5 Average

• Recreation Room Recreation Room no
  • Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $42.00

We came in at 6pm. Sign at office said they would be back at 5:30, but no one was there. No one was there when we left at 10 the next morning. The office was in the campstore, which was also not open all that time. Just a gravel parking lot, sites seemed to run into each other. Couldn't tell if it was reserved, if it was one site or two, etc.

No idea about the bathrooms, but if they were anything like the rest of the facilities they probably aren't worth trying. Next time, we will stay in the dispersed camping in Buffalo Gap or in Wall, rather than stop here. We camped at Circle 10 Campground in a Motorhome.

Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $37.00

Staff was friendly and helpful upon arrival. I had a back-in spot on the outer row. If there had been anyone in the sites on either side of me it would have been tight. This was a 30 amp site. There is an additional charge for the 50 amp sites. This is a great location to stay while visiting the Badlands National Park or the Minuteman Missile National Historic Site. We camped at Circle 10 Campground in a Motorhome.

The main entrance to the Badlands National Park is about 8 miles down the road. Don't miss it. Take the loop through the Badlands to Wall and back on the Interstate.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $37.00

I will say that the lady doing the check-in was very nice and it is only three miles to the Badlands entrance. However from there it goes downhill. When we got there they were showing us in the middle of the road, not on a site! When they got us a site it was a 50 amp and we needed 30 and they did not have any adapters. We finally got a different site but the sewer was not available as tree roots had grown through it so we only had water and electric, not full hookups as we had requested when we booked. They actually did not have a site that could accommodate us and we ended up taking two sites, pulling through and using both sites. I was going to use the bathroom for showering but it was disgusting. Not clean at all and very very run down. The pool was another terrible issue. The water level was extremely low and didn't even reach the skimmers. There was a lot of debris in the pool. There was no way I would go swimming in it! We camped at Circle 10 Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Gravel, Dirt, Sand
Not big enough for my travel trailer

Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $40.00

I have been here 3 time since the corporation that runs the commercial facilities in the national park, took over this park. See my 8/15 review for a detailed description of the park. From what I can see, they still have not improved this park in any noticeable way. The park has passable FHU sites and a pool. Everything else (the bathrooms, laundry, Wi-FI, service, etc.) about the park is "iffy" at best. We camped at Circle 10 Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $25.00

We were threatened upon arriving at this camp and it is extremely disgusting. Living 12 hours away, we made reservations over the phone based upon the website. Upon pulling in, there were two men seated on a table in the front of the office. As my husband got out to walk into the office to register us, the men begin making rude comments and then told us if we left our truck parked there overnight, when we got up in the morning we would have no tires left on our vehicle. We then walked to the restrooms. The women's was overflowing with garbage and dirty, but the men's had fecal matter, garbage and toilet paper everywhere. My husband had to take his shoes off to get back into the vehicle. We did not stay at this camp longer than ten minutes. We went to the office to request a refund and went to a different campground. The only positive thing I can say is they did refund our money. I highly encourage anyone to find a different camp. This one is unsafe and dirty. We camped at Circle 10 Campground in a Tent.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $34.00

The bathroom facilities were dirty. Thankfully, we were only staying for one night! The site was adequate, but we were glad to be on our way the next day! We camped at Circle 10 Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $45.00

Restrooms were not well maintained or cleaned. Showers were the same. I must admit that these were the first coin operated showers I have encountered. I was very disappointed. Campground layout is very confusing as to where and how to park. Nothing seemed well maintained in my opinion. Did have laundry facilities but again not well maintained. I would personally avoid staying here again. We camped at Circle 10 Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Other

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $40.00

A basic place just off I90 if you want to see Badlands and Minuteman Missile. We spent two night there. Although it appeared a maintenance man was working, the office was only open about an hour the first day we arrived. Not open at all the second day. If anyone else had been there, the sites would have been too close together. But we like being left alone so it was fine. We camped at Circle 10 Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Easy to get to Badlands and Minuteman Missile from here. Need to make reservations for Minuteman Missile tour at least 24 hours in advance. Did the 240 Scenic Drive and went to Wall Drug. Convenient place to stay.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $35.00

Rest rooms and showers not clean. Landscape needs maintenance. Sits next to property where there are vacant, deteriorating cabins. Lots of road noise from interstate. No 30 amp service so we had to rent a 50a to 30a converter. We camped at Circle 10 Campground in a Travel Trailer.

