Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park

Mitchell, South Dakota

25473 403rd Ave
Mitchell, South Dakota 57301

• Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes

Ask fellow campers about "Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $20.00

Great place for overnight stay. Friendly staff, easy on off I-90. This was a very reasonable price for off season. A few miles from Mitchell and the Corn Palace. Good Wi-Fi and a 12 channels with just antenna. Bathroom older but very clean. Will stay again. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $25.00

Family owned and run for 25 years. Even Grand kids work,work,work. Wide turns and trees trimmed. Very green and manicured park. Pick shade or open (satellite) site, roads and pads solid, crushed granite. Friendliest people you will ever meet. Fire rings and wood. A hand built putt-putt course that is the most difficult in the USA. Our 45' bus had no problems parking here. Signature Steak House raises, and cuts their own beef and is reasonably priced. Visit Corn Palace and Candelas nearby in Mitchell. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $27.00

Friendly owners, escorted us to the site. It is very close to I-90. It features, shady, attractive, and grassy sites. There is a nice pool. The WiFi was marginal but we were in a far corner of the park. There is TV over the air for about 3 or 4 channels. The GPS instructions are wrong and there are no signs at I-90 exit. Trust the campground book directions as campground is just south of Interstate. We would stay here again but would ask for a site in the back away from interstate noise. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $27.00

We stayed here while traveling through South Dakota. I think of all the RV parks we stayed at on our long trip from North Carolina to Alaska, this was the nicest state-side RV park we stayed at. The staff was very friendly, the sites were well-shaded, pool was clean, and lots to do there at the park, in addition to all the things to see in nearby Mitchell. I don't have anything negative at all to say. If we ever traveled through again, we would definitely stay here again. It was truly family-friendly. Unlike some we stayed at. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $25.00

People were nice and lead us to the site. Sites are gavel, but needed to be blocked to get level. The pool was nice but crowded. Two exits west of the Corn Palace - definitely a place to see if you are even close to the area. Perogies BBQ, exit 332-- the brisket is delicious. We would stay here again. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2010 - $25.00

Sometimes a campground stay is made better by the friendliness of the owners, and this was one of those. Although struggling to open after a horrible winter, the owners went out of their way to make sure the water worked, our site was clear, and that we had a good overnight stay. Bare trees and brown grass with snow in the shade detracted from the appearance, but this looks like a pretty, tree-shaded park in the summer. Verizon Aircard and cell service were good and the park was dark at night with only a minimum of noise from the interstate. We enjoyed our stay and will stay here again. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $22.00

A very helpful parking escort and big spots at this park. There's lots to do, clean showers, and it's quiet all night with no town noise. For 22 bucks: you should not miss this one on your way by. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $25.00

The campground looked ok when we arrived, and they said they had Wifi. Well, the wifi didn't work and all the owner could do was get very young kid who didn't know how to do anything but play games on the computer. Also, when asked about passport (we found it in passport book) the owner complained about not being able to make any money. It rained and the black mud was everywhere. We will not camp here again and would send travelers on to Mitchell to either of the passport parks. They are cheaper and things work. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $26.00

Campground was OK for overnight stop. Five miles west of Mitchell in a rural setting. Would be better for a few days stay. All hookups, local TV reception and WiFi was OK. A heavy rain with good drainage for our stay. On next trip we would stay here if staying more than one night. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $26.00

Nice scenic sites but the bugs made it impossible to sit outside. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $23.00

This park is a few miles west of town with easy access to the freeway. There was not much highway noise. Gravel roads and sites were grass with picnic table. Lots of trees but there are some sites where satellite TV is OK. Verizon air card worked well for internet. Pull through sites are fully adequate size wise. This rate is for a full hook-up, 50 amp is $2 more. We would stay there again. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $17.00

In reading the other reviews I can say that I’m happy other folks had an enjoyable stay at Famil-E-Fun Campground. Unfortunately that was not at all our experience. I called to make a reservation on June 19, 2009. I was quoted a price of $315 per month. The owner asked me to call a week before we’d be there to let them know our schedule for arrival. I did call the campground on July 10th to let them know we’d be arriving on July 18th. We were traveling from Aberdeen, SD. I spoke to his wife. She was quite friendly and gave me directions. I also called on the evening of July 18th to let them know we were on our way but it would be late. I was told they had no spots open due to the rodeo. I was a little surprised because I thought that was the point of making a reservation. This wound up not being an issue because we had a blow-out on the way and wound up staying at a truck stop on the way. We arrived at the Famil-E-Fun Campground at 10 a.m. on the 19th. We were told that they were very full and we wouldn’t be able to park until after 1:00 p.m. That wasn’t a problem for us. They then told us that since the season was so busy the rates had been adjusted and the monthly rate was now $510 per month. This was an increase of $195. I asked him how that was possible when I was quoted a rate of $315. He just kept saying because it was so busy. He did say the price would drop after August. I guess it would, when there would be many other options for a person to choose from. I mentioned that he was price-gouging, which he did deny. I did ask him why I wasn’t told about the increase and he told me it was because I hadn’t asked. What? Then he told me it was partly because they’d had a lot of cancellations and he was trying to recoup the money. Well, he was full, so how could he be out of any money? Regardless, I had called. Then he told me it was because we were late. He didn’t have a spot for us anyway, so that certainly was a ridiculous thing to say. He kept telling us that there were no spots anywhere in town and we were welcome to check for ourselves. He also told us that there is an extra charge for kids. For every child you have it is an extra $2 per night. We have no kids traveling with us but I did think that was a unreasonable charge. We did pay for one night and parked the RV to get the electricity for our refrigerator and freezer. We drove about 8 miles east and noticed another RV park, the Dakota Campgrounds. We pulled in and had a wonderful experience. We drove immediately back to Famil-E-Fun Campgrounds and got our camper. I will say that they gave us our check back for $22.50 (one day rate). I was surprised. I have been told from the locals in Mitchell that the campground caters to those wanting to stay one night and move on. My husband works on an oil pipeline and we stay for extended periods of time. We will be in the area for five months. This man's greed cost him over $1,500. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $20.00

Easy on/off I-90 but heard no traffic noise. Easy to navigate roads and sites. All hookups worked well. Owners were extremely helpful when we became ill during our stay and needed to see a doctor. We will definitely stay here when back in the area! We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2008 - $22.00

This campground was a great stop along I-90. It was easy to maneuver through and get into your spot with a big-rig. The Wi-Fi was terrible and was not working most of the time. The owners were very helpful with directing you to local businesses. Beware at check-in that they don't just start adding extra charges on the bill, assuming you want certain things. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2008 - $16.00

An older park, but nice. The owners were very helpful and we had a wonderful big tree to sit under. And were still able to get our tv dish reception. We only stayed here one night but would stay here again when coming this direction. It was a nice quiet park and a welcome spot to stay. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park

Are you affiliated with Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park ?