Point South / Yemassee KOA

Saturday: 7:30am - 9:00pm
Sunday: 7:00am - 9:00pm

Hours above shown for Eastern Time Zone

• Public Phone Public Phone yes

Ask fellow campers about "Point South / Yemassee KOA" and nearby attractions.

tjp

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $57.00

Nice average KOA, but $62 (including tax) for an overnight park, Water & Electric only? That's a tad steep for a typical KOA that doesn't offer a thing that stands above most other KOA's I've been to. We camped at Point South / Yemassee KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Point South KOA, owner at Point South / Yemassee KOA responded to this review

We are sorry you did not find value in your stay. We want you to enjoy your journey and so we offer 100% money back guarantee within an hour if you are unsatisfied. We believe in our product that much. 36 years ownership has brought many happy guests through our doors. We wish you well on your travels and hope you find what you are looking for. Happy Camping. Jennifer~

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $65.00

This was an interesting park, had a nice wine lounge and very art deco bathroom! My site was an upgraded patio site, it was lovely, lots of well maintained flora & fauna! Great access to I-95. I will return! We camped at Point South / Yemassee KOA in a Motorhome.

Point South KOA, owner at Point South / Yemassee KOA responded to this review

We are glad you enjoyed your stay but are a tad perplexed that you didn't find value, at a 3 rating, although you noticed and enjoyed all of our touches and amenities. We wish you best on your trip and look forward to hosting your next stay. We hope you find the 50 amp full hook up site with 62 channels of cable and password protected high speed wifi worth the price during your next stay. Our 50 amp sites always fill and book first. Best to you and yours. Jennifer~

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $70.00

Staff is very friendly. We were shown to our site. The campground was very clean and had easy access to I-95. During the day employees were constantly maintaining the grounds. I purchased propane at this campground and the price was very reasonable. The only issue was the price is high for a dirt RV site. The small brick patio area was not placed correctly to allow its use. They did have a picnic table. We camped at Point South / Yemassee KOA in a Motorhome.

Point South KOA, owner at Point South / Yemassee KOA responded to this review

Thank you for choosing Point South KOA. We are glad you enjoyed your 62 channels of cable, high speed wifi, full hookup pull through. We are confused about the comment of dirt lot when each site is graveled as well as the roads. We offer 100% money back within an hour of check if you do not feel you received value in your purchase. Open 14 hours a day 365 days a year we are here to serve you. Happy travels. Jennifer~

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $60.00

Friendly, helpful staff made us feel right at home. Easy check in and host led us to our site and helped us park. The grass was saturated with recent rain, so The host brought a board for us to stand on when we stepped out of the camper. We'll stay here again we hope! We camped at Point South / Yemassee KOA in a Motorhome.

Point South KOA, owner at Point South / Yemassee KOA responded to this review

We are glad you found a home away from home on your journey through the Lowcountry of SC and that the service and cleanliness was 5 star. We are sorry though that you found small value in your purchase with the 3 star review in that aspect. The east coast has seen an enormous amount of rain this year and we are glad that it drained quickly and appreciate your understanding of things that are truly out of our control. We look forward to hosting your next stay and hope you find the value has increased. We do offer 100% money back within an hour if you are unsatisfied. Safe travels to you and yours. Jennifer~

Featured Campgrounds Near Point South / Yemassee KOA

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $57.00

Very nice campground staff are very knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend this place. We camped at Point South / Yemassee KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Point South KOA, owner at Point South / Yemassee KOA responded to this review

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Point South KOA. Open 365 days a year we are happy to help make your stay an exceptional one. We look forward to hosting your next reprieve if your journey brings you by exit 33 on I95 in SC. Happy Camping. Jennifer~

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $75.00

Convenient off I-95. Nice sites, with a lot of trees. Price was for a premium patio site, and it was very nice and worth the extra price. Helpful friendly staff, great camp store and bar. Yes a bar, with wine tasting and beer on tap. Nice pool, overall a very nice campground. I would absolutely recommend it and would stay there again. We camped at Point South / Yemassee KOA in a Motorhome.