This is a fairly remote area. There is a fuel station and convenience store across street but there's no other shopping for several miles.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $37.00

Office staff not very knowledgable or flexible. Wanted to stay another night and he was going to charge a higher rate. No fluff with this park but they are trying to improve it. Easy place to get to and to visit Bad lands without paying the high rates. Place needs work but I would stay again. Need to get better office staff. We camped at Circle 10 Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $32.00

We were last here 3 years ago just after the corporation took over. I did not see much in the way of upgrades then and I still see little improvement. Previous reviews have made general comments about the park being fixed up but the never get specific. We had a gravel, FHU, 30 Amp pull-through that was not level. There is no cable TV but many sites are satellite friendly. Be sure to ask for a friendly site. Their 802.11 network was free with no password. We had no problems with staying connected or limited access which have been issues in most parks this trip. Most of the 15 or so FHU sites are 50 Amp and the remaining RV sites are only W&E. This park is not well laid out and the utilities are poorly located in many sites. There are also a couple dozen tent sites. I am not certain of the availability status of the cabins or the old motel. The café in the office building is still (previous reviewer said it would be open in July) not open. Others have said that the restrooms are old, but clean. I thought I smelled mold in the men's room and two of the shower stall were unusable - no light in one and a broken faucet handle in the other. The laundry room had 5 machines but only 2 were working - fortunately 1 washer and 1 dryer. The machines are currently free. The pool was again full of debris at the bottom but they did have one of those Roomba-like pool cleaners roaming the bottom. Except for the pool, there is nothing recreational in the park. The staffer who checked us in was friendly and helpful. I saw no sign of recycling. I just wish the new owners (Forever Resorts) were making the effort and investment in this park that some others seem to think they are. At least it was fairly cheap. We camped at Circle 10 Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $36.00

As stated in previous reviews, this is an older park that is showing its age. Our pull-through site was very long but narrow. Since our trailer is only 25', I was able to find a reasonably level spot. Many sites were badly rutted and in need of attention. All utilities worked well. There was a bit of a sewer gas odor near our site. I never did determine the souce. WiFi was the best I've seen. Verizon signal was marginal. The park attendant was extremely friendly and helpful. Hopefully Forever Resorts will put some time and money into this park. The location is excellent for a visit to the Badlands. Easy access off I-90. We camped at Circle 10 Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $36.00

We stayed 2 nights in a pull-thru, full hookup site with 50 amps. Convenient in/out from I-90, about a mile from the Minuteman Missile visitor center and less than 10 miles from Badlands National Park entrance. Park is old but obvious improvements are being made. Trees need to be trimmed much higher to accommodate big and tall rigs. Our site had trash in the fire ring. Roads and RV sites are gravel. Some sites have hookups near the back but a couple have them way in the front, like next to the cab of your motorhome or truck. Most RV sites are around and near the bathhouse while the tent sites are farther out. This means that tent campers have to walk thru RV sites to get to the bathrooms and showers. Not a well laid out park. Wifi was free and worked well. No cable tv. Pool was in use during our stay. The cafe and motel were not open. Construction work was being done in the cabins. The very small playground had weeds growing all over. Showers and restrooms were clean but dated, dark and a little scary, a least the women's side, especially at night. There's a laundry room with a couple washers and one out of three dryers that didn't have an out of order sign on it but since the washers were not coin operated, they're either free or not for public use. They're in a room with a Laundry sign on the door, tho. Park employees were polite and helpful. No off leash dog park. There was a park-wide power outage one night for about 20 minutes and they turned off the water one afternoon for about 30 minutes due to construction. We'll stay here again when we pass this way in a year and look forward to the changes they're making. We camped at Circle 10 Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $32.00

This campground is owned/managed by Forever Resorts. It is an old campground and things are looking quite worn. The bathrooms are clean except for needing garbage cans dumped. The laundry room needs some work; at least one of each appliance is out of order. However, new management/camp hosts are working to set things right is how it looks to us. The pool is open, clean, and kids are enjoying it. The new snack bar/café/store should be operational by early July. The motel is closed and there are a few small cabins that have been brought on site - probably for employees - that are also inhabitable at this time. Site 103 is a long pull-through with our tow parked behind. Camp host let us trim a few branches that were hanging down on our motorhome. Tent sites have covered picnic tables; RV sites just have a table. The park is far enough off I-90 that road noise is not an issue. Having stayed at other Forever Resort locations, we can guess they will be fixing up this location as quickly as possible. We camped at Circle 10 Campground in a Motorhome.

The park is about a 5 minute drive from the Minuteman Missile NHS. If you plan to visit the Site and do the tour of Delta-1, call for tour times and get reservations early - 605-433-5552.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $29.00

This is a good location for exploring the Badlands and visiting the Minuteman Missile National monument. The park is old and the pull-through sites are side-by-side, but it isn’t a problem if you are going to be gone all day. The swimming pool was clean and offered a refreshing oasis at the end of a hot summer day. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It’s right on the Interstate, but there wasn’t any road noise to keep you awake at night. The rate reflects our Good Sam discount. We camped at Circle 10 Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Circle 10 Campground ?