Echo Valley Campground

Tremont, Pennsylvania

• yes-stream Waterfront

roxiecornell

We have really enjoyed staying here. We have a beautiful site right beside the creek. It's very peaceful here and everyone is so nice. We have been here a little over a month and we absolutely love it! We are full-time campers and we have stayed at our share of campgrounds and this one is by far the best yet! The owners are super nice and go out of their way to help you. One of the owners even took time out of her day to take me and show me around the town, how awesome is that! If you're looking for a great place to stay this is it! We camped at Echo Valley Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

LeAnn Tough

We used to camp at Echo Valley Campground growing up and always had a wonderful time, even though the grounds were a little run down. For nostalgic reasons my brother, sister and I returned this weekend with our families. What a horrible owner the camp now has. Judy, the current owner was sweet and pleasant talking on the phone, making reservations. However upon arrival we seemed to be dealing with an entirely different person who happened to have the same name. She was rude, unkind, and seemed to want us out of her office in a hurry. I advised her we would have visitors the following day. When they arrived at our campsite, they had barely gotten out of their car when she pulled up in her golf cart asking me if they were my guests. When I confirmed, she turned to them to tell them, rudely, to go to the office to register. They had not even been there 1 minute! My brother bought firewood that was wet and would not burn. We all expect high prices at a campground store, but her prices were beyond reasonable. She controls the wi-fi, selling cards for an hour of usage. (Thankfully some cell phone providers have "hot spots" that will allow shared wi-fi with other people! She also charges 8 dollars for 8 small, wet pieces of wood. We returned home to retrieve forgotten items and brought the firewood we were told not too. After all we live locally! We were accused of having hordes of people coming and going all weekend. We had to rent 2 sites because of the number in our group.We were still charged extra fees for each person in addition to paying for 2 sites. There were a total of 10 of us, plus our 2 guests. We had 5 adults, 3 teenagers, 1 young child and a baby less than 2 years old. My sister's deposit (who charges a deposit?) was not returned because Judy said she was lied to about the number of people camping. She called my sister a liar! Judy was told we had a total of 10 people. 10 people were camping there in our group. What's the problem? We will never go there again. I don't recommend the campground to anybody who expects to be treated with respect, courtesy or appreciation. It's not be granted at Echo Valley, that's for certain. We couldn't even leave without our site being inspected by the"boss lady" herself. Then, because of the conflicts, she made me wait to receive my refund while she checked out another couple who requested check-out after we did. I had to knock on the store/office door to get her attention. She handed me my money without even looking at me. What a mean, rude and disrespectful, miserable individual. Quite a sad way to be for one in a customer service type profession. At all cost, avoid going to Echo Valley. We camped at Echo Valley Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Heidemarie

If there would be such a thing, I’d give this campground minus 4 stars. The owner claimed that they are a 4 star campground. It is not the case. We will NEVER camp there again. Besides being a dump filled with dirty permanent trailers, we were nickeled and dimed to no end. Never mind the rudeness of the owners. Stay away! The other comments before where so right and I have a suspicion that the good comments were written by the owner. No one in their right mind would like this place. BTW, the bridge at the front entrance is still not repaired and if a long rig comes in, it is VERY hard to make that sharp turn into the back entrance. * There was no water service. It was turned off. There were no frost-free faucets. It is kind of odd, since we had to pay full price and the campground is open all year. We camped at Echo Valley Campground in a Travel Trailer.

