Sioux Falls, South Dakota

• Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no

dbcordello

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $36.00

We stayed at this park for four days in order to catch up on shopping, laundry, etc. We also did lots of bike riding on Sioux Falls' great bike paths. This park is fairly neat, with mostly permanent residents. But I can't fault the park for much, other than it doesn't give you a homey feeling like so many parks full of transients do. But our site was plenty spacious and all utilities worked well. We would definitely come back for a one or two nights stay. We camped at Tower Campground in a Motorhome.

Marybeth5613

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $35.00

It is a nice campground and the staff is very friendly. We'll stay here for future visits. The sites are padded, roomy and mostly level. We camped at Tower Campground in a Motorhome.

Thor MC

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $48.00

This is an okay campground for a short stay (we just did an overnight). Convenient to I-29, but traffic noise isn't too bad, and easy to get into and out of. The only tricky part of getting in is you cannot turn left into the campground off 12th street, and if your rig is long, you can't make the recommended U-turn at the first light on 12th. However, you can just turn left at the first light and go around the block and come back out on 12th. Sites are all back to back, no pull throughs, but the interior roads are paved and plenty wide enough. We would stay here again. We camped at Tower Campground in a Motorhome.

Falls Park is worth a visit.

Roger W

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $36.00

We stay here often because the road noise is not as bad as some of the campgrounds on I-90. The Wi-Fi is on and off but is getting better every year. The park has a lot of permanent residents that probably work in the Sioux Falls area. Some of the residents look pretty scary but that seems to improve every year also and because South Dakota is an "Open Carry" state I always wear my .45 on the outside if my clothes. It also helps to keep the dogs at bay when dog owners want to let their dogs run loose in a park with a 6 foot leash rule in effect. Seems to work. We camped at Tower Campground in a Motorhome.

Falls Park to run up the 8 flights of steps in the tower every day for some exercise. And I am 70!

Bob's Cafe for chicken and beans and slaw, you will not be disappointed.

themom3

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $40.00

We stayed here as part of a Habitat for Humanity RV Care-A-Vanner group. The park was clean and well kept and the staff was readily available. There were many long term units that appeared to have multiple employees coming and going. Sometimes, this made parking an issue as they had numerous trucks that were left helter skelter. All in all, this park was pleasant to stay at and we will stay here again. A bit pricey for the amenities provided. We camped at Tower Campground in a Motorhome.

hmmbird

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $39.00

We called in the morning for an evening reservation. The office closed at 3 pm. I picked this campground because it had a fairly good Good Sam ranking. We were assigned a spot in the "West" campground which is obviously the low rent campground. After walking through the "South" campground I can understand the great ranking by Good Sam. However the West had small unclean bathrooms with little grass, tight spaces and no picnic tables. I definately felt this was a ripoff and not remotely worth the money. Stay in South or don't stay at all. We camped at Tower Campground in a Motorhome.

Teacher's Pet

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $36.00

We didn't stay here, but were told to check it out by Texas friends who summer in the area. We had spent two nights here 10 years ago and never went back due to tightness of sites and general rundown condition of the park. That for the most part has changed. The office/residence of our last stay is gone, having been replaced by a nice new office/maintenance facility. The sites in the original campground have been cleaned up, but still tight. However the adjacent trailer park has been renovated as a newer section of the RV park. Sites are good sized and paved with full services. Some trees are found, but many sites could receive satellite service. There are some permanent residents in the park, but those RVs are well maintained for the most part. I-29 is close by, but that is the norm for most urban campgrounds. Now Tower Campground is a much more viable stopping off point, when visiting Sioux Falls as it is closer to the city center. This will be our choice for a park next time in the area. We camped at Tower Campground in a Motorhome.

bluesnugs

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $40.00

Update to earlier review. Another new manager team. Cleaner than last year. WiFi poor in spite of 3 towers in park. Many dead trees and limbs have been trimmed. Cable good. Added more sites. Road noise seems excessive. Pay attention to the directions in if you have a long rig. We camped at Tower Campground in a Motorhome.

