Montreal South KOA

Recent Rate: $46 6/2015

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?

North America in 90 days

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $46.00

Terrible drainage in this park. it rained but had no where to go, we were getting wet feet for 2 days. We've been to many other parks on this 90 day trip but had good drainage. Not here. We made some deep tracks when we pulled out but that wasn't our fault as the sites don't have enough gravel. We camped at Montreal South KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

nuevomex

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $55.00

Owner was very friendly. We had a problem with the 50 amp and they just hooked us up to the site next to us. So, basically, we had two sites for the price of one (and parking for our tow vehicle)! Wi-Fi was VERY restricted. Owner told us about a great dog run nearby, and it was. I would stay here again. We camped at Montreal South KOA in a Motorhome.

ETCTA

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $50.00

This park is amazing! Everything you would expect from a KOA (friendly staff, amazing facilities, kids activities) are all here. The WiFi service is VERY limited so be prepared to do without bring your own access. We camped at Montreal South KOA in a Motorhome.

pdq

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $63.00

At this KOA, the site quality was poor. The sites have lots of trees. That said, we were able to get satellite. All the hook ups are located at far end of site. We needed over 30 feet of water hose to make the connection. We were not able to use sewer as it was broken. The electric box cover was broken. The site was level. I describe the RV park as not big rig friendly. This is because we were told we were in one of the largest sites. Well, we filled almost the entire site. We are a 37 foot motorhome plus tow (which is a Chevy HHR). All the interior roads are very poor condition - so many pot holes - and big ones too! As for the facilities, we did not use toilets nor showers. Compared to other KOA parks we have been to, this KOA did not seem to have much. The park is located on a busy road. It is south of city of Montreal and you could commute. However, you definitely would need a tow car as there is no transit available. As for pet friendliness, there is no dedicated dog area, only the gravel interior roadway to walk dogs on. The road way outside the RV park is too busy to walk on. It felt unsafe to walk the dogs. We camped at Montreal South KOA in a Motorhome.

cdude

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $54.00

Rate includes tax and value card discount. Have stayed here several times and owners continue to upgrade sites and other aspects; however, they have an electrical problem which we have detected at several sites on the times we have stayed here. Need to check the service before hooking up as our electrical service when checked had no ground. We were allowed to use the adjacent site's power which was okay. Some sites have shared water and electrical connections which can be a problem for some without long electrical cables. Voltage was on the low side but not to the point where our surge protection cut us off. Sites are usually level. Seems to be a commitment to upgrade all aspects of the park and the electrical will likely be dealt with in time. We have stayed here several times due to its proximity to Montreal and the easy highway access. Will likely stay here again. We camped at Montreal South KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

kemosabe

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $45.00

This campground was great for convenience to see Montreal. Located near a commuter train station if you want to not drive into city. Also, right off the freeway for easy access on and off, but far enough away to not hear traffic. Out in the countryside, very quiet. We had a pull through site for out 36' RV pulling a vehicle and we didn't have to unhook. The showers were old and kinda creepy, but clean. Not much for a rec center, just a big open old building with a few tables, etc. Would definitely stay if you are looking for convenience in visiting Montreal during the day. People in office were very helpful and nice and spoke excellent English. We camped at Montreal South KOA in a Motorhome.

alkurta

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $55.00

The staff was friendly and switched language from French to English with ease, as I do not speak a lick of French. The directions to the sites were clear and concise. The site was very large and level under a couple of trees where bird feeders were set up at the end of the site which goldfinch and woodpeckers used, not leaving droppings on our camper, making things good. The hookups were close and easy. The bathrooms were clean and well maintained . We would definitely stay here again. We camped at Montreal South KOA in a Travel Trailer.

happy wi camper

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $58.00

This campground is nice for an overnight stay. If you enjoy having a nice campfire and just sitting outside relaxing, this is not the best place to stay. The pull through sites are easy to get into, but trees are sparse in the interior of the campground, so no shade. There are no fire pits: just metal bowls on posts stuck in the ground. The picnic tables are in need of replacing. The staff was friendly and helpful, but the sites were not what I had expected. I would recommend as a one night stay if you are passing through but it would not be my first choice if I needed to stay several days. We camped at Montreal South KOA in a Travel Trailer.

steben6

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $56.00

This is a pleasant, well-kept campground and a good base for exploring Montreal. The sites have ample space around them and the utilities are positioned well. The staff was friendly and very helpful with advice regarding the best ways to see Montreal. A 20 minute drive brought us to the nearest subway station, and from there we were able to explore most of the city without worrying about traffic or parking. My complaints are that the water pressure dropped to a trickle midway through my morning shower, and it stayed that way for more than an hour. Also, the wi-fi slowed to a stop in the evening and became totally unusable. This is a common problem at campgrounds whose systems have inadequate bandwidth to support all the users...and one of my pet peeves. Anyway, it is a nice, quiet campground, and we would stay here again. We camped at Montreal South KOA in a Motorhome.

