Florence, South Carolina

Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA)

Recent Rate: $30 8/2015

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Phone Phone yes
  • Central Modem Central Modem yes
  • yes-lake Waterfront Waterfront yes-lake

drewcher

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $30.00

Easy on/off I-95 is the best I can say about this campground. There was some sort of motorcycle rally going on at nearby Darlington Track so the campground was packed. More campers would not have fit in even with a shoe-horn. Motorcyclists revving their bikes and playing loud music until way past midnight. Perhaps a less busy time would have been better, but we were near a permanent camper which was a huge eyesore. Sufficient for one night while traveling, but not for a vacation. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Travel Trailer.

BAR and Me

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $31.00

SUMMARY: DO NOT STAY HERE FOR LONG!

A family emergency sent us to Florence for 3 nights. Being the closest to the hospital it seemed to be the right place to park for a few days. They were very accomodating and nice in booking the site over the phone. As others have said, this is an old KOA... very, very old ex-KOA. The asphalt ends beside the office door and is replaced by dirt, mud, chipped up asphalt and potholes big enough to wash a dog in. Other than being old and not taken care of they have 3 issues that I saw. First it is a just one big sand field with little or no grass on the sites... ours had none. 2nd, they have a terrible infestation. Our camper was crawllilng with ants almost the entire 3 days. I did all the usual tricks to keep them out but there were just too many of them. 3rd, if you like old campers then this is a great place to see some... maybe some of the first campers created. There are rows of old, barely held together trailers side by side with with doublewides and dump trucks. I'd like to say something good about the place, but there's just nothing good to say about this one. They did have a picnic table but it was warped and rotting. They had a fire ring but it was a rusty old rim that was full of trash from the previous camper. Restrooms were pretty clean but very, very old and dated. This might be one of those you get what you pay for things but we'll pay more and drive further next time. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Travel Trailer.

moderate camper

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $37.00

Office staff was very friendly and accommodating. I was given direction to the site and was met by the owner who helped me get parked and level. Nice long site. I didn't have to unhook. Like the other reviews have said, this is a good place for an overnight stop. Easy on and off I-95. I wouldn't call this a destination CG. Site was a mix of gravel and sand. Some grass between overnight sites. Electric, water and water pressure and TV hook up worked flawlessly. Pool is very clean. Lots of bird droppings all over the ground. There are several long term residents who have not kept up their trailers. ATT and Verizon very strong both data and voice. Did not use the camp WiFi nor any of the bathrooms nor showers. (That's what self contained is all about). Picnic table was unusable. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Travel Trailer.

byrdr1

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $36.00

We stayed here on the way south on I-95, It was just OK. Site was fine. The place was about 1/2 full and it does have lots of I-95 road noise. Bathhouses were older and needed to be painted and cleaned up. I never looked into the showers but based on the bath room they were in the same shape. Glad I have my own bathhouse. Staff was friendly and helpful as I had a water related issue and they helped me out. This a easy on and off I-95 spot to stop and spend the night if need be. I would stay again if needed. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Fifth Wheel.

The next two exits towards Florence there are lots of restaurants to eat if needed. Fuel is on the same exit.

skiphen

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $36.00

This park is in a great location for easy on /off from I-95 . Entire park could sure some TLC from office to campground. Doesn't look like the owners are putting anything back into the park. Office stuff was very good getting us registered and to our site . Site was level, could never get cable to work. Looks like there are a lot of people staying here full time, the rig next to ours was had not been moved for years. Some sites had older trailers or Motorhomes with a lot of junk around them. Would use again for an overnight stay. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Motorhome.

RobertW

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $32.00

This is an OK stay for a night while traveling I95. The overnight sites are easy to get in and out. They are level but have a few shallow holes. The restrooms while usable are pretty old and dilapidated. Big drawback is the price. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Motorhome.

Fulltimersrv

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $32.00

Flat level ground making it great for big rigs. Easy access to I-95 and many campers came in and stayed for one night. We stayed a week in a travel trailer. The dog run was very small. Water pressure was good. Cable had limited channels. Wifi was okay. This was a Good Sam park. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Travel Trailer.

chillaxing

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $35.00

This place was clean, nice small pool, big clubhouse with a pool table and a few items in its store. Nice people who greeted us and gave us a map to our site. Sites are close together. They have shade and open sites, small cabins to rent, small lake to fish (catch and release). Seemed like a few people live there in their RVs. Not sure I'd stay here again since the sites were real close, sides and front. My slide out ended up almost over the man's dog fence he put out for his dog. Okay for an overnight I guess. Safe enough. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Motorhome.

pollypoo

Date of Stay: April, 2014 - $36.00

Nice Campground. Close to I-95 easy off and on with trees. Large campground. Plenty of grounds to walk dogs. Pole are friendly. Had problems with cable (it was after 6 PM) but they came and fixed it in a matter of minutes. Will camp there again on our way to Florida. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Travel Trailer.

User3404

Date of Stay: April, 2014 - $35.00

Nice grounds but lots of road noise from I-95 traffic. Our site was extremely unlevel with lots of tree branches above ground. Too much dirt and sand at sites. Probably won't stop there again. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Fifth Wheel.

delacamper

Date of Stay: March, 2014 - $36.00

This campground is close to I-95 and also comes with the noise from the traffic. The sites are dirt, sand, and some stone. It's a nice park but there are things that could be done to improve it. Lots of trees and roots in and around the site making it hard to walk or level the rig. Cable TV was terrible and not worth watching. Internet was spotty. It does have a nice storage facility for those needing to leave their rigs. Nice folks that run the park. Just didn't feel the park was worth the price but just my opinion. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Fifth Wheel.

Joyce and Gene Whitley

Date of Stay: February, 2014 - $40.00

They had been through an ice storm just prior to our arrival. That said - they need to get some gravel on the roads and sites and hire some staff. Loud (drunken) arguing right in front of office was not stopped. A lot of full timers with a lot of junk around sites. Would overnight here again only if we had too. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Motorhome.

xarmoreddriver

Date of Stay: December, 2013 - $32.00

Decent overnight park with easy on/off 95. Utilities were placed well in the site and worked correctly. Cable is standard with 18 channels received. Long pull-throughs available, with the one we had on row L required no leveling. Small store and friendly staff and they sell propane too. Some road noise but it died down. We would stop again if back this way. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Fifth Wheel.

leciel19

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $32.00

This is an older park right off of I-95 that has a lot of semi-permanent residents. We were here a week and the location is close to downtown Florence and the extensive hospital complexes as well as to eateries and the Pee Dee Area Farmers Market, which is open every day of the year and is a drive through that features local products and fresh vegetables during season. The park is quiet with a pond with a catch and release pond, numerous ducks that come right up to get a bread handout, a clean swimming pool, and clean playground. There's a lot of acreage here and tho it is old, the bathrooms were clean and well maintained. The 2 main drawbacks is that the cable is lousy with limited channels. Although there is a lot of shade, the huge oak trees have "eaten" the grass and with a lot of rain, there are a lot of gullies and muddy areas. It was very difficult to level the RV. They need to regrade many of their sites and put in new gravel. The picnic tables are old and it would be better to not even have them. The concrete slabs need cleaning as well. There's not much selection in regard to RV parks here so it is doable but hopefully they will make some improvements before the next trip. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Fifth Wheel.

kingfish1

Date of Stay: April, 2013 - $36.00

I stayed here a year ago for an overnight and tried it again. It is a different place than it was. There are a lot of full time locals living here now. Wi-Fi was non existent and cable TV was grainy. I didn't feel safe here. I won't go back. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA)?