Bass Lake RV Campground

Dillon, South Carolina

1149 Bass Lake Pl
Dillon, South Carolina 29536

• Landing Strip Landing Strip yes

Ask fellow campers about "Bass Lake RV Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $30.00

Nice park for an overnight. We have stayed here several times on our trips here and there. Close to I-95 but very little road noise. All utilities work well. WiFi leaves a bit to be desired, but after all, we're supposed to be camping. Campground was very clean and well maintained. Be sure you have a good welcome mat. It is very sandy. We will definitely stay here again. We camped at Bass Lake RV Campground in a Travel Trailer.

B-1
Sand

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $18.00

We called for reservations July 4th morning. We were treated just perfect. Nothing fancy, just clean and some good old southern hospitality. Right off of I95. Very little traffic noise. Level grass sites with excellent 50 amp service. We camped at Bass Lake RV Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Did not go outside of park

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $35.00

We stayed in a 33 foot travel trailer. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The park is adjacent to I-95 which is noticeable but not overbearing. The park was in a field with no shade, but we stayed in February and needed no shade. There is a lake nearby that offers a lot of places to walk and enjoy the scenery. They have no cable. There are several over the air stations you can get. After leaving you can get to Dillon with no problems so anything you need as far as gas and supplies is nearby. They have a gate that locks in the evening and you need a code to get in and out. The Wi-Fi is fast and works with no issues. We camped at Bass Lake RV Campground in a Travel Trailer.

B-1

The city of Dillon is close by with shopping for supplies and gas readily accessible. Many restaurants to choose from. The attraction South of the Border is just 5 miles north of the campground.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $35.00

Needed an overnight stay and this was close to I-95. Check in was easy and we were escorted to our lot. Since we were just there for one night, we were in a large field in the front of the campground. There was some noise from I-95 but not bad. The water pressure and voltage were good and the lot was level.

There is a fishing pond with a beware of alligator sign on the property. The gates are locked at night. We camped at Bass Lake RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Bass Lake RV Campground

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $20.00

Good overnight stop off I95. Don't pull in after hours...gate closes and no turnaround. We camped at Bass Lake RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Immediately West of exit ramp off I95. Do not pull in after hours, gate closes, no turnaround.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $35.00

To say it's an EZ on/off of I95 is an understatement. It is right next to it but surprisingly, the road noise is blocked by trees and brush and isn't bad. EZ in and out of long, level, grassy site with good WES. Wifi ok. Great overnite spot with half of the park being permanents. It is gated from 7P to 8:30A so late arrivals would have to know the access code. No dropping in! Would stay again. We camped at Bass Lake RV Campground in a Motorhome.

A5

Dillon is an economically depresssed town. We ate at Nicks Famous Pizza on Main St. Not very good but didn't have pizza.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $19.00

Very nice park located right off I-95. Sites are grass, extra long and spacious. Picnic table, free wi-fi, no cable, no pool, no play area. Nice small lake on property. Accepts Passport America which makes it a great bargain for a night or two. We would definitely stay here again. We camped at Bass Lake RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

we2

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $21.00

Its a nice quiet campground right off 95 south. There is noise from a racetrack behind the campground when they are racing but I consider this a bonus as I went to the races because I found out about the track. the owners were great, british and very helpful. Gave us great places to eat. the lake is nice but those sites are for tenters. considering how close 95 is there is hardly any noise. We camped at Bass Lake RV Campground in a Motorhome.

1 d

Kings pizza in dillon has great Italian food. If you need or want some tools Harbor freight is one exit south. When pulling into your site be very aware of the water pipe . it doesnt show up too well. I found out the hard way. The owner took care of it quickly and handled the situation like a true gentleman.

lmg

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $21.00

Great stopover park right off the interstate. Easy access to sites. Pull throughs are on a grass field and level. No shade. Wifi okay. Clean facilities. Great price with Passport America. Situated on a lake with nice walking trails. We will stay here again in our Motorhome. We camped at Bass Lake RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $19.00

