Hill's RV Park & Campground

Plankinton, South Dakota

608 S Main St
Plankinton, South Dakota 57368

• Tent Camping Tent Camping ?
  • Water Spigot Water Spigot no

Ask fellow campers about "Hill's RV Park & Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $25.00

Only $20 if you didn't want sewer. The staff member who met us was very nice. This is a diamond in the rough. The sites are level, the park is clean and the hookups are convenient. We were surprised not to see more RVers in the park. Very nice for an overnight stop. We camped at Hill's RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Convenient gas station and store right across the street.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $30.00

Used as a stop on the way home from Montana. Easy access for a novice fiver driver. Sites were very level and the hook ups were pretty convenient. Not much here, but there is a pool, but we didn't use it. Owners were very helpful and polite. We camped at Hill's RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Had supper at the Roadhouse in Plankinton...about 1/2 a mile down the road. Pretty good, but the Owner/Cook/Bartender was busy.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $20.00

Agree with many of the other reviews. Great overnight stop and very convenient - right off I-90. Honor system check-in when we arrived, but know the management periodically checks for new arrival. They do have sewer (extra $5) and we chose 50-amp with water only. Gravel roads. Easy to navigate. Big rig friendly. All sites appear to be pull-in and level. You will need an extra water hose and possibly electric cord, as connections are at the rear of the pull-through site. No picnic tables or fire rings. Did not use pool, but looked nice and clean. It's a great over night stay... there is not much if anything in the area, and we used this as a stop over on our way to Wall, SD. We camped at Hill's RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Great over night stop, and would stay here again.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $25.00

Perfectly fine for an overnight. Very convenient - right off I-90, but road noise was not noticeable. When you arrive drive to the pool area to register, not the log cabin house at the entrance. There's a sign on top of the adjacent building that says "Check in here" or something like that. Check-in was easy since we reserved and paid online. Staff was onsite and friendly. 50-amp power was stable, and water pressure was good. Did not use sewer. Site was level, but connections are at the rear of the pull-through site. You'll need a long hose and power cable to connect if you are in a MH towing. Wasn't a problem for us as our hose and cable are long. Roads are easily navigable. Site was open, so we easily connected to all three Dish western arc satellites. WiFi was above average. No picnic tables or fire rings. Plenty of well-maintained grass to walk the dogs, but no enclosed dog area. All in all, a perfect one-nighter. We would definitely stay there again. We camped at Hill's RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

If you are going west from there to Black Hills, the drive through Badlands National Park is lovely and easily doable. We did it in a 38 ft MH towing, and had no problems. Also, Wall Drug is kitschy but interesting. Parking in the back was also easy for MH's towing.

Featured Campgrounds Near Hill's RV Park & Campground

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $25.00

This is a great place for an overnight stop! It is very quiet, even though it is convenient to I90. We had a full hookup, 50 amp, sewer, good water and pretty good wifi. We were able to get NBC and Antenna TV from OTA. Our site was perfectly level and, when I was told to choose which site we wanted, I wondered about the trees. The owner said to just let her know if any tree needed trimming and they would do it right away...that's good service. Fortunately the trees did not need trimming. They have a good sized swimming pool with 82 degree water, and the washers ($1.50) and dryers (1.00) worked well. They also have nice cabins for rent for $55. The place isn't fancy, but well laid out and level. We did have to use 2 hoses for the water because it was way in the back, but not a problem. The owners are very nice, and we would definitely stay here again. We camped at Hill's RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Grass, Pavers

Go see The Corn Palace in Mitchell about 25 miles east of here.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $20.00

Great for an overnight stop. The sites are all pull-through and long enough so you don't have to unhook. Though there is a nice swimming pool, this is not a resort. Rather it's quick off the highway and back on the next morning. The park is clean and well maintained. WiFi works well enough to receive your email. Water is good. Gravel interior roads and sites on grass. The sites are set up for trailers with the connections at the rear of the site. So, if you pull through and get the tow car in, the hoses and power cable will not reach. Excellent overnight stop. I believe some sites have sewer for an extra charge. The sunrise over the plain is awesome. Other than that, there's not much here. Plankinton is a small rural town with all that implies. The local restaurants aspire to more but fall short. The town of Mitchell is just 25 miles East. It's the home of the Corn Palace and a large rural town with all that implies. We will return. We camped at Hill's RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $25.00