Maddawgs

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $76.00

This is a nice park. Upon arrival we were met by a friendly staff who let us rinse some of the road grime off our car and led us to our site. When they saw the size of our combined unit the changed our site to accommodate. The site were advertised as "satellite friendly" we could get no signal on our king dome and judging from all the raised antennae at sites around us no others were getting signal. There is no cable available at this KOA. We also noticed that there were no "planned activities" which is odd for a KOA. This is also the most expensive campground that we have stayed at. This campground looks "old" and is very basic, the sites are nice but could use better upkeep (sewer connection was open with no cover and cracked, picnic table was a hazard as it almost tipped over several times, and we had to "borrow" a fire ring from another site) I give this KOA a 7 based on the staff, it lost points due to price, satellite reception, and site condition. We would most likely not camp here again We camped at Montreal South KOA in a Motorhome.

prevostliberty

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $56.00

Staff was not exactly friendly on the phone when I reserved. The woman who checked us in was the same. I asked for a pull through, and told them I had a toad when reserving and was told that I would have to disconnect when we arrived. I wonder if I spoke French if they would have treated me better. Site was fresh loose gravel into which my rig sank about 4 inches. Sewers were all wide open with no covers in sight. The only plus that I can find is that it is in a good location when passing near Montreal and they have 50 amp sites. We camped at Montreal South KOA in a Motorhome.

Sportscoach

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $59.00

This is a copy of the feedback I gave directly to KOA corporate. The owner of Montreal South KOA was rude, obnoxious and offensive. He criticized the way I leveled my motorhome. He took offense when I suggested his site wasn't level, then told a "story" of how he kicked previous tenants out of his park. In the process he used inappropriate language in the presence of my family, including my wife and two young boys. About 20 minutes later, I asked him about the low voltage I was noticing on my meter. He then came unglued and called the meter a "$1.50 piece of crap". He then told me I had 5 minutes to leave his park before his office closed, because he could foresee me being nothing but trouble. I wasn't about to move my family at night without reservations, so I went inside my RV and avoided him at all cost. This owner has rejected all standard KOA amenities as worthless. He said he didn't want to see "kids with stupid paint on their faces eating ice cream". He also said he doesn't have "fat ladies in the pool at 10:00 in the morning." I assume he was talking about water aerobics. I could go on, but in short, this park and this owner are not representative of what we have come to know and love about KOA. I would doubt that I am the first or the last to complain. Good luck. We camped at Montreal South KOA in a Motorhome.

MomsL8

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $60.00

When we hooked up, we noticed a leak in the electric, so much so that we would be shocked when we touched our screen door without shoes on and not stepping on a mat. When we complained, owner admitted that the sites were not grounded. He did fix it, but we felt that the comments he made all weekend long about being "sued" were derogatory to Americans and inhospitable. It is evident they are trying, but he seems so paranoid about everything that he won't entrust his campers to have a good stay. All weekend long, he reminded my teenaged kids to make sure their mom didn't sue him. This campground is helpful, but I didn't appreciate how this situation was handled or how he communicated his fear. Unground electric is just not cool: no matter what. We camped at Montreal South KOA in a Travel Trailer.

cdude

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $51.00

Easy access off Highway 15. Friendly reception and staff. Did not use Wi-Fi; using data stick instead which had good reception. Park seems well maintained. Depending on volume of oncoming traffic, you are lead to your site. Power was good, but water pressure dropped quite strongly in the a.m. with increased use by other campers. For this reason rated as noted. Due to location will definitely stay here again. We camped at Montreal South KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

wpr

Date of Stay: June, 2010 - $50.00

A mostly flat campground with some shade trees. Good, easy access to Montreal from here, so it is a perfect place to use as a base for exploring Montreal or as a stopover for travel to Québec City or points further. It is about 1 km from the main highway, so there is not road noise, and maybe one or two freight trains per night at over a quarter mile distance. There are several tent sections available, one really nice one on a lower portion near a little brook. After strong rains there can be a few puddles left, as the soil in this part of the province does not drain well. Some of the sites can take even the largest oversized motorhomes without unhooking the toad. Wi-Fi is free but only usable in the early morning even though the park was filled barely to 50% capacity when we were there. Trying to use the Wi-Fi in the evening is about as much fun as canoeing in molasses. The other problem with this park is that I find it overpriced by about 20%. We camped at Montreal South KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Montreal South KOA?