Point South KOA, owner at Point South / Yemassee KOA responded to this review

Thank you for your kind review and being a promoter of Point South KOA. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the Deluxe Patio Site. We are hoping to add several more in the near future. The hybrid grill, propane fire table, unique seating on the 250 sq ft deck plus the adjacent patio with table and fire ring all with a woodland view makes for a Great stay. We look forward to hosting your next camping trip. Jennifer~

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $55.00

What a beautiful and quiet rv park nestled in tall pines near I95. The staff were absolutely great-not just friendly but personable. We will stay here again. We camped at Point South / Yemassee KOA in a Motorhome.

Point South KOA, owner at Point South / Yemassee KOA responded to this review

We appreciate your kind words and time sharing your experience during your stay. We are thrilled you found everything to your expectations and beyond. We strive to make a haven for guests on I95 of life. Best to you and we look forward to hosting your next stay when your journey brings you through. Safe travels. Jennifer~

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $60.00

We stayed here a couple of years ago when they had just won their "best kampground" award and they have maintained their dedication to customer service and cleanliness. I do think their bathroom facilities need an upgrade...while clean...they are showing their age compared to a lot of other parks...and they offer limited shower facilities. The pizza & cafe/winery is still a nice place to hang out a bit. My major problem now is the price ...this is a very good but not great park that is priced over the market especially for a non tourist interstate type location. Wifi/cable worked fine but slowly in this nearly full park. We'll probably be back for the convenience in our travels. We camped at Point South / Yemassee KOA in a Motorhome.

pull thru
Gravel, Dirt, Sand

Point South KOA, owner at Point South / Yemassee KOA responded to this review

I am sorry we were not a match. After 35 years of ownership we are filled the majority of the time due to being in the heart of historic Lowcountry of SC and six hours from Orlando. We are middle of the road in rate for KOA. We offer 100% money back within an hour of check in if you are not satisfied. Our bathrooms were completely remodeled 4 years ago from the studs up. Expansion was in the works for a new bathhouse, done in Frank Lloyd Wright motif, however local government regulations is making it out of reach at this point. We do have 5 independent wifi routers in our 58 site park, 50 up 5 down, which is at top speed in our industry. 80% of our guests from Sept '17 - Sept 2018 have give us 5 star rating on reviews in the nationally utilized system (including two thirds of the Fortune 500 companies) NPS or Net Promoter Score. We are very thankful we meet a happy segment of the camping population. We hope you find what you are looking for. Happy Camping. Jennifer~

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $60.00

This is a nice RV park located conveniently to I-95. Check in was friendly and efficient in their cute office with a wine bar and coffee bar, and escort to site. Sites are pull-through, level, gravel/dirt and of various lengths. Lots of trimmed trees so satellite did not work but the cable worked well. Wifi also worked well. Bathrooms/showers and laundry are modern and clean. Moderate sized fenced dog park but lots of trails for walking a large dog. The park is overpriced for this area but it is in a good location, the staff is excellent, and the facilities and utilities were good. We camped at Point South / Yemassee KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $59.00

Conveniently located just off of I95. Fairly easy to get to, glad there were some signs up. Only stayed one night on our way to Florida, so we didn't get to see much of the park itself. Staff was very nice. We would stay here again. We camped at Point South / Yemassee KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Nearby, Very Close

