Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

• Pond Pond yes
  • Ocean Ocean yes
  • Water Park Water Park yes

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $41.00

This is a beautiful park, possibly the best we have ever stayed in, and we have been travelling for over 10 years. Very clean, level sites, excellent services, friendly staff, huge clean laundromat, and right on a beautiful beach! We came for a night and stayed three! We camped at Ocean Lakes Family Campground in a Motorhome.

I 68

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $54.00

Loved this campground! We stayed at few sections back from the beach under some nice shade trees. The campsites are situated to face the afternoon sun, so being under a tree definitely helped as the sun is pretty strong on the camping side, even with awnings out. The site we were on had a dirt base with some roots. It was fairly level and we had no issues leveling our rig. Many of the sites had concrete pads, the details of each site (trees, whether or not there is a pad, and size) are listed when you book online.

We had good utility connections... 50 amp power, water and sewer. We also had cable TV connection. We had an issue with the cable, and told them and within minutes someone showed up to fix it.. great service!

One thing that surprised me was there was no fire pit at each campsite... we noticed some campers brought their own portable fire pit... so if you plan to cook s'mores, remember to bring your own fire pit!

We rented a golf cart and enjoyed zipping around this huge property. You can park them right at the beach entrance. There were several beach entrances, each one had a shower and ample golf cart parking. If you come here, definitely plan to rent the golf cart (or bring your own)... it is the best way to get around. They told us there were like 29 miles of streets and roads within the property.

We did use the bathroom facilities a few times ... showers were modern, clean and good water flow. I would recommend this campground in the Spring or Fall... I was told that during the summer it is quite noisy and crowded. We camped at Ocean Lakes Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Rent a golf cart... definitely worth it! If hot weather is expected, you may want to choose a shady spot near the rear of the campground as the sun is pretty hot on your rig if you are close to the beach.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $80.00

Stayed 5 nights on friends recommendation. Nice level concrete pads near the beach. Checked in after dark. Very difficult to find our site, many sharp turns. Management should have an escort to show folks that are unfamiliar with property to their site. They should also advise people to unhook towed vehicles prior to proceeding to their site. We camped at Ocean Lakes Family Campground in a Motorhome.

2039

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $80.00

We have stayed here for a week or so for many years, but this year we definitely saw a change in the park. Started with the check in process. Usually they're so friendly, but this year the young lady who checked me in was so bored with her job the only thing she said to me was "Next!" We stood there and looked at each other until I finally said I'm here to check in. After that she asked me my name and what my site number was - I guess I thought she'd know. They had run out of campground maps in the other lines, but I was lucky enough to get her last one. Lots of signs telling you to take care of your coolers, bikes, etc., as there had been some incidents. Golf carts everywhere being driven by kids who were nowhere near 16, nor with an adult. Our site was just big enough for us to fit once we found out who owned the truck and golf cart that was parked there for their convenience. On the bright side they were very nice and did move out of the way. Garbage was left by the previous camper and not picked up until the next day. Spot was nice and close to the beach which is why we go, can't beat the view. We camped at Ocean Lakes Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $85.00

This park is very tight space wise, roads are narrow. Suppose to be one way, but cars and golf carts go both ways. The golf carts are everywhere; they are driven like there are no rules of the road. It is a very dangerous park to walk around in. Carts drive across campsites; security seems to do nothing about it. Yet, at the pool I have never heard such rude lifeguards and so many whistles. It has a nice pool area, but with the huge amount of sites it is very crowded all the time. We will not return. We camped at Ocean Lakes Family Campground in a Motorhome.

K60

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $80.00

This is our third time at Ocean Lakes (2005 and 2011). Since our last visit, they have added an impressive water park and improved their wifi. Sites are relatively wide (at least in 4000 section, maybe less so near the beach) but not long. It is pricey, but there is so much on offer. Even had on-site RV service (installation of vents). Still one of our favorites. Biggest irritant - nightly fireworks being set off around 10 pm by whomever on the beach with impunity. So inconsiderate of people trying to sleep. We camped at Ocean Lakes Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Sand