bobgarrett

I guess if I had read the reviews, we would not have stayed here, but it turned out to be not too bad. We were just traveling through on I81 on our way to Virginia and my wife was tired (she does the driving) so we stopped at about 4:30 pm. I called in advance and she told me the main entrance was closed, so we would have to use the back entrance which is a sharp right turn. That is an understatement. We have a 40 ft motorhome, towing a car and there is no way we could make that turn. We had to get straight, unhook and back around onto another road. When we checked in, I mentioned the turn and she said 45 ft motorhomes make that all the time. I would like to see that. She did say there is a place up the road where you can turn around and then come in to the entrance road easy. I wish she would have told me that on the phone. Then I made a big mistake. I asked about the extra charges that they have for WiFi, cable, 50 amp, etc. and she got all upset and told me to go stay someplace else. I would have done that, but my wife was real tired and didn't want to drive any further, so I bit my tongue and signed in. They do seem to have a lot of restrictions. After we were in and my wife had started the washing machine, I read in the brochure, no use of washing machines. Now the plus side. The pull through sites are level and nice, although a little narrow. The hookups on our site, No. 25, were very convenient for our motorhome and it turned out to be not bad for overnight. However, as another reviewer has said, it is not worth $36. We probably would not stay here again. We camped at Echo Valley Campground in a Motorhome.

pillaz

Stayed here as an overnight stop. The Bridge is still washed out so you have to take the back entrance which is a sharp right turn. A 40ft rig pulling a toad,NO Way will you make that turn. I came in after dark but there is absolutely nothing that stands out about this park. Mostly seasonals. The WiFi is NOT Free you have to set up your own account. The woman at the desk was almost friendly. It is close to 81 and I was given a narrow pull through site. The Site was gravel but level and had a pick nick table. It is not a bad over night stop. But it is a $25 place not a $35 place which is what they charge. I did not see the Pool or the bathrooms. We camped at Echo Valley Campground in a Motorhome.

ChrisFish

Good easy access for an overnight pull through. I stayed 4 nights parked right next to the big equipment/truck garages. On arrival I had to ask for a commercial septic truck be removed from the site in front of me, blocking my view of the river. This was the most unfriendly bunch I ever met. No one would even wave in a friendly manner. A dump truck was started up in the garage and ran while two men had a lengthy talk & the diesel exhaust filled my RV. Nice park, pretty & clean but even the permanent residents couldn't talk or say hi. Never saw a park like that. The owner acted like she was over stressed and always in a big hurry. Didn't know a golf cart could go that fast. So much for 5 mph speed limit! We camped at Echo Valley Campground in a Motorhome.

Shamrock_L

I wish I would have read the reviews before camping here, every single review is true. The owner is so rude and the rates and prices change. They don't empty their sewage and the pipes are up too high on the ground. This is BY FAR the worst campground EVER. You really don't leave refreshed or rejuvenated in the least. The recreation (is poor) for kids and the bathrooms were locked the whole time I was here. (If I did not know any better, I would say the only nice reviews are from the owners themselves trying to protect their reputation from going under.) We camped at Echo Valley Campground in a Tent Trailer.

travelingusa

First and foremost this campground was located a very short distance off of I-81. Also when we showed up was not at all the time I said it was going to be. It was more like 3:30 in the morning and the owner came right to our assistance and was very polite (even though she had previously been sleeping) and took the time to make us feel truly welcome amidst the bad timing of our arrival. Everything you want in a campground is here: a store where you can purchase most anything you can find at a convenience store, clean restrooms and shower houses, and a diner where you can get good home cooked food. Not to mention the GIGANTIC pool (wrong season to enjoy) however it is just one more reason I look forward to the next time I find myself in this area of Pennsylvania. You can easily tell by observing the work put into this campground that the owners are quite passionate about providing a great experience for the guest. Our kids had a great time on the playground which was all new and like a kid's heaven. I am definitely going to be a repeat customer to this establishment. We camped at Echo Valley Campground in a Motorhome.

Trisha6_5

This park has all the amenities listed. However, it looks more like a very, very old mobile home park. Seems to be mostly seasonal sites. Very close together. Not much more than 5 feet from our slide to our neighbors slide. I would call it very primitive and would definitely not come back. Not even overnight. We camped at Echo Valley Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

keepmotoring

This was a one night stop over so my rating reflects this. It meet our needs, which was a pull thru site so we did not have to unhook the toad. Other than that, it is not a campground we would use. It just did not look sanitary and the rate is to much for this campground. We camped at Echo Valley Campground in a Motorhome.

cmawest

Ya really gotta love it when the owners rate their own park a 10 when virtually everyone else says it stinks. Hope everyone is smarter than that. Clean this dump up and fire yourselves. You need some polite people working there. We camped at Echo Valley Campground in a Campground Cabin.

