allow campers to drink off site and not to enforce his own rules. Too many loose dogs here running around. When I questioned the owner about this, I was asked to leave. Fireworks are set off right by a propane fill station on July 4th, not too safe. Dryers do not dry your clothes unless you spend mega bucks to keep trying to dry them. Bingo got out of hand by playing for cash, with small kids unattended to collect payouts. No lifeguard here for the pool, which states you must be 16 or have an adult. Owner's friend's kids were allowed though. I left good reviews in the past, but must be truthful about how this place changed since then. I will miss my Saturday morning softball buddies, especially the little ones that I helped over the last 4 years. Not as clean as it once was either. Owner's sons and friends ride ATV's around recklessly. ATV's are not even allowed here. Not too quiet of a place for rest and peace. We camped at Starlite Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

lcarroll

This was our fourth time camping at Starlite. We usually stay in the shangri la section as it is close to the bathrooms and I feel the kids are safe to run from site to site due to limited traffic there. We always go with 2 or 3 other families. This year we all decided to try the plateau area. I was very hesitant at first as the traffic is heavier and there is a big steep drop off across from the sites. The view was so so worth it! To go to bed and see the stars above and the county of Lancaster lit up and then wake up to the fog over the city and beautiful landscape made us never want to camp in another site. The bathrooms are super clean, the horses and goats fun to watch, the nice big campstore (with good ice cream), friendly staff and fun hayride make Starlite a repeat campground year after year. This year the guys participated in a Sunday softball game and had lots of fun. THere are so many things to do and see within a short distance from the campground as well. From the Renaissance Faire, Cherry Crest Farm, Amish and the Strasburg Railroad to name a few. My only negative if I had to have one would be the stinkbugs, but definitely not their fault. We camped at Starlite Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

jjax

This was a terrible experience. This owner is very rude with his comments. Not a family guy, that is for sure. I saw a lot of underage drinking and carrying on here during my stay. I tried to buy chicken for a dinner that they had scheduled and got laughed at. I was a last minute check in and didn't know It was scheduled and needed to be ordered in advance. I think the owner might have been drinking as well. The roads are gravel and need much improvement. There are tree limbs sticking out to scrape your RV as you try to enter through camp. The bingo caller got real sickening to listen too since he tried to be a comedian and laughed at his own jokes. I don't know what happened to fun family camping. The dogs that were running loose and unattended was quite annoying. The bathrooms seemed ok but could have been a little cleaner, but considering this campground had little kids doing the cleaning, I could see why. I talked to a few seasonal campers that seemed nice and some told me that this campground really has changed for the worse. A few said they were leaving at the end of the season. I could see why. Upon exiting I had to watch two young kids racing around on off road vehicles. This was an unusual place and I would never go back or recommend this place to anyone. We camped at Starlite Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Jakari

Once again my family and I had a wonderful experience. This owner makes you feel welcomed. The roads are all maintained with gravel or they are paved. Many trees were cut to clear paths to sites without hanging branches sticking out into the roadway. The store still has reasonable pricing. Nice game room as well as a nice rec hall for activities. This owner makes a real nice Sunday breakfast. I keep going back since this is always a positive experience. It is always nice to have clean restrooms stationed all around the campground so you do not have to always make a long trip back to your site. Firewood, propane and many other supplies are always available. Hayrides, tennis, baseball and many other outdoor activities are here for your enjoyment. Nice walking trail around the perimeter of the campground. Many sites in a wooded environment for those wanting to just sit back and relax. So much wildlife running around to keep any animal enthusiast occupied. Great view sites are also available to overlook neighboring towns. I will be heading back several times this year, and I look forward to many themed weekends. We camped at Starlite Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Lancaster Camper

Been here before and it's a nice play to camp. Special offer this weekend was, if you agreed to not watch TV for two days, you got two free packs of firewood. Quite the bargain. Good wood too. Only growing concern we're seeing is an abundant and growing amount of poison ivy along the walking trails. This family-owned campground has the best view of northern Lancaster County, Pa. We camped at Starlite Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Good Old Dan

I was disappointed in this park. I expected more after reading all the positive reviews. The Starlite has good power and water pressure and a very nice view from the Plateau, but the campground could not accommodate a large motorhome readily. Camp roads are narrow and trees were not maintained when we were here, resulting in a bad scratch above my awning. Roads are a mixture of asphalt on the hills and dirt/gravel on the flat. Hill to the top is steep. Owner was fixing potholes while we were here. Cable TV would be nice. Too many unkempt seasonals. Transient sites sit mostly on the top of the campground in the Plateau areas. All are back-in and those in the front require maneuvering on a road close to the edge of steep hill. Pool was not open when I was here. Plenty of poison ivy to be seen. Very dark at night. Located several miles off Rt 322 on narrow country roads. Plenty of other campgrounds near Lancaster that are easier to access. Too much money for what you get. I would not return. We camped at Starlite Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Jakari

This is the best campground that I've ever been too. It's a friendly place to stay. This is a very clean campground. Most of the sites are wooded to make you feel like you are camping. The sites that are not in the wooded area are on the Plateau overlooking the hills and surrounding towns. Nice store and activities. This owner always has meals planned for his guests. Breakfast and dinners are quite often. Nice quality food as well. This campground has paved and stoned roads, and is a good campground to take walks throughout. There's a nice game room, nice rec hall and nice laundry facilities. Everyone I tell about this place ends up loving it as well. These people care about your stay. If you ever need gravel, this owner will bring it and lay it out for you. Usually you never need it since these sites are always maintained. Seasonal campers here are mostly friendly. Yes: it has it's share of beer drinkers, dog runners and rude smokers, but show me a place that doesn't. You can't blame an owner for rude behavior from campers. All I know is that this owner will not tolerate this behavior. Ceramic activities and movies are played regularly during the season. Many theme-weekends throughout the season including bands, DJ's and swimming parties. Softball, volleyball, tennis and basketball as well as other sports are played here. This campground has a nice walking trail that goes around its perimeter. I can't wait to go back! We camped at Starlite Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

TDC4

This campground is situated along the side of what seems like a mountain: with some of the best views of the Susquehanna Valley from the "Plateau" sites. Most of the sites are situated in the woods and are very spacious in size. The activities were abundant with hayrides, softball games, minigolf, bingo, a church service on Sunday morning, ceramics and entertainment, just to name a few. It is a great place for children as there aren't alot of golf carts running around; although it's not the best place to ride bicycles because of the hills. The restrooms are some of the cleanest I have seen, as well as the shower facilities. The owners are very nice and they do whatever it takes to make your stay enjoyable. I would have given Starlite a ten had they had Wi-Fi available at the campsites, although I think they have it at the the office. We camped at Starlite Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

dall

We camped in the plateau area of the campground: site 145. The site was level and had a spectacular view of the countryside below. The campground has many seasonals which is why I would not rate it a ten. Most of the seasonals are in the wooded, shaded areas of the park. The campground has a nice store and a beautiful pool. On Saturday night they had a DJ and a dance and on Sunday morning a church service all in the pavilion in the plateau area. I felt the rate was reasonable for full hookups but thought that this should include air conditioning which it didn't: extra cost of $3.00 per day. Also, Wi-Fi was not available to us at our site. All in all, we will return as long as one of the plateau sites are available. We camped at Starlite Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

roughingit???

Very clean, neat and organized campground. Clean spacious pool, good store, knowledgeable staff. Fantastic views from the terrace sites, spacious sites, with good privacy. Owners need to prune some trees over roads as we hit several branches exiting. One of our favorites, kids love it. We camped at Starlite Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Starlite Camping Resort?