Devil's Fork State Park

Recent Rate: $23 11/2014

• Big Rig Access Big Rig Access no
  • Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Electric (50 AMP) Electric (50 AMP) no
  • Sewer Sewer no

gsc66

Date of Stay: November, 2014 - $23.00

I stayed here for several days and had reservations for more, but left early for other reasons. The camp ground areas are very nice with a lake in the mountains with good views. I have a 40' pusher and while I made it through both loops, loop #1 is extremely tight and 40's in my view shouldn't be allowed on this loop and originally in #41. Loop #2 is better and finally stayed on site #15. 30 amp hook up worked as it should and has water, but didn't use as I'm already winterized. The views are nice, roads paved, extra pad for a tent and gravel, wooded, picnic table, fire ring, and nicely cleared for rear overhang of the pusher. Originally, I was in loop #1, site #41, site is easy to back into (once in that area), but a large oak wouldn't allow for awnings to be put out on the passenger side of the coach, the Ranger quickly agreed to move me to loop #2, with about 3 sites for my size, I chose site #15. The sites on this weekend in this park were about 95% occupied with everything you can imagine. The State Park shop was about the best I've seen to date and PR's friendly. The drive lanes were covered with leaves and difficult to see the drive through the loops, which again, are supper narrow, but I'll chalk that up to all the leaves falling this time of year and harder to keep up with to keep clean. My main issue with this S/P other than the tight fit is that the interior of the showers/restrooms needing a major make over with additions to hang your clothes, towels, shampoo and soap, etc. The sinks in the restroom area also need a major update. The shower/restroom area was somewhat cleaned each day, but a bit more time spent on it could have improved this. I did use the showers in the morning and night, of course the restrooms at various times of the day during my stay. If the restrooms/showers were in better condition, I would have rated my stay to 9, but rating it at 5 just for this issue. I'm referencing the loop #2 RR/shower area. We camped at Devil's Fork State Park in a Motorhome.

budolemiss

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $25.00

This state park is located on beautiful Lake Jocassee. The park was difficult to get into with our 35 ft motorhome. The road leading into the park is very tight. The sites are very close together and most are not level. The park does not enforce the dog leash rule. We have a small dog and across from our site were four large dogs who were never on a leash. The bathrooms were clean but old and needed updating. THe positive was the lake. We took a pontoon boat tour from a private company and that was the highlight of our stay at Devil's Fork. We camped at Devil's Fork State Park in a Motorhome.

210jem

Date of Stay: October, 2013 - $23.00

Park is on a bluff overlooking Jocassee Lake with a few lake view sites, but most sites in the thick woods, and the lake views are poor until leaves fall. Some sites level, many have some slant. The sites are fine gravel with water and 30 amp electricity close beside the sites. The CG paved roads are narrow, irregular and windy with large riff-raff rocks lining them so careful driving is needed. Nice bath houses with tiled floors and nice showers, but a bit tired and counters definitely need to be spiffed up. The lake has many boat landings and pavalions which are closed for end of season. Canoes and kayaks for rent. The large beautiful lake is part of the Duke power company electrical generation system. Fine for over night and for campers with boats and for swimming. Give it a 7 for difficult CG roads. We camped at Devil's Fork State Park in a Motorhome.

trav

Date of Stay: October, 2013 - $25.00

I was traveling north on SC11 and my GPS directed me to turn about 1/2 mile too soon, I was pulling a toad so I could not turn around, ended up driving on a tiny and twisty dirt road for several miles that finally did intersect with correct road to park. The check-in station is remote from the campground and is not very big-rig friendly for entry, exit or parking for registration. My site was a pull thru and was paved and level. The bath laundry house I would rate about a 6 on 1 to 10 scale for cleanliness. The roads in and around the campground are not very well marked so you need to utilize the map they give you for travel within the park. I would stay here again. We camped at Devil's Fork State Park in a Motorhome.

jebgg

Date of Stay: April, 2013 - $21.00

We had such a good time at this park. It is on Lake Jocassee which is just beautiful. The water was crystal clear. We had a kayak and took it out every day. The access from the campground to the lake was very easy. There are a couple of trails each about 2 miles long. You can rent kayaks, canoes, paddle boats right next to the campground. There are convenient beaches for swimming also. There are organized tours of the waterfalls in the northern part of the lake, but they are kind of pricey. The campground was well maintained and while we were there, they were cutting dead trees away. The roads and pads are all paved. There are large tent pads at each site. The bathrooms were cleaned each morning, and the showers had plenty of hot water. Had 3 bars on Verizon and the data never dropped. Picked up 7 channels on the TV (standard antenna). We camped at Devil's Fork State Park in a Motorhome.

balliso

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $24.00

Devils Fork is a beautiful campground located on Lake Jocassee. It is relatively small and was full during our stay. Lots and lots of kids. The roads are very tight to maneuver through with a large camper. The sites are wooded and shady and most are level. It is one of the more social campgrounds we have visited. I couldn't step outside without speaking to someone. That may put some people off, but I guess it depends on the experience you want in camping. We had fun. Devils Fork has two trails and is located near waterfalls so plenty to do. The boat ramp is not within the camp area but is rather large. Overall, it is a great campground and very well maintained. We camped at Devil's Fork State Park in a Travel Trailer.

