Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park

Mitchell, South Dakota

25473 403rd Ave
Mitchell, South Dakota 57301

• Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes

Ask fellow campers about "Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $25.00

The campground looked ok when we arrived, and they said they had Wifi. Well, the wifi didn't work and all the owner could do was get very young kid who didn't know how to do anything but play games on the computer. Also, when asked about passport (we found it in passport book) the owner complained about not being able to make any money. It rained and the black mud was everywhere. We will not camp here again and would send travelers on to Mitchell to either of the passport parks. They are cheaper and things work. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $17.00

In reading the other reviews I can say that I’m happy other folks had an enjoyable stay at Famil-E-Fun Campground. Unfortunately that was not at all our experience. I called to make a reservation on June 19, 2009. I was quoted a price of $315 per month. The owner asked me to call a week before we’d be there to let them know our schedule for arrival. I did call the campground on July 10th to let them know we’d be arriving on July 18th. We were traveling from Aberdeen, SD. I spoke to his wife. She was quite friendly and gave me directions. I also called on the evening of July 18th to let them know we were on our way but it would be late. I was told they had no spots open due to the rodeo. I was a little surprised because I thought that was the point of making a reservation. This wound up not being an issue because we had a blow-out on the way and wound up staying at a truck stop on the way. We arrived at the Famil-E-Fun Campground at 10 a.m. on the 19th. We were told that they were very full and we wouldn’t be able to park until after 1:00 p.m. That wasn’t a problem for us. They then told us that since the season was so busy the rates had been adjusted and the monthly rate was now $510 per month. This was an increase of $195. I asked him how that was possible when I was quoted a rate of $315. He just kept saying because it was so busy. He did say the price would drop after August. I guess it would, when there would be many other options for a person to choose from. I mentioned that he was price-gouging, which he did deny. I did ask him why I wasn’t told about the increase and he told me it was because I hadn’t asked. What? Then he told me it was partly because they’d had a lot of cancellations and he was trying to recoup the money. Well, he was full, so how could he be out of any money? Regardless, I had called. Then he told me it was because we were late. He didn’t have a spot for us anyway, so that certainly was a ridiculous thing to say. He kept telling us that there were no spots anywhere in town and we were welcome to check for ourselves. He also told us that there is an extra charge for kids. For every child you have it is an extra $2 per night. We have no kids traveling with us but I did think that was a unreasonable charge. We did pay for one night and parked the RV to get the electricity for our refrigerator and freezer. We drove about 8 miles east and noticed another RV park, the Dakota Campgrounds. We pulled in and had a wonderful experience. We drove immediately back to Famil-E-Fun Campgrounds and got our camper. I will say that they gave us our check back for $22.50 (one day rate). I was surprised. I have been told from the locals in Mitchell that the campground caters to those wanting to stay one night and move on. My husband works on an oil pipeline and we stay for extended periods of time. We will be in the area for five months. This man's greed cost him over $1,500. We camped at Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park

Are you affiliated with Famil-E-Fun Campground and RV Park ?