Springwood RV Park

800 Donaldson Rd
Greenville, South Carolina 29605

• Big Rig Access Big Rig Access no
  • Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no

Ask fellow campers about "Springwood RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $36.00

The campground is convenient to downtown Greenville and the WiFi was good. The site was not particularly level so we had to try a couple of times -still didn't get quite there. This is an older campground with gravel sites and no other amenities. There seem to be several permanent residents, but overall the place is pretty clean. Good for an overnight stop. We camped at Springwood RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $36.00

checked in on a sunday, no one there but they left detailed info on which site to use, very easy, no problems. The site was level, and most of the other site looked equally level. There are many full timers here but the place is kept pretty clean and tidy with plenty of shade trees. wifi worked well and we got a few stations on the TV. The place is about 10 miles from downtown Greenville. There is a train, we heard it once, they say it passes thru 3-5 times a week. Easy access to the camp and when we did meet management they were helpful and friendly. We liked the place. We camped at Springwood RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $35.00

The park has new managers. That's good. A great deal of work is currently underway to upgrade the park. Much has been done and much more is planned. Given a little time this will transform into an excellent park. We camped at Springwood RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $10.00

I moved in for long term. I checked out all RV parks in Greenville. Of all of them, this was the best value. I saw reviews on the old manager and they were not good. However, they have new management. Very nice and extremely helpful staff. I see improvements being done all the time. They recently paved, took down dead trees, and really cleaned the place up. A lot of people say it's not a safe neighborhood, they are so wrong. I feel very safe here. Tenants here are very polite and quiet. I really like it here and I'm so glad I chose Springwood. Best of all, it's right in the middle of everywhere. Close to everywhere. As far as the train is concerned, It's not bad either. Last train runs through at 9:30 pm. Normally the conductors will blow their horn in short increments. I made the right decision to stay here. Rent rates are $325 a month and you pay your own power. Water, septic, trash, and wifi are all free. They have different rates for temporary campers. From what I understand they are reasonable on those as well. I hope that if you decide to read old reviews you will take into consideration that it was under old management. It is nothing like the old reviews I read here. You should give them a try. You will be very happy with it now. They are even planning a potluck supper meet for all tenants this month. Great way to know your neighbors. You won't find anything better or affordable. Happy Camping Y'all!! We camped at Springwood RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Grass

Mostly Shady, Covered Forested

There are so many places close by. I couldn't even begin to list them all.

Featured Campgrounds Near Springwood RV Park

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $25.00

This is a combination mobile home park and RV park. They are in the process of converting it to all RV sites. The road in was good, the roads in the park do have a few tight turns, especially if cars are parked a little in the road. The park is mostly well kept up, with construction going on it is a little cluttered looking at the moment. The sites in the front part of the park are pretty close together. In the back of the park they are a little wider. Check in was fast and friendly. We were in Site 97, a gravel and grass back in with full hook-ups.

We arrived in the middle of the cold snap that was crossing the country and the water spout was frozen. The maintenance guy came right over and started heating it up to thaw it. The site was fairly level and long enough for our 37-foot Class A and parking the car, and plenty wide enough, we had no problem storing our tow-dolly on site. There is a train track that runs right down the middle of the park but we only heard it a couple of times a day and the latest they ran was around 9:30 at night. There are not a lot of places on site to walk the dog but large fields across the street. We stayed January 3 - 10, 2017 and paid $25.00 a night with their weekly rate. We camped at Springwood RV Park in a Motorhome.

Site 97

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $45.00

manager rude, very unhelpful, hardly in office, closed during hours of operation, hard to get in touch with, withholds deposit on electrical, over charges as well as double charges on electrical bill, will ask you to auto pay on rent as well as electrical bill to avoid doing the job she's supposed be hired to do, will evict you if you're not to her liking, very unfriendly and rude, will not give out owner's information to be able to contact him if you have complaint against her , trains pass through late at nite blaring thier horns. We camped at Springwood RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Asphalt, Gravel, Dirt, Grass
Not big enough for my travel trailer

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Don't rent here

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $30.00

This park has potential, and it was adequate for our purposes of a weekend stay, but I would not be happy for the long term. The spaces are very narrow and all the sites and roads are full of loose gravel and potholes on one side of the park. The other side is all on grass, although the roads around that area are a little wider and paved. Many of the other RVs look like permanent residents and are old and run down. I will say that the manager was extremely friendly and accommodating. The site they tried to put us into was at a very weird angle and after struggling for 1/2 hr trying to line it up to back in, the manager shuffled some things around and decided to give us a pull thru. She told us to go to one, and we had to drive around the bend several times before we could get the right angle to approach it. By then, she changed her mind and asked us to take a different site 2 spaces over. We drove around the bend again, and then she remembered she had a really huge bus coming in and couldn't give us that spot. So she moved us adjacent to the office. I'm not even sure this is a real spot, but there was electric, water and sewer hookups, so I won't complain. I would not stay here again if I had a choice. We camped at Springwood RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

no number

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Greenville is a great place with many things to do. This campground is adequate if you don't plan to spend a lot of time at the campground.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $34.00