Basic but clean rv park. Perfect for an overnight on your way through. We stayed here last year and it was equally good then. Staff is very nice and helpful. Sites are long pull through's and gravel. Fairly level. Interior roads easy to navigate. They only take cash or checks, no credit cards. We camped at Hill's RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $25.00

Great place to pull off of I-90 and stay for the night or longer. Even though it's just off the interstate, there's no road noise to keep you awake at night. Sites are spaced apart well and are long. We had our 3500 Chevy pick up, 32 foot 5th wheel and 17 ft. boat with trailer on our site and didn't need to unhook. That's a really nice feature when you're only stopping for the night. Only problem might be the placement of the sewer. It's at the back of the site, so be prepared with long hoses. Also, there aren't picnic tables at all the sites, but they are movable if you need one. We will definitely stay here again when we are in the area. Our rate was for Passport America. We camped at Hill's RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $25.00

We have stopped at this park a few times and it continues to make improvements. The actual rate was going to be 20, but since we wanted sewer it was an additional 5, still a good deal. The site was level and the hook ups were all in the rear so be prepared with additional hoses. The wifi was good at the site. There is an ice machine in the laundry area. You can also wash your rig, just make a donation for the additional use of water, but be aware the water is quite hard and will leave spots if not dried with a towel. We camped at Hill's RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $20.00

This park is an easy on/off the interstate. The site was level with central hook ups. The wifi was acceptable at the site as was the tv on rabbit ears. The owner was on site and very helpful. We camped at Hill's RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $25.00

Easy on/off access to I-90. Good value for full hook ups. Gravel sites with grass in between. Fairly level sites. Cash or check only. No credit cards. We camped at Hill's RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

ETB

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $20.00

Great place to stay over night. Easy access from I-90. Check in is self service, but while I was registering the owner arrived to help me. The owner was pleasant and helpful. This campground is on city water and water pressure was above 40 psi. When you arrive drive to the pool area (pool was closed) to register, not the log cabin house at the entrance. There are four rows of sites. All the sites in the first row on the left have FHUs. The other rows, only the first four sites have FHUs. All sites are 20, 30, 50 amp. Sewer connection is located near the entrance to the site. If you pull to the front of the site you will need a VERY long sewer hose. I have 40 feet of sewer hose and had to back up some for the hose to reach the sewer connection. The same applies for the water connection. Gravel roads within campground are in good shape. The grass was mowed. There is even some cool 'yard art' in the campground. See photos. All sites point in the general direction of the western arc satellites. Dish satellite reception was good. Verizon Cell and data were very good. Verizon data - 12.27 Mbps download and 14.50 Mbps upload. When talking to the owner she informed me a Dollar General Store just started construction last week along with a paved road to it. It's located right next to the campground and within a few hundred feet of the campground. There is free WiFi but we did not use it. We camped at Hill's RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Gas station across the street. Has diesel pumps with easy access for large RVs. Diesel was $.30 a gallon cheaper than our last fillup at FlyingJ in Sioux Falls.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $20.00

Great place for a temporary layover. Stayed two nights. Easy check-in. Just call owner; if they are not on site, then pay for your site and go find an empty site that you like. Our site was level and long enough for our camper. CG was very close to fuel stop. We would stay here again if we are in the area. We camped at Hill's RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

We visited the Corn Palace and the Pre-Historic Indian village in Mitchell, SD. Also found a Walmart and Godfathers pizza in Mitchell. The Godfathers pizza was great.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $20.00

Great 1 night stop. Didn't have to unhook tow car. Site gravel and long and level. Selected our own site that didn't have sewer as we didn't need for 1 night. Therefore we were away from most campers. Verizon worked good, but only got 2 over air stations. We camped at Hill's RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $19.00

I was surprised that the sites were level. Past comments apply and my WIFI worked well. If I come to the area, I will stay here again. You are on city water so the water is tested and is safe to drink. We camped at Hill's RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

The local restaurants are about .33 of a mile away.

Featured Campgrounds Near Hill's RV Park & Campground

Are you affiliated with Hill's RV Park & Campground ?