Palmetto Shores RV Resort (formerly Big Water Lake Club Campground)

Summerton, South Carolina

Recent Rate: $37 12/2014

Latitude: 33.5190269740469

• yes-river Waterfront

AnnS

Easy in/out, friendly employees, great on site restaurant (open thur/fri/sat at 3:30 ) Park would be a 10 if it had paved sites and internet. There is some noise from I-95. We will say here again. We camped at Palmetto Shores RV Resort (formerly Big Water Lake Club Campground) in a Motorhome.

I would try to stay as far away from I/95 as possible.

SteveIC

This was the second park we ever stayed at. We were driving from Tampa, FL back to Washington, DC, and decided to stay here for the night. The service was impeccable. They didn't have a military discount but gave us a Good Sam discount instead. We got there late, and an employee stayed late to let us in and guide us to our campground. The place was extremely clean and well kept. We only stayed one night but we will definitely return and stay longer. It was absolutely beautiful. We camped at Palmetto Shores RV Resort (formerly Big Water Lake Club Campground) in a Motorhome.

SargeW

We just did an overnighter between stops. The sites are long and compacted sand, the same as the roads. The park is on Lake Marion, but there are no views from the sites. There is some roads noise, but not awful. I would stay here again. I did have some issues when I shortened my stay due to unforeseen plan changes. They did relent and only charged me for one night instead of four. We camped at Palmetto Shores RV Resort (formerly Big Water Lake Club Campground) in a Motorhome.

Rollon

This a very nice park. Easy to get into and out of with large sites. Very nice pools and lazy river. Management lives on site and are working hard to make this a ideal park. They stay open late and appreciate your business. We will stay here again. We camped at Palmetto Shores RV Resort (formerly Big Water Lake Club Campground) in a Motorhome.

Mattyman

What a gem of a campground! The management team really take serious pride in this campground. The grounds are very well kept, bathrooms were always clean. They have 2 very large pools and a Lazy River. There is tons for a family to do here. This campground is under new management and the entire staff is great. They were very helpful through out our stay and are doing a great job with this RV Resort. Be sure to check it out if you are coming through South Carolina and want a campground that is right off I-95 for a quick overnight stay or if you are looking for a place to get away too for a few days! If you enjoy boating and fishing they are located right on Lake Marion We camped at Palmetto Shores RV Resort (formerly Big Water Lake Club Campground) in a Motorhome.

ggimlick

We stayed here years ago when it was being developed and it was off to a great start, but things have changed. The folks working here were very helpful, but the sites sloped and the motorhome didn't have enough jacks to level without driving up on blocks too. Our site had washed with the rains and while it dried well, it had deep ruts. The electrical connections were almost on the ground and a couple sites wouldn't accommodate my coach because of that, I couldn't plug the surge protector in. The price was WAY too high for what is offered here. Highway noise from I-95 was incredible! Campers were not picking up after their dogs so there were a lot of piles to look out for too. I'm sorry to say I doubt we'd stay here again. We camped at Palmetto Shores RV Resort (formerly Big Water Lake Club Campground) in a Motorhome.

SouthernNights

Rate reflects Coast to Coast which they are still honoring, even though they no longer belong. Good overnight park with easy access off the interstate. Sites are gravel but very level. It appears that the long term campers get the sites with the shade, and the short term crowd gets the sun. Very important if you camp here in the summer. Wi-Fi was very good. Sewer hook up was up hill from our dump valve. Pools well maintained, but not much of a beach on the lake. Only down side was the site we had was on the main road to their boat ramp. It was a little busy, but people did observe the 5MPH limit. We camped at Palmetto Shores RV Resort (formerly Big Water Lake Club Campground) in a Fifth Wheel.

sam&laura

We stayed here 2 times a year when it was a Coast to Coast park, but it had gotten a little run down. New owners bought it 2 years ago and have made some great changes but their prices were a little high so we haven't stayed. I found out they now let Coast to Coast members stay at a reduced price and we stayed 5 days and found the park to be excellent again. The same woman still runs the gatehouse in the PM and can answer any questions you have and is very helpful and friendly. We camped at Palmetto Shores RV Resort (formerly Big Water Lake Club Campground) in a Fifth Wheel.