Mostly (95%) fulltime residents in an industrial part of town with railroad tracks thru the park and adjacent to the airport. Sites are small, very unlevel and 90 degrees to the main road with residents cars parked down both sides of the road. Extremely difficult to back in. Neighboring dogs (not in the park) barked constantly. I would only stay again if I had no other choice. They did have good utilities but were oddly placed and I had to use 30' of sewer hose. Camper parking is recent construction with much mud covered with straw, crushed stone mixed with sand pads. Lot's of stuff to track into the RV. Fulltime resident sites much better but unavailable for short term rental. Had to park toad along fence at front of park and between utility trailers they appeared to have for sale. We camped at Springwood RV Park in a Motorhome.

New section
Gravel, Dirt, Sand
Not big enough for my motorhome

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $32.00

This is a clean, tidy, RV Park close to Greenville with good access to major roads. Majority are permanent residents.

We have camped there a number of times to visit our grandchildren and could not be happier. The AC power is good, nice water with good pressure and tidy sewer hook ups. Park is in a rundown industrial area but do not be put off. Springwood is a little oasis.

No swings, no playground, no pool. It is not a destination spot. If you want a good, safe, clean and well run stopover - you have found it. We camped at Springwood RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $20.00

This is a well maintained, clean RV park. The owner couldn't be more helpful! It's only a 6 mile drive to downtown Greenville. Oh yes, there us a railroad track at the end of the park, but only goes by twice a day, which is no biggie! On the other side of the tracks is a mobile home park, which appears a bit run down, but since I'm not staying there, I really don't care. The price is excellent and know we will enjoy the rest of our stay! We camped at Springwood RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $32.00

I stayed here for a week while in the area. The park is quiet and the hookups worked well. The office personnel were nice enough to help me back in. However, the area is very run down and I found myself concerned with the safety of the area. First time I have locked my doors religiously while in my RV. The wifi was fair. I could not use it to work or watch movies, but could use it to browse the internet. I use Verizon to stay online for work and cellular strength here was mid-par, I dropped sometimes and had low connectivity other times. This was an extremely well-priced place to stay but does require some driving to get to stores.

My site was well shaded and the concrete pad was nice. The park did leave some boards down to help with leveling. We camped at Springwood RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $30.00

Hate to give anyone a poor review, but we have to agree with the previous reviews of this park.

Although it's fairly close to I-85, coming in from the north of Greenville on US 25 it was a long, long way through downtown traffic at rush hour, to Springwood RV Park which sits on the south side of town.

The park is in a commercial area with an airport on one side, an 18-wheel freight terminal on the second side, a run-down mobile park on the third side, and a railroad track on the fourth side - immediately alongside the park; the train at midnight almost blasted us out of bed.

The park is at least 90% full-timers, a lot of whom are still working-age, and has a mix of really dilapidated RV's alongside some really nice ones. Sites were almost totally back-in's with very narrow streets and residents' cars parallel parked on both sides, making it a challenge to back in.

Utilities worked well, but cleanliness left something to be desired. We had to pick up bit of trash and some old rusty camping gear (screw anchors) before we could back in. Cigarette butts were plentiful in the grass.

A bit noisy early in the evening, it quieted down totally by the 10 PM quite time (except for the train) and the residents were all very nice to us.

The only amenity is a small office with a very nice older gentleman who showed us a couple of sites when we checked in.

It seems to be run as an RV extension of the the mobile park, where the residents are totally responsible for the maintenance of their lots and it needs better cleanliness in general.

It's like spending the night in an old mobile home park right next to the tracks.

If we really had to stay in Greenville (there aren't many choices), we could stay here again, but we'd probably keep on going if we had a choice. We camped at Springwood RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $26.00

There is a reason there is no picture on their website. The park is extremely run down with a lot of very old mobile homes and RVs of permanent residents. The park is also in a run-down area of town. No amenities. The only plus I can give is that the manager was a very nice man. Would not stay here again. We camped at Springwood RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $35.00

A most disappointing park. Almost entirely permanent residents. RVs were in a section of an antiquated mobile home park. Pull-thrus, one of which we had, required driving across a field to access a site on the other side. The site itself was gravel, mostly level and somewhat narrow. No services, store, restroom facility (which we wouldn't use anyway), playground, dedicated dog walk, etc., etc. I suppose that "run down" would fit this park very well. We camped at Springwood RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2007 - $28.00

Two words - stay away. Overpriced and not clean and did not appear to be safe although we had no problems. They have a brochure that makes it look great, but it's made up of mobile home parks in a bad part of town. Not close or convenient to anything, not close to the interstate. We were just passing through. Will never stay here again, it is about 14.00 higher than it should be. We camped at Springwood RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Springwood RV Park

Are you affiliated with Springwood RV Park ?