This is a fine campground for an overnight stay, so we have rated it as such. We have stayed here a couple of times in the past and it has improved over the years. It is located close to the interstate, so there is a little traffic noise. The campground is a large grassy field with trees scattered through out. We had a pull through site that was level, the neighbors are close by but not on top of each other. There are some permanent residents, but their sites are kept neat, and not junky. Utility poles have been update and placed logically, power and water strong. The wifi is adequate, and Sprint phone worked well. We did not try OTA antenna. There is plenty of room to walk the pup, and even nice little lake to walk to. Restrooms and laundry ($1.50) clean. The owner is on site and is very helpful, he even help us replace our 30amp plug. The staff made us feel welcomed. The park reflects that they care as it is neat and well cared for. We will stay here anytime we are passing through the area. We camped at Bass Lake RV Campground in a Travel Trailer.

C4
Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $19.00

This is an overnight campground & there is lots of road noise. However the owner & staff were very friendly. You can wash your rig if you like. Very spacious sites in the overnight area but half have no sewer. Sites are grassy, water pressure excellent & there is a very pretty lake on property. We camped at Bass Lake RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Dillon is a typical small town. We were there over Easter Weekend & there was no nice place to eat an Easter dinner. There are plenty of fast food places, barbecue & a southern buffet restaurant that has ok food. I got my 1 ton truck, washed, vacuumed & paste waxed for $65 which I thought was an excellent value. The place is about one mile south on 301 once you go into town

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $18.00

We stayed 3 nights and really enjoyed our stay. The park is clean and the sites, particularly the pull-throughs, are spacious. The sites are grass and there is a lot of sand, but that is the nature of the property, not the fault of the owners. The grass sites are hard packed. We had no settling of tires of jacks, so we rated them high based on the type sites they are. A couple reviewers had complained about ants. We had no problem, although we often encounter ants at campgrounds and consider that inconvenience part and parcel of camping life. It rained very hard overnight while we were there. The ground can absorb only so much rain, then it puddles. Puddles (no ruts) were on the roads, but the sites seem to drain well. WIFi was weak, but if you make it known that it's important to you, the owners and staff are very accommodating in trying to place you where you will get the best possible signal. Note that the owners are actively working this problem. We were able to access WiFi from our site anytime we needed it. Overall, our total experience was very positive. We enjoyed interacting with the staff, and felt like we received way more than our money's worth. We'd definitely favor this park over others in the area and look forward to our next visit. We camped at Bass Lake RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Walmart, pharmacy, and grocery stores convenient to park.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $35.00

This is a good place to stop in transit on Rt 95. It is well kept, clean, with adequate space. There is a good laundry facility on site. It is gated at night. The staff was very friendly and we were led to our site. All the utilities seemed to be in very good shape although the water pressure was a bit low but adequate. Fuel and food is very close by and is typical of an interstate exit. There is a bit of road noise and the local airport seems to be busy in the late afternoon. All in all, we would certainly stop here again. It is very convenient as a transient stop. We camped in a fifth wheel. We camped at Bass Lake RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

2nd row

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $18.00

Small campground very convenient to highway and services. Price is right for PA discount. Location off I95 likely justifies the $36 no discounted rate. Sites were pretty level, although some were grass, some sand, and large trees created some pretty large roots across several sites. Grounds were clean, however, and hookups all worked.

We were able to get quite a few tv channels with our regular antenna. Wifi, however, is sketchy. Even within a few yards of the office, it was on and out. We heard that a long term camper has set up his own network which interferes with the campground setup. I had to resort to posting this review via my phone and never was successful in posting a photo to share.

The lady running the office was very nice. The store is sparse. No groceries, but everything is very close.

Although right next to interstate, we did not notice much road noise. Fishing lake seems to be biggest asset. No picnic table or fire rings on site.

Good overnight stop particularly if u can get the discounted rate. We camped at Bass Lake RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

None
Sand

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $18.00

Stayed one night. Nice park. Nice people just off the highway and easy to find. It was easy access from heading north on 95 but I don't think I could have made the tight u turn needed from the south bound exit in my 40 ft motor home with tow. Only used electric and stayed one night. We camped at Bass Lake RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Bass Lake RV Campground

Are you affiliated with Bass Lake RV Campground ?