Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA

Washington, Pennsylvania 15301

Longitude: -80.19706

• Big Rig Access Big Rig Access no
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $44.00

Nice enough sites however after making reservations 3 months in advance we were put beside a worker who woke us up each morning at 5:45 starting his work truck and throwing things in the bed. We camped at Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $44.00

Like most KOA's, the value isn't there for someone just needing an overnight stop. All the amenities become extraneous. The manager was friendly and we were escorted to our site. The park is located only a few miles from the interstate but there is a long, narrow, hilly road leading to the park, and, once in the park, the road to the sites is very narrow. The water pressure was low, but the electricity was good and the utilities are convenient. We camped at Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $45.00

Lot of complaints about the road to the campground. It's western PA...there will be hills. Site was fairly level, but had to share a water spigot with the neighbor...every other site has water. And the dump was uphill from our site. I never understand how anyone thinks that will work well. Sites are very close together. One TT had awning out, and it went over part of the road. Maintenance here seems hit or miss. When we arrived the office was closed. They close 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM every day. We found our space and set up. Headed into the city. Office closed when we returned and when we left the next day. Never saw a soul who worked there. Seems to be a fair number of permanent residents here. I rarely have security concerns at campgrounds, but when we left for the city I double checked all locks. And I was concerned for our dogs. It was hot, and I worried about the power as the outlets were in disrepair. Wife said we are not staying there next time in Pittsburgh. Grounds need a lot of maintenance. We camped at Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $44.00

This is better than most KOAs that we have stayed at - very hilly, but rather charming. There was an initial glitch where they cancelled our reservation the day before, but they got it rectified as soon as I notified them. The staff was very friendly and helpful! The roads and sites are all gravel, but there is grass between all of the pull-thrus. Our site was toward the end of the row, thus we had a nice view of the trees and a tree on one side. Most of the pull-thrus do not have trees. Nice trees and grass on the perimeter of the park. They were working at adding more landscaping. Nice dog park, playground and pool. Restrooms were adequate. We only used the wifi once and it was good. There is some freeway noise, but it did not bother us. It is quite a drive to Pittsburgh (the reason for our stay), but be sure to visit Washington - a lovely town a few minutes away. We camped at Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA in a Motorhome.

Go to Washington - a lovely historic downtown, the Pennsylvania Trolley Museum, the Duncan Miller Glass Museum, etc. And of course, Pittsburgh is wonderful. If you like bike riding, the Three Rivers trail is very nice!

Featured Campgrounds Near Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $43.00

The owners were very nice. We could not get to the assigned site because the road was so narrow with a very sharp turn and no swing room. They didn't trim the trees over the road so they would have scratched our paint. The site was not level front to back and side to side. The gravel parking area was raised, so the 5th wheel would have tipped excessively going in. The sites are up a steep hill from the office. The steepness and quick turn required would be a nail biter. We decided to leave, which meant turning around....very dicey. We have 45 foot long 5th wheel and haul with a heavy duty truck. We told them our size before booking. We also looked at a satellite view but the turns were obscured and you can't tell how steep it is. We will not go back there. Campgrounds NEED to have access roads for the large rigs they book. We camped at Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $58.00

Roads are rough, both leading to the campground and inside. There was way too much slope to the site. My wheels came off the ground when leveled. The son-in-law is not a fount of personality, though the owners are friendly enough. The laundry room was small and the machine dirty. We picked up a mouse here...took weeks to get rid of him. We camped at Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $44.00

The site was close to our neighbors. The park is right next to I79 so we heard trucks all night plus there was construction on I79 so we heard the beep beep beep of construction vehicles all night. Our dog enjoyed the off leash park and the dog walk path. We camped at Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $44.00

The thing to know about this park is that it is located in western PA. The terrain is typical - very hilly. Entrance is as described by others: narrow. Was doable for us with a dually towing 39' 5th, plus car (we're a train!), but not without concern. Sites are very close together; you have about a 5' slice of grass between. But site itself was level and long enough that we didn't have to unhitch for the night. Water pressure was good and utilities were well-spaced. No cable. Did not use facilities, but everything looked very clean and staff was helpful. Given that there is not much else around (hint, hint for someone thinking of opening a CG), I would stay here again. Would not consider it a destination CG, but it's easy access to I70. Did slide slightly on some gravel coming down hill for exit. Not a CG for the new/novice big rig driver. We camped at Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $46.00

