Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park

• Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no
  • Putt Putt Mini-Golf Putt Putt Mini-Golf yes

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $25.00

The campground looked ok when we arrived, and they said they had Wifi. Well, the wifi didn't work and all the owner could do was get very young kid who didn't know how to do anything but play games on the computer. Also, when asked about passport (we found it in passport book) the owner complained about not being able to make any money. It rained and the black mud was everywhere. We will not camp here again and would send travelers on to Mitchell to either of the passport parks. They are cheaper and things work. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $22.00

A very helpful parking escort and big spots at this park. There's lots to do, clean showers, and it's quiet all night with no town noise. For 22 bucks: you should not miss this one on your way by. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $17.00

In reading the other reviews I can say that I’m happy other folks had an enjoyable stay at Famil-E-Fun Campground. Unfortunately that was not at all our experience. I called to make a reservation on June 19, 2009. I was quoted a price of $315 per month. The owner asked me to call a week before we’d be there to let them know our schedule for arrival. I did call the campground on July 10th to let them know we’d be arriving on July 18th. We were traveling from Aberdeen, SD. I spoke to his wife. She was quite friendly and gave me directions. I also called on the evening of July 18th to let them know we were on our way but it would be late. I was told they had no spots open due to the rodeo. I was a little surprised because I thought that was the point of making a reservation. This wound up not being an issue because we had a blow-out on the way and wound up staying at a truck stop on the way. We arrived at the Famil-E-Fun Campground at 10 a.m. on the 19th. We were told that they were very full and we wouldn’t be able to park until after 1:00 p.m. That wasn’t a problem for us. They then told us that since the season was so busy the rates had been adjusted and the monthly rate was now $510 per month. This was an increase of $195. I asked him how that was possible when I was quoted a rate of $315. He just kept saying because it was so busy. He did say the price would drop after August. I guess it would, when there would be many other options for a person to choose from. I mentioned that he was price-gouging, which he did deny. I did ask him why I wasn’t told about the increase and he told me it was because I hadn’t asked. What? Then he told me it was partly because they’d had a lot of cancellations and he was trying to recoup the money. Well, he was full, so how could he be out of any money? Regardless, I had called. Then he told me it was because we were late. He didn’t have a spot for us anyway, so that certainly was a ridiculous thing to say. He kept telling us that there were no spots anywhere in town and we were welcome to check for ourselves. He also told us that there is an extra charge for kids. For every child you have it is an extra $2 per night. We have no kids traveling with us but I did think that was a unreasonable charge. We did pay for one night and parked the RV to get the electricity for our refrigerator and freezer. We drove about 8 miles east and noticed another RV park, the Dakota Campgrounds. We pulled in and had a wonderful experience. We drove immediately back to Famil-E-Fun Campgrounds and got our camper. I will say that they gave us our check back for $22.50 (one day rate). I was surprised. I have been told from the locals in Mitchell that the campground caters to those wanting to stay one night and move on. My husband works on an oil pipeline and we stay for extended periods of time. We will be in the area for five months. This man's greed cost him over $1,500. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $23.00

This park is a few miles west of town with easy access to the freeway. There was not much highway noise. Gravel roads and sites were grass with picnic table. Lots of trees but there are some sites where satellite TV is OK. Verizon air card worked well for internet. Pull through sites are fully adequate size wise. This rate is for a full hook-up, 50 amp is $2 more. We would stay there again. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $26.00

Nice scenic sites but the bugs made it impossible to sit outside. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $26.00

Campground was OK for overnight stop. Five miles west of Mitchell in a rural setting. Would be better for a few days stay. All hookups, local TV reception and WiFi was OK. A heavy rain with good drainage for our stay. On next trip we would stay here if staying more than one night. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $20.00

Easy on/off I-90 but heard no traffic noise. Easy to navigate roads and sites. All hookups worked well. Owners were extremely helpful when we became ill during our stay and needed to see a doctor. We will definitely stay here when back in the area! We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2008 - $22.00

This campground was a great stop along I-90. It was easy to maneuver through and get into your spot with a big-rig. The Wi-Fi was terrible and was not working most of the time. The owners were very helpful with directing you to local businesses. Beware at check-in that they don't just start adding extra charges on the bill, assuming you want certain things. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2008 - $16.00

An older park, but nice. The owners were very helpful and we had a wonderful big tree to sit under. And were still able to get our tv dish reception. We only stayed here one night but would stay here again when coming this direction. It was a nice quiet park and a welcome spot to stay. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2008 - $19.00

This is a very nice park with lots of large shade trees. The owners are very friendly and helpful. We would definitely camp here again when we are in the area. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2008 - $20.00

People very helpful. Turns a little tight for a rig 62' long. Roads looked soft but supported 35K. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2007 - $16.00

Excellent overnight stop. Right off I-90, but there is a small hill between the park and the freeway, so we heard no traffic noise. The $16 Passport America rate for a 50-amp full-hookup pull-through site makes it a bargain. Gravel roads and large grass sites--easy maneuvering for big rigs. The power sagged to around 110 volts when we put a 30 amp load on a single leg. The park is well maintained and the family who owns the park runs a cheerful office. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2005 - $13.00

This family have been running this campground for 14 years. No vehicle washing is allowed. Campfire rings are provided. The rec room has pool table and videogames. Small store has limited groceries, ice, souvenirs, snacks and a big grin and hearty laugh. There is also a cabin available. The community-size pool is large and is drained, painted and filled yearly. Good Sam. Passport America. AAA. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Mitchell KOA

Sioux Falls KOA

Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Tower Campground

Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Are you affiliated with Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park ?