Wawaloam Campground

West Kingston, Rhode Island

West Kingston, Rhode Island

Ask fellow campers about "Wawaloam Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $63.00

Customer service was snippy, unfriendly. Water pressure non- existent. Can't shower in own unit, showers are a fee. No gray water drain. Cable and pool down for the weekend, no discount. Charge for adult children. Only one vehicle allowed on site. We camped at Wawaloam Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Peep Toad

clean, short level hike at the Audubon society close by. Good for children.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $51.00

This is a large, very attractive campground. There's a good mix of sun and shade. The camp sites are wide, though mine some somewhat skimpy fore and aft. What will bring parents is the wide range of activities for kids, not only a swimming pool, but a water slide, and much more. Getting there from Connecticut was short but concerning. My GPS routed me over roads that conscientious traffic planners would not want heavy rigs to drive regularly, and that includes the Gardiner Road that services the campground itself. Perhaps if Google Maps told me more about the roads it routes users onto, I might have avoided some of them. But from the driving I did in the state, it appears that Rhode Island officials have made the decision that they can't afford both to pay themselves competitive salaries and to maintain the roads. My site was satisfactory. It was wide enough for me to back into despite the tree and boulder right across the lane. I did have to park my trailer over the remains of a campfire that had been built there instead of in the fire ring. To be sure the grass and gravel site does not make a clear distinction between the part for trailers and the part for people. If I were the kind of camper that spent a lot of time outside in front of the RV, I would have found that burned ground annoyingly ugly. But I'm not, so for the most part, I didn't notice it. I would have thought that management would have noticed and corrected the burn. But I got the impression that the staff doesn't think along those lines. They proved more surly than friendly. They even have a sign next to the office door that says, in effect, "Don't bother me unless it's very important." A questionable way to greet customers, don't you think? We camped at Wawaloam Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $56.00

Definatly a family friendly park. Lots of kids, it was their Christmas in July event.

The park is off the beaten path and interesting to get too.

The sites are large but a bit hilly.

My biggest gripe is the early arrival charge of $5 an hour and. a $3 per dog charge. Because they can. We camped at Wawaloam Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles

The Beavertail Lighthouse is a must see.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $46.00

My wife and I use a campground as a base from which to do other things in the area so I can't really address activities those with kids might want to know about. It did appear they had several things going on while we were there. Nice camp store.

The thing we noticed most was the lots are HUGE compared to most other campgrounds. We were there on July 4th weekend and the campground was full. The power was a little wimpy on a hot day. We got down to 107v with the AC on. I switched to gas for the water heater then.

Good cell signal so the cell router worked well. Water pressure was good. We were very late in looking for a site and ended up with a water/electric site, but a honey wagon comes by twice a week for $15 a time. They missed us the first time, but showed up within minutes after I let the office know no one had been there.

All in all, we'd definitely go again. We camped at Wawaloam Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Safari - 10

There's lots to do, but you need to drive about 20 minutes to get to anything. Jamestown was about 30-35 minutes away. Beautiful area.

Featured Campgrounds Near Wawaloam Campground

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $40.00

Our second trip this month to this campground. The prices are very reasonable and everything you want is very close. The activities, pool, waterslide, mini golf all very affordable. This is the best secure facility I have ever been to. Gates close: just get a gate card to re-enter. A great place! We camped at Wawaloam Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2010 - $48.00

We just spent our first weekend at this campground. The previous review was accurate. You need to be back by 10 PM. We were informed of this at check in. They also offer a gate card for a $20 deposit which will get you back in after 10 PM. We actually really loved this place and wanted to give it a higher rating but held back since we had no cable hookup or Wi-Fi. I know it's not a big deal when camping but we enjoy catching news before bed or at least reading our local paper online. The sites were very nice and huge. The Friday night dinner and Sunday morning breakfast were excellent. We will be back in August. We camped at Wawaloam Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $46.00

We also had trouble getting to campground. Intersection of Ten Rod Road and Hwy 102 is horrible, and our GPS also led us that way. Damage to rear stabilizer jacks occurred. In addition, there are many trees with very large, low-hanging branches on all roads leading to campground and within campground. The intersection of Hwy 102 and Town Hall Rd ( the one listed on the campground's website) is better, but we almost scraped bottom back of camper leaving from that road, and trees were still an issue. Grass sites in campground were extremely uneven, and with the rain, we were sinking into the ground. Campground entrance road is extremely narrow. They require that you park rig on entrance road while registering which blocks in and out traffic. Everything in campground is an extra charge. We arrived a little early and had to pay $15 fee even though our reserved site was vacant and campground was half empty. Interior roads are very narrow, and there are trees with low hanging branches which make driving to your site, and backing into sites difficult. We would never stay at this campground again. We camped at Wawaloam Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $38.00

This was our first stay at the Wawaloam Campground. We stayed over the Father’s Day Weekend from Saturday through Tuesday. Wish Mother Nature was nicer to us; that would be our only complaint. You are always a little leery going to a new campground. We found this campground solely by RV Park Review. Most of the reviews were good but they give you just a small idea about the place. Our experience with Wawaloam Campground was a great one from making the reservation to heading home. All the employees are friendly and hospitable. We made a few phones calls to ask little questions about the campground and each time the person was informative. Arriving we where met at the office by a very helpful person who checked us in and gave us information about the area. The roads are a mix of paved and dirt, all wide enough for big rigs. Driving to our site I was amazed by the sizes of the sites. Being in one of the smallest states in the Union, they sure do give the largest camp sites, not just the seasonal sites but the transient sites too. Our site was unbelievable large; most other campground would have tried to make 2 or squeeze 3 sites on the same area. The store was a nice size having many campers’ needs for your stay. Their food selection could have been larger. One of our only complaints would be that the store had no hours during the week. When we stopped in the store, the workers were young ladies. All of the girls were very friendly, helpful, and happy. The campground has a large swimming pool, water slide and one of the best mini-golf courses I have seen at a campground. We have camped from Maine to Florida, East Coast to West and this is one of our top 10 if not top 5 campgrounds we have stayed at. We camped at Wawaloam Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2008 - $48.00

This campground has nice spacious sites, but not much to do, unless you have a lot of money. The pool is free, but you must bring your own chairs. The brochure shows a nice water slide, but it is $20 per day, per child. Mini-golf is $2.50 per person (not too bad). The basketball court is supposed to be lit up until 10:00, but they shut the lights off using their own discretion, leaving children in the pitch dark, before 10:00 pm. Staff spend a lot of time riding around in golf carts trying "to catch" someone doing something wrong, but if you need assistance with something, they are not available. In the past, this was a nice family campground, with the owners tending to visitors in a friendly way. Since it has been passed down to other family members, the service has been poor. It seems service is being replaced with greed. We camped at Wawaloam Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Wawaloam Campground

Are you affiliated with Wawaloam Campground ?