bluesnugs

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $38.00

There is new section of the park and an old section – my comments and review is for the new section only. I have struggled with this review to make sure I am being unbiased. I lived in Sioux Falls when this park was the trashiest of trashy trailer parks. I saw it improved under a long term manager-couple to a very nice park (the older part of the park is not as nice). I no longer live in Sioux Falls but return often. In the past 2 years, I have spent 100+ nights here. Since 2013, the long term manager #1 is gone, his replacement #2 is gone, and we are on #3. The park has steadily declined. The park is owned by a major automotive dealer. So understanding of RV business is limited, necessitating an experienced park manager. The park is located conveniently for the Sioux Falls area, on I-29 a few miles south of I-90. There is road noise from the interstate and the airport is near. The entrance is challenging unless you can handle a u-turn, so you will want to see the instructions on the website and go around the block through a nearby subdivision. When you pull in, there is a rise in the drive where you will drag bottom, so take it easy. My first impression was hand written signs taped to the door with things underlined and exclamation points – a real turn off. The woman that was working when I checked in was difficult to deal with and not customer focused. Seemed to enjoy saying no to simple requests when yes would have been just as easy. The interior roads (new section) and most pads are level and paved/asphalt. Most of the pads are directly back to back and we have found ourselves parked within a foot of the guy behind. A few of the pads have one unit behind the other and the front person has to move out in order for the back person to leave. I don’t know why anyone would design an RV park like that except to slide in a few extra sites. They sure don’t get that it’s inconvenient to move an RV. Not all the sites have picnic tables. All are full hookup, and the electric service and cable work pretty well. The bathrooms were OK on some days and pretty dirty on others. Wi-Fi is a joke – you can sign on but no throughput. Many lampposts are broken. There are many mature trees with dead limbs – a lawsuit waiting to happen if one falls on a kid or a million dollar motor home. When a storm picks up, you sleep with one eye open for sure. The park is full of long term campers – a lot of construction workers and their families. Every trailer has a tow vehicle, a car, and a work truck it seems. As a result, there are vehicles parked everywhere. There are lots of small children so you really need to take special precautions when driving as all these vehicles severely restrict your vision when they are running and playing, The neighborhood is not the best – c-stores, casinos, congested manufactured homes, and a pretty awful trailer park across the road. The good news is the road (12th street) is so busy, you don’t get much foot traffic from that side of the street. There is a seedy motel that is part of the property. The playground is next to this motel. The website show photos of a laundry room that does not resemble the laundry room on site. The website also shows a “gathering room” for socializing that I have never seen nor I have I heard of anyone using. When I tried to reserve a site in the new area, away from the motel, and not one of those where you have to move your rig to let people out, I was told the sites are assigned first come first served. I arrived early so I could get a good site but then was told I couldn’t have one of the many nice vacant sites, I could only have the one they assigned me (the worst one in the place). So, I don’t know what the policy is. I was dealing with the cranky lady in the office, so it could have just been one of her bad days. There is a playground, but I indicated this is not a kid-friendly place. The reason is because there is not enough space for the kids – I watched a couple dozen kids under 12 trying to share two swings and a slide. The playground has mature trees with no room to toss a ball. Instead, they play ball and ride their bikes in the street. The kids are pretty good and the parents are around, but a ball is going to bounce off a car or RV every now and then. Will I return? Not if I can help it. We camped at Tower Campground in a Motorhome.

Army Guy

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $38.00

Nice park, easy access to our site, with large asphalt pads on the new side. Cable provided. A lot of shade trees make for nice a cool site but do hinder satellite reception. The work Campers had a lot of information to share and were very friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again. We camped at Tower Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

NaniGulfShores

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $35.00

This is nothing more than a parking lot. Units are parked so close that there is barely room for a picnic table. We were parked between two run down permanent trailers. One had plastic covering the roof and a bungee cord to keep the door closed. We stayed inside as there was nothing outside to see except dust and gravel. There was a small grass area that was a combination playground and pet area. We also saw a port-a-john but did not know why it was there. The cable tv did not work and neither did the wi-fi. I would not stay there again. We camped at Tower Campground in a Motorhome.

Myrt & Gordy

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $34.00

This park has nice paved roads and pads with grass and a picnic table. The pad was level and fairly wide. I was told quite curtly that the only pull-throughs they had were in the old section and I could have that if I wanted dirt and tight trees. With a large 5th wheel we had a difficult time backing into the site that was shared with another right behind us--about 7 feet. The road was very narrow. We had no choice but to un-hitch as the space was too short. Parking was provided next to the pad. Most of the sites have permanent residents and at 7 AM all the trucks start up and people leave for work. There are few overnight sites available. Call ahead! The laundry is nice and clean but not all machines work all the time. Management is aware of the problem but have not fixed it. I did not use the restrooms. We followed the directions on the web site, which tell you to make a U-turn but we were too big and had to go around the block, so access is not easy. The park is located right next to the noisy freeway which makes being outdoors very unpleasant. Utilities worked well and the Internet worked occasionally. We camped at Tower Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Kelly and Sandra

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $35.00

Difficult access because of traffic patterns. Park in need of some serious updates. Would not return. Too many permanent residents with little restrictions make this RV park not friendly and ugly. We camped at Tower Campground in a Motorhome.

Rambotbm

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $40.00

We are sorry to give this a low rating since the park itself isn't horrible. But the traffic and airplane noise is way way too much for anyone who is a light sleeper (which we are). This was pretty much one of the noisiest places we have ever stayed. Right up there with a park off of 101 in California and a park by LAX. Wi-fi is sporadic. The bathrooms were actually very clean. We were surprised since there are so many permanent residents with lots of stuff around their units. We will not return due the noise! We camped at Tower Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

snrstang

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $35.00

Great campground in the city. Highway noise didn't bother us at all. Modern and clean bathrooms. Paved sites, and the best cable TV we have ever had. Staff was friendly and helpful, and after the hail storm was out in force cleaning up the campgrounds. We will be back, next time we are in the area. We camped at Tower Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Tower Campground?