Days End Campground

Recent Rate: $26 10/2014

Latitude: 44.4200841446397

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Family Friendly Family Friendly no

DXSMac

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $26.00

There was a sign on the road near Rapid City advertising "Sturgis' newest RV park, exit 32." I took exit 32 trying to find THAT park, never found it, ended up here instead. I'm glad, because the park I was trying to find involved weasling deep into Sturgis, which I didn't want. It was a Saturday in October, no one was in the office. I could have self registered, but I wanted my Good Sam discount. I called, and someone did come to the office for me so I could use a credit card and get my discount. (The park closes for the winter on October 15.) Sites are grass/gravel. Restrooms were clean, so was laundry room. $2 wash, $2 dry. On dryers, you got your choice of gas or electric dryers. Not sure which is better. My TV scanned about 190 cable channels, but turns out there were duplicate and triplicate copies of channels. Anyway, any channel you could want was there. Cable was good. I was in Site 37, the office person indicated I might not get the WiFi from that site. He was right, I couldn't. I could detect it, but couldn't log on, even though the park was only 1/4 full. Verizon worked just fine. You do get some road noise from I-90, but it's not bad. The rate I am showing is after Good Sam discount and taxes. Oh, if you want to stay here during Harley time, you have to book a year in advance. Office person told me they are already booked for August 2015 Harley rally. We camped at Days End Campground in a Motorhome.

SandyBBB

Date of Stay: September, 2012 - $25.00

Nice for overnight. Trees and grass which we like. Spaces seemed narrow with our three slides. Staff was very helpful. Stayed late to check us in and gave us directions in the morning. We camped at Days End Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

jdstevens

Date of Stay: December, 2011 - $15.00

The park is open year round. Many of the facilities are limited or shut down in the winter. The office was closed and no one returned our telephone call. We paid by leaving a check in an envelope and dropping it in a mail slot. We only needed a good place to park a 36' rig with towed vehicle. We need a place for the night that would supply electricity. There were lots of large gravel pads with electricity available. There was one dog that a resident allowed to roam. The dog only bothered me on arrival. There was ample room for me to walk our dog on leash in the park. The park served our purposes well. We camped at Days End Campground in a Motorhome.

wgb

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $25.00

This is an above average RV park. They have many full sites as they are geared up for the Sturgis motorcycle rally each Aug. Almost the entire park is gravel but the spaces are nicely spaced. No side by side spaces that I noted. The Wi-Fi worked fine as we were fairly close to the office. Not too many trash cans-you have to walk to one central point. The park is right off the interstate. Convenient to get to, but you do get some noise during the day, but night should be no problem. Overall a good park to do the Black Hills area. We camped at Days End Campground in a Motorhome.

User1030

Date of Stay: May, 2011 - $24.00

This is the only CG we visited without first checking the reviews here. We had planned to stay in Custer SD, but temps there were dropping and we decided to just travel on. This is close to the interstate, but we didn't notice any noise. The camp hosts were exceptionally friendly and chose a site where they thought we would have the best WiFi reception. The washrooms and laundry rooms were spotlessly clean. Nice grassy area for dogwalking, but the RV sites were close to each other and not totally level. (We are small, so we usually do find level ground easily). We would stay here again. We camped at Days End Campground in a Motorhome.

Bill Thibadeau

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $24.00

Good for a single night. A bit too much freeway noise. Office staff seemed more interested in selling gift items than informing me of the WiFi access, cable TV channel listings, location of the restrooms, providing a park layout sheet, etc. I would look for a quieter park next time. We camped at Days End Campground in a Travel Trailer.

genekatt

Date of Stay: July, 2008 - $24.00

Huge park, that is adding another 45 full hookups. Gravel sites with a tree at most sites. Large grassy area for tents. Also has a beer garden that is set up during large events, such as the Sturgis Motorcycle rally in August. Close to freeways, so some noise exists, but not bad, and ebbs further back in the park. The advantage, is that you are 10 miles from Deadwood on one of the highways, and another goes to Spearfish, another to Rapid City, etc. When the wind comes up, there is nothing to block it, so it shakes the 5th pretty good. Had some trouble with wi-fi for a couple of days, but they got it fixed, and made their office site available during the down time. Folks are very friendly, and very accommodating. Our stay is for 6 days, and we would definitely return. We camped at Days End Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Days End Campground?