Keen Lake Camping & Cottage Resort

Waymart, Pennsylvania

Recent Rate: $51 9/2013

• yes-lake Waterfront

achmed

This is a very large park, with most sites located on a hillside across a road from the lake. It was a long ride to the far end of the park to our site. Our site was one of two tucked in with some seasonals. Sites are very tight and not very level, although we were able to get reasonable level. Hookups were excellent, but Wi-Fi was very weak, either nonexistent, or on for a short time and then off. The park is a long way from highways for an overnight stop. We would not stay here again just for an overnight. We camped at Keen Lake Camping & Cottage Resort in a Motorhome.

Johnny Hurryup

Older park with many permanents. Narrow roads with a public road running right through it. Pool was too small for such a large park. Place like this should not charge extra, as they do, for kids and A/C. My low rating is based on value. Should be a $28 /day park. We camped at Keen Lake Camping & Cottage Resort in a Motorhome.

smdc

This was our first time at this campground and we were very impressed. We've stayed at another campground in the area and it doesn't compare to Keen Lake. The camp store was nice and was open until 11 p.m. Staff was friendly and helpful. Our campsite was a bit of a tight squeeze getting into, but the staff warned us of that. There are a lot of seasonals and a large number of teens running around the campground and "hanging out", but they were not too loud and friendly. All the seasonals sites were clean and well-maintained. It is a nice campground and the only campground we said we would consider getting a seasonal site at. We camped at Keen Lake Camping & Cottage Resort in a Travel Trailer.

sbacn

We stayed for two nights. It's dangerous to get in and out of from the main road. The entrance is on a turn and you can't see what is coming in or out. Some of the roads in the campground are just wide enough for your camper. The directions given to campsite 99 couldn't be made with the truck and 30 foot camper. My wife had to walk along to make sure I didn't hit anything. The campsites are small. Everything closes early: Laundry room - 4pm and swimming pool - 6pm. We had to watch our own kids in the pool. The lifeguard seem to be more interested in the babes sunbathing. I would say that 90% are seasonal sites. The people are friendly and helpful, except for directions to our site. We camped at Keen Lake Camping & Cottage Resort in a Travel Trailer.

hummer3

Very clean park with an excellent store. We are looking into a seasonal stay for next year! Has friendly staff, and is pet friendly. Great place to take the kids! We camped at Keen Lake Camping & Cottage Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Mary1955

Keen Lake campground is a wonderful, restful place. As always it ranks a 10 with me. This time I was at site L11 with a lakefront. Easy access for boating and the fishing was great. Keen Lake is a must visit! We camped at Keen Lake Camping & Cottage Resort in a Motorhome.

Peachman

We have been camping here for 19 years. It is a great park with lots and lots of stuff for the kids. The Keen sisters are great. What a relaxing time each year at Keen Lake. We camped at Keen Lake Camping & Cottage Resort in a Tent Trailer.

Alo

Great campground; we come here every year! When not cooking in the RV or the camp fire we were at the Gravity Inn, a little known place in Waymart, very family friendly with awesome food and prices. We camped at Keen Lake Camping & Cottage Resort in a Motorhome.

palsgrovefamily

Keen Lake was a nice campground. It was quiet at night which is one of our favorite things. The activities for the kids were plentiful and fun. The pool was VERY crowded, but clean. The lake is gorgeous, and the boating was nice. We will probably go back here. We camped at Keen Lake Camping & Cottage Resort in a Travel Trailer.

spass21

I recommend this park. I recommend sites on top of the hill as they are spacious and there is close access to two playgrounds. The staff were so helpful and friendly. There are hourly activities for the kids. The pool is crystal clear and not very crowded. We definitely will be camping here again. We camped at Keen Lake Camping & Cottage Resort in a Motorhome.

happycamper08

We camped here one weekend and were pleasantly surprised. It really looks crowded from the road, but we camped up by the new bath house near the activity area and playground. The sites were roomy and the bath house great. It was modern and very clean. We enjoyed camping there very much and will do so again. We camped at Keen Lake Camping & Cottage Resort in a Travel Trailer.

momv

The sites are too close together. There is a main road right in the middle of the campground. It is very noisy. Will not return here. We camped at Keen Lake Camping & Cottage Resort in a Tent Trailer.

brep

My kids loved this campground! The activities never stopped. We got a lot of bang for our buck. Some activities had a small charge but it would have cost me a lot more to take my kids out of the park to do something else. Our site was level and easy to back into. The pool looked good and the views of the lake were great. I would come back. We camped at Keen Lake Camping & Cottage Resort in a Motorhome.

iamcorky

We've been going to Keen Lake for several years. Always loved it. Great fishing, friendly people etc. But something happened. I don't know if management changed in the family or just the times are changing. There are a lot more seasonal sites now. A lot of rude people who don't seem to be the typical friendly campers that brought us back year after year. We booked our sites ( we usually go in small groups) at least six months in advance. We asked for and were told we'd be in a specfic area. Wooded near the lake. A couple weeks prior to our trip I called to find out what sites we were getting. They told me they couldn't tell me yet. I found that odd but after years of camping there I trusted them. When I got there I found my very small site in full sun nowhere near the lake. I immediately went to the office. I was told the only other sites I could change to were at the farthest point in the campground against the road. They didn't even apologize for their error. Unfortunately We won't be going back. They just don't seem to care so I won't either. We camped at Keen Lake Camping & Cottage Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Hawkdog

We love this campground. There is so much for kids to do at this campground. They have activities planned almost by the hour. Our site was level and clean upon our arrival. The bathrooms remained clean the entire holiday weekend. Staff was friendly and helpful. We rented paddleboats and swam in the heated pool numerous times. We will go back again next year. We camped at Keen Lake Camping & Cottage Resort in a Tent Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Keen Lake Camping & Cottage Resort?