Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA)

Florence, South Carolina

1115 E Campground Rd
Florence, South Carolina 29506

• Phone Phone yes
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?

Ask fellow campers about "Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA)" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $50.00

Just a basic RV park but it does have 50 amp, sewer and pull through sites. Only there for a night but camper neighbors warned us regarding drinking the water. AC ran all night otherwise the Interstate 95 traffic noise would have been an issue. They told us they had a pool when we booked in April, but by arrival in July the pool was lime green and closed. No WIFI, No cable. As a one nighter, it was easy to get to and just fine. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $32.00

Campground was right off the highway and is fine for just an overnight stay. Picnic table was broken and patio was unswept. Canadian geese left droppings on sites. There is no cable and WiFi was poor. We were able to pick up a few channels on our antenna. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Fifth Wheel.

F6

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $38.00

Nice stop on 95 easy in easy out. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Motorhome.

Stayed here 2 times and broke down both times when leaving hope it was just bad luck..

LJC

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $38.00

No cable, but could use antenna and satellite. A lot of duck droppings. Park needs updating. Picnic tables very old. Water line needs replacing. Pool was clean and staff very friendly. Very hot night we were there so did not spend time outdoors. Fine for overnight stay. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Motorhome.

L12

Featured Campgrounds Near Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA)

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $33.00

I agree with last post, easy on/off I-95 but not a destination. There is no cable and explanation given is most people have satellite. As I look around I do not see many rigs that fall in that category, ours included. The cable is very poor. I was able to get my email nothing more. I am currently using my Verizon cell service. Once past the office the roads have many potholes and the sites are sand so you will need an outdoor rug. There are geese & ducks but I did not find geese droppings. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Motorhome.

Sand

Poor Conditions

8 miles away are major restaurant chains and stores.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $37.00

The only positive comment I can make is that this campground is very accessible from I-95 and is easy to get into. The sites are dirt...patios intermittently. The pool was opened and looked clean, but no one was swimming. Contrary to their ad in the Good Sam book, there is NO cable, so be prepared. When it was KOA , there was cable. We were able to get a few antenna channels. People do not pick up after their dogs and to make matters worse, there are geese roaming the park and leaving their waste behind. The sidewalk to the registration building had geese waste on it and I almost stepped in it. Definitely not a destination campground. We will not return to this campground. We camped here in a motorhome. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $40.00

This is an older park, the restrooms by the office were older and in need of cleaning, painting and upgrade. Sites were sandy, not very level. Stayed overnight on the way to Florida, it is very convenient to I95... but that convenience brings noise from trucks on 95. Sites were tight. There were mature trees to provide shade in the summer. I would come back as an overnight stay again, but I don't see this as a destination type campground. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Travel Trailer.

L7
Sand

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $60.00

The park was very clean. The pool, store and bathrooms were well maintained, somewhat dated but clean. WiFi was adequate, no cable service, but I didn't stay here for cable. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. This was our first time here, I'm sure it won't be our last. Lots of NASCAR folks camping here. Great place for the family. The pool was very clean and although we didn't use it, there were many folks that did. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Travel Trailer.

F-10
Sand, Grass

Darlington Raceway (approx. 9 miles), easy to get to and easy to get back from. The grocery store (IGA) was a couple of miles away, easy access too.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $40.00

This could be a campground I wanted to spend time at but no, we were just over nighters but when driving in I was impressed. From an over nighters view this is my observation. Not very dish friendly and although they have cable, it's barely tv. The sites in need of repair, the ones were we were anyway, not very level and the utilities rough. My biggest issue has to to with campers.... CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR DOGS have to watch your step everywhere, bad campers... Even as bad as that is the campground should make an effort to clean up. Wanted to stay, but couldn't. Sorry. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Motorhome.

L-12

Date of Stay: December, 2015 - $37.00

We stayed here in a motorhome and pulling a 24' trailer. They had an 80' sight that would accommodate us. The sites are close to each other. When we opened our slid out, there was only a foot between us and the small pull behind camper's Awning, that was extended, next to us. There were several open sites, but they said that this site was the longest. The sites are level. They had ducks and geese galore. Lots of geese droppings. The roads inside the park were rock and mud, and sand. We needed just an overnighter. This was o.k. It was easy to maneuver with our coach (43') toeing a (24') trailer. It is just off of I-95. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Motorhome.

L-14

Date of Stay: December, 2015 - $33.00

We have stayed here many times and while the park is clean the cable tv is hit & miss and WIFI always lousy. Tonight cable tv does not work and Wifi is so bad I am using my Verizon cellular to write this review. When we return from our trip we will be looking for another location to camp. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Motorhome.

l08

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $30.00

Stayed here for one night on the way to the beach. We chose electric and water only because it was $5 cheaper. Cable tv was available but you needed a special connector. This is not a destination campground but does the job for a stay over. Near I-95 and near road to Myrtle Beach. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Motorhome.

F-4

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $30.00

Easy on/off I-95 is the best I can say about this campground. There was some sort of motorcycle rally going on at nearby Darlington Track so the campground was packed. More campers would not have fit in even with a shoe-horn. Motorcyclists revving their bikes and playing loud music until way past midnight. Perhaps a less busy time would have been better, but we were near a permanent camper which was a huge eyesore. Sufficient for one night while traveling, but not for a vacation. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $37.00

Office staff was very friendly and accommodating. I was given direction to the site and was met by the owner who helped me get parked and level. Nice long site. I didn't have to unhook. Like the other reviews have said, this is a good place for an overnight stop. Easy on and off I-95. I wouldn't call this a destination CG. Site was a mix of gravel and sand. Some grass between overnight sites. Electric, water and water pressure and TV hook up worked flawlessly. Pool is very clean. Lots of bird droppings all over the ground. There are several long term residents who have not kept up their trailers. ATT and Verizon very strong both data and voice. Did not use the camp WiFi nor any of the bathrooms nor showers. (That's what self contained is all about). Picnic table was unusable. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Travel Trailer.

Gravel, Sand

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $31.00

SUMMARY: DO NOT STAY HERE FOR LONG!

A family emergency sent us to Florence for 3 nights. Being the closest to the hospital it seemed to be the right place to park for a few days. They were very accomodating and nice in booking the site over the phone. As others have said, this is an old KOA... very, very old ex-KOA. The asphalt ends beside the office door and is replaced by dirt, mud, chipped up asphalt and potholes big enough to wash a dog in. Other than being old and not taken care of they have 3 issues that I saw. First it is a just one big sand field with little or no grass on the sites... ours had none. 2nd, they have a terrible infestation. Our camper was crawllilng with ants almost the entire 3 days. I did all the usual tricks to keep them out but there were just too many of them. 3rd, if you like old campers then this is a great place to see some... maybe some of the first campers created. There are rows of old, barely held together trailers side by side with with doublewides and dump trucks. I'd like to say something good about the place, but there's just nothing good to say about this one. They did have a picnic table but it was warped and rotting. They had a fire ring but it was a rusty old rim that was full of trash from the previous camper. Restrooms were pretty clean but very, very old and dated. This might be one of those you get what you pay for things but we'll pay more and drive further next time. We camped at Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) in a Travel Trailer.

L

Featured Campgrounds Near Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA)

Are you affiliated with Florence RV Park (formerly Florence KOA) ?