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $50.00

Conveniently located off I-95, this is one of the nicest KOA's we've been to. You can hear some road noise (which didn't bother us), but you can't see the highway. We stayed in site 16, a pull through site with water and electric (no sewer) and over 60 cable channels. About half of the sites have FHU, and the entire campground has many trees giving it a park-like feel. Like most KOA's the sites are very close together. There is a central double dump station which was easy to access. The interior roads were dirt/gravel and were a bit tight. They have a pool area which is open year-round although we didn't use it. The office area has a small selection of necessities and a full coffee/espresso bar (pricey), Hunt Brothers pizza and wings. They offer nightly wine tastings of Carolina wines for $7.50 per person from 6:30 - 8:00. There are four washers and four dryers on site which worked great. Propane also sold on site and they have daily garbage pick-up. The bathroom/shower area was clean and divided into four stalls. Two stalls were toilets, one stall was ADA accessible with toilet/sink/shower and the last stall was a shower only (excellent water pressure!). The staff here were friendly, helpful and courteous, and were the hardest workers I have ever seen at any KOA. This was the first KOA that has ever asked me if I wanted to use my Value Kard points for a discount, which was appreciated. The downside was that this KOA would only honor $25 off our stay, even though I had enough points for $50 off. Without the discounts, the site was $55.95 per night not including taxes which I thought was a bit high for a site that wasn't full hook up. We enjoyed our stay and would stay here again in the future. We camped at Point South / Yemassee KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $59.00

For us this was just an overnight stop. The campground is ok, stone roads and stone at the site. We had a 30/50 amp with water and cable, no sewer. That was ok with us but the price is a bit on the steep side. I am aware there is things in the area to sight see and that's all well and good, but this isn't Disney World either. I have stayed at other KOA's and some are higher than others but I have never paid this much for electric, water and cable. On the plus side the campground has a great friendly staff, that greeted us and also showed us to our site. The camp store sells all kinds of things to eat as well as other supplies. They have pizza by the slice or the whole pizza made to eat inside or delivered to your camper. They also have wine tasting at $7.50 per in the evening, as well as cold sodas and beer in the cooler for sale. Our site was clean, the electric was supposed to be 30amp and 50 amp, but I tried the 30 and it didn't work so I used the 50amp which was ok, just hate to get that monster of a cable out. Sites are in the trees but seem to be open and spacious enough. We camped at Point South / Yemassee KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $57.00

It is right off of I-95 but we did not hear any of the road noise. The campground was the 2016 campground of the year. It is very clean and neat. Most of the camp sites are pull thru since most people are just staying for one night. The bathrooms were remodeled last year so they were nice. The office has a small store but it was very expensive. (There is a Family Dollar about 10 miles away near Hwy 17 and Hwy 21.) They have a small pizza/wing restaurant that will deliver to your camp site. (It was not too bad but very convenient while you are setting up camp. There is a small coffee shop/ wine bar that has wine sampling every night from 6:30PM-8:00PM. We really enjoyed the wine tasting but the service was a little slow because of the amount of people in the bar. They also have 2 craft beers on tap. The sites were gravel. They were clean and level. There is trash pickup at the site. There is 50/30 amp hookup and cable TV. I believe there were 64 channels. The WiFi was very good for our needs. We were not streaming movies, just checking email and Facebook. There is a pool that was very clean. There is playground, gem mining, dog park and a lake to go fishing in. There is a walking trail around the lake that is very wide and all grass. We camped at Point South / Yemassee KOA in a Travel Trailer.

There are a couple of neat things to do and see in the area and that is why we stayed here. We went to the drive-in theater on Friday night. It is called Hwy 21 Drive-In. One of the only ones left. $7.00 and you get a double feature. We went to the Old Sheldon Church Ruins, which is very beautiful. We went to downtown Beaufort and Hunting Island state park. We will definitely return to this campground since we had very good experience.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $57.00

Easy to get to from interstate. Nice, level sites. We had to wait a couple of minutes before pulling into our site because they were in the process of adding new gravel to the site. Interior roads are just a bit narrow but easy to manage. We camped at Point South / Yemassee KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $55.00

Overpriced for what you get. Perhaps might be a better park for us had it not rained so much. Generally for $55.00 you would expect something special but there is nothing special about the park or the area. Quite remote. We camped at Point South / Yemassee KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt, Sand

Featured Campgrounds Near Point South / Yemassee KOA

Are you affiliated with Point South / Yemassee KOA ?