Pulled into this KOA after a long day on the road because I needed electricity to cool off the TT. Very few CGs in the area. Office was closed so I picked an available site of the list. CG sits on a steep hill! The road from the office takes you to the top of the CG and you work your way down the hill. Site 20 is at the top of the CG. There is a sizable tree right next to the site (gravel) pad. I had to adjust the TT a few times so the Utilities were reachable and I could still open my door. Shared water spigot was on the wrong side and my 25ft hose just reached. Site was level side to side. My electric powered off 4 times due to my surge protector measuring voltage in excess of 133 volts. I stopped by the office in the morning to inform them of the issue (BTW, I wasn't looking for an adjustment). Got into a discussion with the clerk and the owner about that over-voltage couldn't happen. I expected, "sorry about that, we will look into it." This CG is overpriced, hard to navigate to due to the narrow, hilly road from the main road and the worst KOA I have stayed at in my travels. We camped at Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $42.00

We stayed here last minute on a Saturday night. The sites were tiers on a hill, gravel, and the pad itself was fairly level, but it was very steep between our site and the next, I didn't even have to put my step out, and the provided picnic table was on a serious list due to the steepness. Everything worked well, all hookups were convenient and in good order. Campground is laid out well, though the road to it is a bit winding, as is the case in most of the area there, and it is still right next to a highway interchange, so a good deal of road noise day and night. Bath house, office and laundry were down the hill in a classic KOA a-frame building with a nice looking pool next to it. Bath house was clean and in good working order, though it needed better ventilation. Staff was very friendly and checked me into a site even though I had arrived hours before check-in time. Good for an overnight. We camped at Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Lunch at the Rusty Gold Brewery in nearby Canonsburg was excellent and well worth the drive.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $41.00

The facility was almost empty both nights we were there, but the owner was unwilling to make a change to an adjacent site as we requested when making the reservation back in November 2016. The owner was rather unpleasant when we checked in. One of the employees, driving the riding lawn mower, damaged our coach while mowing the lawn adjacent to our coach. It took several hours for the owner to give us the insurance information we requested. We camped at Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $41.00

The road into the park is narrow and twisting and steep. We wondered if there really was an RV park at the end. Two of the turns inside the park were tight for our 28-ft travel trailer. Can't imagine coming in anything longer. We arrived about noon. The office was closed but our reservation was noted and a site assigned. However, that site was occupied. We finally choose another open site. When the office opened we were told that site was only available for one night, not the 2 we planned to stay, and we would have to move. We decided to leave the next morning. Didn't really mind the office being closed in the middle of the day but since it was, assigning us to a spot that wasn't open at 11 am when the office closed was inexcusable. The site wasn't very level and many others were worse. The sites are narrow. This park is certainly not what we expect of a KOA. We camped at Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $40.00

Access to park is narrow and winding once you turn off the main street in town. The primary drive inside the campground is uphill and very narrow. There were noticeable tire tracks off the edges of the pavement. Sites were close together on top of the hill; however they were long enough for my 69' length and surprisingly level. Lots of rain in the area caused our sites to be a little muddy when walking around. We camped at Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring

Pittsburgh Pirates are close by and can be attended easily by using the Light Rail system. We parked for $2, rode the light rail for $5 each which let us off across the street from the stadium...no big city driving or expensive parking fees to get close to the stadium.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $45.00

Be sure and follow the KOA signs along the road. Follow the instructions given at web site. The road to the park is very narrow, but is paved. Wi-Fi worked good and there are lots of TV channels. We had a nice long plu-thru. We camped at Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $40.00

We didn't hear a lot of noise but some. It's a very hilly park and spaces are somewhat level - very close to one another. We only stayed one night. We camped at Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Be sure NOT to follow your GPS after you get off the main road. There is a long narrow road through a residential neighborhood before you get to the KOA, which is between two freeways.

Featured Campgrounds Near Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA

Are you affiliated with Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA ?