Covered Wagon Resort

Piedmont, South Dakota

14189 Sturgis Rd
Piedmont, South Dakota 57769

• Pull-thru Sites Pull-thru Sites ?
  • Pets Allowed Pets Allowed ?
  • Big Rig Access Big Rig Access ?
  • Full Hookup Full Hookup no
  • Sewer Sewer ?

Ask fellow campers about "Covered Wagon Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $82.00

I stayed for almost 3 weeks. Easy access to I-90 for all my sight-seeing. I have never stayed anywhere but Holiday Inn when traveling. This was not a Holiday Inn! It was clean with a very comfortable bed, wi-fi and cable tv. The nights were incredibly peaceful. The staff was very nice and I found myself very reluctant to leave due to the beauty of the overall area and the "down home" feeling of my room which had a covered porch that I enjoyed in the evening. Young kids probably would be bored but I was traveling alone and loved it! Looking forward to going back with my husband. It is a very old place which was part of the attraction for me but might be a problem for people who only want "new/modern". No pool or hot top but also (while I was there) no loud neighbors, no sounds of doors closing at all hours or people talking in the halls. Might be very different during Sturgis Rally. We camped at Covered Wagon Resort in a Cabin.

Cabin-room 4

Close to all Black Hills attractions as well as gorgeous Spearfish Canyon. Several local eating spots and only about 15 minutes down I-90 to Rapid City with just about any chain restaurant you could want as well as malls, big box stores and movie theaters.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $17.00

We stayed here while doing some business in the area. Owner was very friendly and helpful. It has easy access to and from I-90. Some traffic noise but not overwhelming. We stayed around the 4th of July and enjoyed nightly fireworks displays from the firework booths on the other side of the highway. That may be good or bad depending on if you like that kind of thing or not. Free WiFi and Cable TV both worked well. The layout of the camp sites were not set up well. Some sites are set up with utilities set up on the wrong side and cause confusion as to what site they belong to. We had to go back 3 times to get a site that would work for us. Either there was no water available, or the site was on the side of a hill and we would not be able to level our coach. The bathrooms were somewhat rustic but usable. Shower stalls were nice size, big enough for a large man. We were there 11 days and noticed the bathrooms and showers were only cleaned twice. Laundry facilities were located in the women's restroom, so if you are a man doing laundry, you need to holler in and make sure there are no females present. We did not see a club house or hot tub as listed on the PA website. Price paid is through PA and is good year round with the exception of Sturgis (usually in August). It was somewhat disappointing as the park is in a good location, but could really use some TLC. We noticed the park was up for sale when we arrived. We would stay here again short term, mostly due to the PA price. We camped at Covered Wagon Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $35.00

This RV park is not a resort. It appears to have been built in the 1950s and hasn't seen much in upgrades over the years. Roads and pads are dirt. There are nice grass tent sites on the south and west sides. There are a number of cabins that seem to be in pretty poor repair. A car lot has been established on the north side and the part adjoining the park looks like a junk yard. An old dumpster is right at the entrance. I think the Sturgis motorcycle rally keeps this place open. We camped at Covered Wagon Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Covered Wagon Resort

Are you affiliated with Covered Wagon Resort ?