The Barnyard RV Park

Lexington, South Carolina

sharkteeth

Have stayed here often. Easy access from I20 or I26. Pull thru sites with full hookups. Clean. Staff always friendly and helpful. We forgot a door mat one stay, called them and they picked it up and put it away for us. Six months later, on our next visit, we picked it up. Adjacent to a flea market open on weekends. Great price. Recently has filled up on our visits, even during the week, so reservations would be recommended. We camped at The Barnyard RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

HRambler

We have used this campground as an overnight stop several times. The sites are short and mostly open sky, I could leave my car attached but barely. I put out orange cones as my MH mirror and car bumper were at the roads. They said to call ahead and make reservations for a longer site. It has dirt/gravel pads. The office staff was very pleasant and helped me find an emergency service person for my AC that would come to the campground. We camped at The Barnyard RV Park in a Motorhome.

TheSoggyLog

The sites are mostly sand/grass. Quite a few ants so be sure to spray. The one I was given was pretty tight due to evasive trees that I nearly had to cut back myself to get my awning to extend and to not have a mess on top of my slides. I asked for a 50 amp and was told only 30 was available, so I had no choice. I was told that I would be given a phone call as soon as a 50 amp was available. 3 weeks, and no phone call, even though there were plenty of other open spots. All of their monthlys are full, and they will not give you a monthly rate if you ask for it, just because you are not in a "monthly" spot. Good laundry facilities. The dumpsters had maggots and were always disgusting. Good for a few nights passing through but, not for extended stay. Not a whole lot of activities in the area, other than the flea market next door but, that's good for about 30 min of amusement. We camped at The Barnyard RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Novots

We chose this campground based on the good reviews on Good Sam and this site. We were disappointed. Our site was mostly dirt, the grass hadn't been mowed, and the dumpster was very dirty. We did not use the restrooms or showers so I can not comment on that. This park is good for an overnight if you are passing through, however I would not stay here beyond that. We camped at The Barnyard RV Park in a Motorhome.

User3511

The office staff was very friendly, she went beyond the normal just to accommodate us. The park is very clean, convenient to the interstate. The pull-through site was long enough that we didn't have to unhook the car and was wide enough to put out all the sides with no problem. We have a 36 ft RV pulling a car. We camped at The Barnyard RV Park in a Motorhome.

beatcop49

This is my first time camping so I really have nothing or any other campgrounds to compare it to. We stopped in here on our way to Texas. We choose this one to stop at because of its high ratings with Good Sam. Our gamble paid off. This is a clean, manicured campground and very quiet. The hookups are all that you would need. Check-in was a breeze, as we had already made reservations. Personnel were very nice and friendly. There are showers, and bathrooms available. A map was provided for us. There is a small camping supply store in the general office. Our site wasn't paved, but it was level. Concrete pad and a picnic table right outside our door. All in all, well pleased with this place. It made our very first night camping very enjoyable. We will use this one again, on our way back home. We camped at The Barnyard RV Park in a Motorhome.

dandg

We stayed here a few months while visiting family. This is a nice clean park with good utilities and level sites. Each site has a picnic table on a concrete pad and many of the sites has shade. The roads are paved but are in need of repair. The easiest way in and out of the park is through the flea market parking lot off of US-1. We would stay here again. We camped at The Barnyard RV Park in a Motorhome.

Dale T

Older park which was decent for a overnight stay. Site was level but was close to train tracks. We camped at The Barnyard RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Tom Horgan

This is a good park for one overnight. The Flea Market next door and the high number of "permanents" detracts from the park. Very friendly staff; Wi-Fi is Tengo which is not worth the cost. We camped at The Barnyard RV Park in a Motorhome.

Spike in FL

Wifi is Tengo, which is pretty useless. RV park is next to a flea market, which might be fun on a weekend. Large, level grassy sites. Very large number of long term workers here that leave for work between 5 and 7 A.M. It seems as though they all drive diesel duallys - at least, that's how it sounded to me. They have to drive by the short term sites to get out of the park, so I didn't miss any of them. It might not have been so noisy if I'd had the a/c or heat on. Clean, nice staff, great for an overnighter. We camped at The Barnyard RV Park in a Motorhome.

K&L from PA

We stayed in the extended stay area for 1 month. The entire place reminded us of a trailer park especially the extended stay area. Our site was just adequate in size for our 31'TT and 2 vehicles. Site was sand/dirt with little grass.The laundry was so inadequate that we went to a laundromat instead. Not much in office, but there are stores nearby. Staff friendly. No amenities unless you count the flea market. We weren't impressed at all. The site fee was affordable otherwise we wouldn't have stayed. This park would be ok for a short stay if you didn't have kids. We probably won't stay here again.The pictures are misleading. Not a rolling country hill to be found and the park office isn't identified until you get right up to the door. We camped at The Barnyard RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Living the Dream

This is the kind of overnight park we like. We were here during the week so it was quiet. If you come when the Flea Market is opened, it can be very busy. Nice wide grassy and level pull thru sites. Park very clean, even in the back area where there are full time residents. Verizon Hot Spot worked well. Lots of nice room to walk the dog. The laundry room was clean, the rest rooms, a little dated but OK. Clear view for our satellite. It is 3 miles off of I-20, but not a bad drive. We would stay here again. We camped at The Barnyard RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tierney

We used this park as a one nighter on a cross country trip. I never personally met any of the office staff as I made the reservation the day of our stay over the phone and we arrived after office hours. The woman I spoke to on the phone was very friendly and left our welcome packet on the message board. The only problem we had was missing the entrance to the park, it was not well marked. Our campsite was a easy in/out, gravel, level pull through site with good hookups and good water pressure. There are no security gates into the park. We would overnight here again. We camped at The Barnyard RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

mcguyvered

Site could have been cleaner. Gravel soft. Great pet walking. Good grocery, garage sale and shop area. "Lizard" restaurant excellent and reasonably priced. We camped at The Barnyard RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

elmerfudd

Lots of liveaboards in this RV park, but they are mostly in the "back 40." Sites are packed sand and gravel, but level. Piggly-Wiggly close. No security (open entrance/exit). People at the desk were pleasant, but disinterested. Warning: Wi-Fi is Tengo. You only get one day free and then they try and soak you. We have stayed here for a few days each winter for the last seven years. We camped at The Barnyard RV Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with The Barnyard RV Park?