SC Upstate Camper

Date of Stay: May, 2010 - $21.00

Nice location - close to many hiking trails and beautiful waterfalls - we hiked to Yellow Branch Falls near the Stumphouse Tunnel and Isaqueena Falls and all were great. The lake is very nice and especially nice for canoes and such. Since lake only has boat access at Devil's Fork only and does not have any housing/commercial development on it. Bath House was nasty and not well maintained and Dump Station was rather unkempt as well. We will visit again but are not hurrying to make of next reservation. We camped at Devil's Fork State Park in a Tent Trailer.

CaneyFork

Date of Stay: November, 2009 - $22.00

This was a nice park. At this time of year the leaves are pretty much off the trees, and the sites along the lake have a pretty good view of the water, but you'll probably need to make a reservation for these if you'll be there on a weekend as even in Nov. they were all taken. The sites are a good size with good gravel, fire ring, and picnic table. The campground is adjacent to the picnic area with playground if you have kids. There is no beach at the campground or picnic area, but if you walk just a bit towards the visitor center you'll find a small beach. The campground has 57 RV sites and 25 "walk in" tent sites. The latter are just a short walk from the parking area, but a long walk from the bath house. We walked the 2.5 mile trail that takes off, from all places, the dump station (Yuk!). It takes you out to a nice point with a good view. We liked the place enough to plan on going back some summer with a canoe or kayak. We camped at Devil's Fork State Park in a Truck Camper.

obxblond

Date of Stay: October, 2009 - $20.00

I was here for a few nights enjoying the Fall colors and this is a great location to do that. The lake is beautiful. The campground however is okay. The sites are large and nicely spaced but are in need of some maintenance. The laundry facility was okay - the equipment in working order. There is a nice nature hike to enjoy, it's located near the visitor center which also has a hotspot for Wi-Fi access. My biggest complaint is the condition of the bathrooms. They were not cleaned once (that I could tell) in the 4 days that I was there. Not sure who was responsible for cleaning - the camp-host would check the building maybe once a day, but did not do anything to change the condition. The host left during my stay so maybe they just didn't care anymore. My rating is based on these observations but I think the campground deserves consideration. I would stay again but would not make this a destination site for an extended stay. We camped at Devil's Fork State Park in a Motorhome.

mbr3366

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $20.00

Not only are the sites very wooded and well spaced, they are also mostly waterfront. The lake is enormous and the water is beautiful with the mountains in the background. We enjoyed it so much, we have already booked for next summer. This campground is a jewel! We camped at Devil's Fork State Park in a Motorhome.

Drew Nichols

Date of Stay: September, 2008 - $25.00

This is a good park if you have a boat. Lake Jocassee is one of the most beautiful lakes in the Southeast. For mere camping, except for fishing, the park offers very little and is somewhat remote. This is a family favorite in Fall, and should not be missed if you are in the area. The early springtime can be somewhat bleak. Note that currently the lake is down about 35 feet as of September 2008. We camped at Devil's Fork State Park in a Tent.

Babieka

Date of Stay: April, 2008 - $29.00

We stayed here in early April, and the campground seemed a bit forlorn. Spring hadn't arrived yet, trees still mostly bare. My husband enjoyed fishing from the lake's shore, given the water's clarity even though he didn't catch anything. We also enjoyed hiking the 1-mile trail behind the park's headquarters. It's a nice little loop, with several footbridges across a babbling stream. From a 'view' perspective, I much prefer Dreher Island State Park, which we stayed at right before coming to this park. As other reviewers have mentioned, Lake Jocassee is partially visible from only a few of the campsites. We camped at Devil's Fork State Park in a Motorhome.

tenamaria

Date of Stay: October, 2006 - $26.00

Overall nice state park. Rangers seem overwhelmed, provided us with the wrong access code for gate which is locked nightly at 9pm. Forced me, husband and 4 little kids to hike a mile back to our camper at 2 in the morning. Must drive or hike to lake for fishing. Only 2 trails. I think better options in the area but this park is clean with nicely done wooded sites. We camped at Devil's Fork State Park in a Travel Trailer.

RetAF

Date of Stay: October, 2005 - $22.00

This is a very nice park! Devils Fork is located on the shores of Lake Jocassee, a beautiful mountain lake. Though none of the campsites are on the water, a dozen of them are within 100' of the water. The campground is heavily wooded and gorgeous. There was a good mix of tents, popups, trailers and motorhomes occupying the sites. The sites are paved with a gravel tent pad, picnic table and fire ring. Good hiking trails in the park and a lot of nice scenery nearby. Bath houses were new and well kept. One of the bath houses has a laundry. If you enjoy a beautiful natural setting, this park is for you. We camped at Devil's Fork State Park in a Tent Trailer.

Shakti29

Date of Stay: September, 2005 - $20.00

Very nice park, but have to walk to the lake down pretty steep trails, so not very good for small children. Lots of dropoffs as well at the sites. Would go back in a minute when my kids get older. We camped at Devil's Fork State Park in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Devil's Fork State Park?