Cfamily

By far the worst place I have ever stayed. I have been camping all over the country for over 15 years and this is the worst. The owners are extremely rude and could care less about you. The campground is not secure. It is open on both ends so traffic drives right through the campground. The facility is extremely run down. The pipe for the sewer hook-up stuck up 8 inches off the ground so trying to drain your tanks is a tough task and there is no screw-in connector. The bathhouse only had one light working the entire time and they were not the cleanest restrooms. The pool was dirty and was starting to turn green and had a layer of bugs on it. They also kept it locked up and you have to call to get in. The playground is old and small and had many broken parts and was a safety hazard. The nature path goes for about 100 feet and dead ends in the woods. The horse shoe pit was over grown with weeds. The campground has mostly seasonal campers staying in old run down trailers and mobile homes. The rates do not match the facility or the amenities. I will never stay here again. We camped at Echo Valley Campground in a Motorhome.

Greatoutdoorsman

What a beautiful campground. We entered on paved roads over a nice old stone bridge. They have a very nice, large swimming pool that is open six hours a day. The kids also enjoyed the playground and park. They have an outdoor theater but only have shows on certain weekends. It is a very nice park. The showers were clean and modern. We used the laundry while there. This is open 24-7. Overall, we had a great experience at this campground and look forward to returning. We camped at Echo Valley Campground in a Travel Trailer.

annoyed

This campground was by far the worst we have ever stayed at. The only nice thing was a new picnic table. The owners were rude, the pool was dirty and was only open 6 hours a day. The bathrooms and showers were disgusting and there were only 2! Everyone had to keep coming back to check and see if it was free! We went to the camp store t buy firewood and they charged me $8 for a "bin" of wood, so I agreed. Well, turns out it was $8 for about 6 pieces of cut up rotted 2 x 10! It lasted less than an hour in the fire pit! Their playground was so scary that I wouldn't even let my kids near it. I was afraid they would fall through something or something would fall on them! All in all it was awful. I would never go back and would tell everyone to steer clear! I wish I had found this site before I booked this campground! Beware! We camped at Echo Valley Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

cherylmomof4

This campground was by far the worst campground we've ever stayed at. The website looks great, so we decided to visit and are sorry we did. Pros: Nice pool Cons: The owner is the only person working there, the office and the camp store were never open. The pool is nice BUT--it is padlocked, we had to call to be let in and it seemed like a major inconvenience to her. Once in--she locked the gate behind us! The only way out was a turnstile, and you can't get back in once you're out--unless you call her again--on your cell by the way, there wasn't a courtesy phone. All but one shower house was locked and even it wasn't clean. Campground is filled with old beat up, empty campers. Campground houses tractor trailers--parked next to the playground. One tractor trailer had a sign that said "poison" on it--I doubt there was actually anything in it, but it was a little creepy. Our pull through had a great view of the maintenance building, 3 dump trucks and the above mentioned trailers. We did ask to be moved, but were given only one other site to move to even though half the park was empty. We couldn't pull in to the other site because the genius next to it pulled in backwards and was using the sewer for the site she wanted us to use--so we stayed with the trucks. Owner was very testy with us on Sunday because we were rinsing our black tanks. She said that we couldn't do that, that there's only one well, and that she couldn't afford all that water. To their credit, it does look like they are trying to do some work on the place, and until Sunday morning, we were willing to try again in a few years, but with an attitude like this owner has, we will not be back. It's a shame--with some work, this campground could be a beautiful place. We camped at Echo Valley Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Echo Valley Campground?