Ponderosa Motel and RV Park

Kadoka, South Dakota

Dave49

Park owner not very friendly but usually don't go on that alone. Called and asked for a 1 to 2 night stay and told her I had a 40' 5th wheel. She asked if I could use 30amp service. I said I could work with it. Once we got there I noticed a 50 amp service and plugged into that. It didn't work. I tried the next site and it had 50 amp and was working and it was empty. Being in the mid 90's I asked my wife to go to the office and see if we could change to the next site due to 50 amp service. She said your husband said he could work with 30 amp. I'm saving that for someone that might need it. Guess I didn't need it because now I was already a customer. Laundry still had water in washing machine as the last review said. Park not very well kept in my eyes and if it is broken they don't fix it. Will not return. We camped at Ponderosa Motel and RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

MaryRyan

Okay place to spend the night off of Interstate 90. Very dated facilities. One of the washers in laundry room had standing water in it. The Wi-Fi didn't work for us which we really needed. When we spoke to the woman at the desk she said, "well it (the internet) works for me" and made no other checks to make sure system was functioning. Loud motorcycles coming and going late into night and early in the morning. We camped at Ponderosa Motel and RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Bill & Helen

A good place to stay for one night. It was quite and easy to get back on the freeway. We found them listed in the AAA Camping Guide. We camped at Ponderosa Motel and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Frank Barker

We had to stay in a park with power due to a continuing 12v problem, no charging while driving. We found the park in the Next Exit book. A quick Bing came up with the phone number and address. Since we were travel and it was after 6PM we phoned and made reservations. The two staff members we met were pleasant and very helpful. There are four pull through sites. We were originally assigned to site one it had a tree that would rubbed the driver’s side slide, we were switched to site three. While I wouldn’t consider this a destination park, they bill themselves ”Gateway to the Badlands.” The park was quite and was easy off the Interstate and back on. We would stay again if passing through. We camped at Ponderosa Motel and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Ponderosa Motel and RV Park?