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $85.00

Park had cars and trucks everywhere parked in the road and Ocean Lakes puts cones up and allows certain people to get away with it even if it is against policy. Loud and hard to sleep since noise is almost 24/7 if it is not the tourist it is the people remodeling their homes. No dumpsters and throwing trash in the street. Remodeling they started hammering at 8 and hammered all day. Threw debris in the street and had OL yellow cones marking it so tourist could drive around. They even put up barricades in the road at night to protect homes that were being remodeled but making cars drive around the park cars. Save your money and go somewhere better. Armed robberies and break ins while I was visiting, money, jewelry and coolers being stolen every minute. I had someone trying to break in and security told me I was tempting them by having a lock on my trailer. Blame me for your robberies!! We camped at Ocean Lakes Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

HH
Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

go to another park

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $96.00

I think this campground has spoiled me, and most definitely my 4 year old, and others may have a hard time competing. For us, it's comfortable, convenient, and clean. My husband is a totally and permanently disabled vet and I'm a RN, so even though we live near the beach in NC, we go here for a stress-free escape. And it really is that. You can keep to yourself, or there's enough activities to keep you entertained. My 4 year old loves the water play area and literally gets upset when we have to leave for home. The store is convenient and the little food places are actually decent. The only issue we had with this stay (we've stayed before and have 2 future dates already booked), is that the WiFi really didn't work. This might not be an issue for some, but my husband is usually taking online courses and depends on working WiFi. We camped at Ocean Lakes Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Sand, Grass

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $97.00

Good location. Our site was 6 spots from the beach. There was one tree next to it but that wasn't much shade. Windy so the awning had to be put in more than out. Concrete pad but still not level. However, it drained well. For the money I'd like to see a little more room between sites. Our site wasn't long enough for both the MH and our car. Rogue fireworks on the beach every night. Security said it wasn't their jurisdiction and the police won't do anything about it until after 11. The golf carts are all over the place, like ants, and just as annoying. We certainly won't be back during the summer, perhaps later when the kids area ll in school. We camped at Ocean Lakes Family Campground in a Motorhome.

2026

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $85.00

We live 1 mile from the beach in NC but my wife has to have her time @ Ocean Lakes. We always try to go twice a yr, always fun. We camped at Ocean Lakes Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Lot of things to in area, shop, swim, golf, eat & drink beer.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $85.00

3rd year staying here and we love it. We camped at Ocean Lakes Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

I

Book a year in advanced for sites close to the beach.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $85.00

We have come to Myrtle Beach 3 times in the last 4 years. Twice here and once at another competitor. Prefer Ocean Lakes by a ton. Yes it is big, yes there are lots of golf cars running around, but at the quiet time it gets quiet. Steps from the beach and never had a problem with anything coming up missing. We are going back in June 0f 2018. Nothing beats toes in the sand and a beverage in the hand. The water park is superb, but get there early if you want a chair in the shade. We camped at Ocean Lakes Family Campground in a Motorhome.

I51

If you are a beginning golfer, head to Midway Par 3 a few miles to the north. All the holes are less that 90 yards and they will loan you clubs. We took our wedge and putter and had a blast.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $65.00

We are from Spain and we have been touring the United States for three years with our motorhome. We have stayed here for several years and the comment is the same: it is a magnificent camping. Well more than camping is a resort. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. It is very big with which you have to move in golf carts, you can rent them there, but they are expensive, or move in your car. Will be back is one of our favorites. We camped at Ocean Lakes Family Campground in a Motorhome.

H
Concrete, Grass

Nearby is Camping World, Walmart, and The Home Depot, etc, everything. Good restaurants nearby and everything you can think of from a tourist site like Myrtle Beach.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $43.00

Enjoyed staying here and relax. We were close to the beach. It is an excellent place for family to camp. Since this is off-season, the outside pool, splash pool were closed. We camped at Ocean Lakes Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $38.00

Huge park. Could get very busy in summer. Was very full over Thanksgiving Day week end. Lots were near each other and mostly shady. Sites were dirt and had a picnic table.

This is a big business campground. Several other campgrounds within 2 or 3 miles. All major. We camped at Ocean Lakes Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Beautiful beach area in a 5 minute walk. Amusement park and water park in 5 minute walk all part of the park.

Are you affiliated with Ocean Lakes Family Campground ?