Days End Campground

Sturgis, South Dakota 57785

Latitude: 44.42008

• Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?

Ask fellow campers about "Days End Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $18.00

We wouldn't recommend this park unless using the PA rate. Check in at the old, cigarette-smoke filled office was thankfully quick, and we parked in a long, gravel pull-thru with neighbors so close that our slides almost touched. Road noise was expected but not all that bad. Cable was fuzzy analog, no OTA TV, and no obstructions to the satellites. WiFi wouldn't connect, but Verizon Cell/Data were strong. OK this time of year because there were few others camped, but wouldn't want to be here when crowded. We camped at Days End Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $15.00

This is a large RV park that probably best serves the "biker" community during the Sturgis Rally. The sites are basic and there's a lot of highway noise. Our site was basically crushed rock with lots of weeds. The site was narrow, but super long. No privacy at all because of the narrow spaces and there's no fence or trees or anything to separate you from the road. So you're really exposed. The Wifi was really weak, even at 5 AM. This park is OK for one night if you're passing through, only because it's cheap and easy to get to. But don't plan on an enjoyable stay. Think "gravel highway rest stop." The cable TV was not useful to us as it must come out of Canada or somewhere; there was very limited local/U.S. networks (e.g. lots of soccer, no football). We're not "bikers" and we're not heavy drinkers. Seems like Sturgis is all about big bars, and the bars aren't even old rustic historical places. They are huge, fairly new, bars built to look old. So wandering the streets and enjoying the history (including the old-time bars), small shops, art galleries, wasn't really to level we had hoped for. We were disappointed in what Sturgis had to offer. We camped at Days End Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $25.00

Driving home from Yellowstone, we just wanted a site for the night. This was a good choice. We got the non-bike rally price for an electric-only site. Since the park was mostly empty, it was easy to maneuver around and we had our choice of sites. Our site was pretty level and clean. There was a low level of road noise from I-90, but that's what you get when you don't want to go far afield. The wifi worked quite well, and we had a good AT&T cell signal. Right off I-90. The campground map showed there is a beer garden in the campground during busy times. All in all, a nice place to spend a night. We camped at Days End Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $50.00

Dishonest rates on website. Small cramped spaces, trash on the ground. Didn't have long enough to experience anything else except no shade and highway noise. After set up and questioning the added fees, I was threatened and we were forced to leave. Owner and employees extremely rude and threatening to me and my wife. I am handicapped and in a wheelchair. Won't go here ever again. A word to the wise!!! We camped at Days End Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt, Sand

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Featured Campgrounds Near Days End Campground

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $46.00

Stayed @ this campsite for a month during Sturgis Bike Week. Great location. Easy access to everything. We camped at Days End Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Right off the interstate. Great location!

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $37.00

Stayed over night on our way to Big Horn Mountains in Wyoming. Only complaint was that after driving 13 hrs we were very tired and looking forward to a good night's sleep. That didn't happen due to the people parked next to us. They were drinking when we were setting up and later started fighting, screaming and lots of bad language. This went on until 3 in the morning. We got zero sleep. Left very early in the morning feeling very tired. Not a good way to start a vacation. Other than that we didn't use any of the facilities. All we wanted was a good night's rest! Will never stop there again! We camped at Days End Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $29.00

Stayed mid September on way home. Had a sick cat & manager provided name of a good vet. Quiet, reasonable with easy access to highway & town. We camped at Days End Campground in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $31.00

A very large campground to handle the demand during the Motorcycle Festival, but very comfortable when the bikes aren't in town. Convenient to the freeway but we heard no freeway noise. Our pullthru space was very long with adequate space to park the toad. There are some long term renters but their spaces were neat and clean, no problems at all. The office is staffed until noon only this time of year. The lady was driving out when we drove in just after 12:00 and came back to check us in. Very good service from her.
The park is a convenient distance for day trips to Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse monument and Deadwood. If I was coming thru here again, this is where I'd stay. We camped at Days End Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $13.00

We have stayed in this campground five times and have always been very pleased with our stay. Staff is friendly and happy to help with any thing we needed. The campground is well maintained and the showers/restroom clean. With staying there a month, it was handy to have laundry facilities. We stayed in the campground for a month this year so the rate reflected above is the monthly rate of $400 converted to a daily rate. Electric was included in the monthly rate. We camped at Days End Campground in a Motorhome.

There are many things to see and do while in the Black Hills area.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $28.00

Park is gravel as well are sites, level, no shade, large. Park is geared for the Sturgis Rally. It is clean and good for a couple of nights. Can walk to Dollar store, McDonald's...........nice people manage the park................

During Sturgis week or two the site goes for $1500.00 up weekly. We camped at Days End Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Fast food nearby

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $21.00

Great location on edge of Sturgis, facilities were very clean, managers were helpful in answering any questions or providing information, would stay here again. We camped at Days End Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $70.00

This is the 3rd year we have stayed at Day's End just before the Sturgis motorcycle rally. We will definitely be back next year. The park is very well maintained and clean. The office/convenience store has a small selection of food items but it does have a good selection of souvenirs and beverages. We camped at Days End Campground in a Cabin.

Cabin I

We enjoy riding our motorcycles around the Black Hills and see the sights in the area.

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $26.00

There was a sign on the road near Rapid City advertising "Sturgis' newest RV park, exit 32." I took exit 32 trying to find THAT park, never found it, ended up here instead. I'm glad, because the park I was trying to find involved weasling deep into Sturgis, which I didn't want. It was a Saturday in October, no one was in the office. I could have self registered, but I wanted my Good Sam discount. I called, and someone did come to the office for me so I could use a credit card and get my discount. (The park closes for the winter on October 15.) Sites are grass/gravel. Restrooms were clean, so was laundry room. $2 wash, $2 dry. On dryers, you got your choice of gas or electric dryers. Not sure which is better. My TV scanned about 190 cable channels, but turns out there were duplicate and triplicate copies of channels. Anyway, any channel you could want was there. Cable was good. I was in Site 37, the office person indicated I might not get the WiFi from that site. He was right, I couldn't. I could detect it, but couldn't log on, even though the park was only 1/4 full. Verizon worked just fine. You do get some road noise from I-90, but it's not bad. The rate I am showing is after Good Sam discount and taxes. Oh, if you want to stay here during Harley time, you have to book a year in advance. Office person told me they are already booked for August 2015 Harley rally. We camped at Days End Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2012 - $25.00

Nice for overnight. Trees and grass which we like. Spaces seemed narrow with our three slides. Staff was very helpful. Stayed late to check us in and gave us directions in the morning. We camped at Days End Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2011 - $15.00

The park is open year round. Many of the facilities are limited or shut down in the winter. The office was closed and no one returned our telephone call. We paid by leaving a check in an envelope and dropping it in a mail slot. We only needed a good place to park a 36' rig with towed vehicle. We need a place for the night that would supply electricity. There were lots of large gravel pads with electricity available. There was one dog that a resident allowed to roam. The dog only bothered me on arrival. There was ample room for me to walk our dog on leash in the park. The park served our purposes well. We camped at Days End Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Days End Campground

Are you affiliated with Days End Campground ?