gcd28

Camped overnight. This is a private camp that accepts patrons that are not members for limited camping - up to 2 weeks. The sites are roomy, roads good, location quiet and clean. Had trouble with my converter while there and the staff was very helpful in getting me to the right people. Close to the Interstate highway and easy on, easy off. Would stay here again. Only Con was the price was a little high and they didn't accept GS discount. We camped at Palmetto Shores RV Resort (formerly Big Water Lake Club Campground) in a Fifth Wheel.

ellynmae

Park goes by name "Big Water Campground." We had been heading for Santee Lakes Campground that was in our directory as a Good Sam Park but ended up at this one. Not sure if they are the same park or if we just went to the wrong place. Campground appears to only have two other RVs and the facilities do look "tired." However, we're only here for the overnight and there are plenty of flat, pull-through sites here. Only complaint is the price which seems quite high for this season, and there are no discounts for any RV clubs. We camped at Palmetto Shores RV Resort (formerly Big Water Lake Club Campground) in a Motorhome.

verymadcamper

We have been members for over 6 years. Over the years, they have not maintained or repaired many items on the grounds, i.e. putt putt is horrible, damaged, and has been. The boats were not maintained, eventually causing them to stop renting them. NOW we are being told that someone from Chattanooga, TN, bought the resort and now MEMBERS have to pay $12/night on top of the member and annual dues! AND they are renting to non-members by selling them a $10/day "member pass." Not what we signed the contract for. Very unethical group of people. I will be visiting lawyers and the BBB. I don't see how they can get away with this!!!! We camped at Palmetto Shores RV Resort (formerly Big Water Lake Club Campground) in a Travel Trailer.

Netty74

Nice park, stayed here as a non-member (I was thinking about joining). Staff not very friendly, when i made my reservation. I was asking the young lady on the phone about the site and they seemed to be rushing me off of the phone. I asked he if there was shade at the site and she simply stated she did not know, by the way no shade at this site. Our sewer hookup was up hill and we had a heck of a time getting our tanks empty, I had to hold up the sewer line to get the tanks to drain, not fun! I don't think I will be joining the membership or staying here again in the future. We camped at Palmetto Shores RV Resort (formerly Big Water Lake Club Campground) in a Travel Trailer.

birdlady4810

This is a great park, we used Coast to Coast and stayed a week. The drive in rate is $44/night. As others stated the pool is terrific, has a very nice mini golf and the grounds well kept. The weekend was busy with lots of families, but by Sunday nearly everyone was gone. Lots of places to walk the dog, our site had a lovely water view. I think there were more than 60 sites and quite a few cabins, some right on the lake. This was our first visit but we will most surely return. We camped at Palmetto Shores RV Resort (formerly Big Water Lake Club Campground) in a Motorhome.

LittleCastle

We stayed here with our ROD membership. The park is nicely laid out, with level sites. Our site was a pull through and was a nice size. The park is beautiful, right on the water. The pools were the best we've enjoyed so far. We went over to the lazy river and floated around for a few hours. Staff was nice and adequately professional. Overall a great stay! We camped at Palmetto Shores RV Resort (formerly Big Water Lake Club Campground) in a Fifth Wheel.

2Scampers

We stayed here two nights as a stopover. Will return here for sure at next opportunity. Park is one of the best we have stated at. It was cold but I guess that is not totally the resorts fault :-) Most sites are pull-thru and very easy to get into. The view of the lake is awesome at sunset. The clubhouse with beautiful bar/HDTV is a must see as is the exercise room (best one we've seen). Too bad the pools were closed since there are two pools and a small lazy river. Sandy beach at the lake, fishing pier, boat ramp and boat slips make this a fisherman's paradise. The restrooms were the best I have seen in a campground. Satellite friendly, but minimal antenna TV reception. We camped at Palmetto Shores RV Resort (formerly Big Water Lake Club Campground) in a Motorhome.

Top Tips for this Campground

• I would try to stay as far away from I/95 as possible.

AnnSDecember 2014
  • We ate at Cracker Barrel right across the river because we got there a little too late and the local places were closed or closing. The food and service was outstanding.

SteveICJanuary 2015

Are you affiliated with Palmetto Shores RV Resort (formerly Big Water Lake Club Campground)?