9.3 Excellent

Altamont, Tennessee

2406 Gap Rd
Altamont, Tennessee 37301

Elevation: 2040' (approx.)

Ask fellow campers about "Grand View Cabins and RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $35.00

Wish I could give 11 stars...can't say enough about manager and his staff. Helped me out when my fifth wheel battery failed, lent me tools, very friendly. Campsite had a nice view and you could walk about 100 feet to a great view. Internet was strong. Pull through site was easy to manage. These folks went out of their way to make me feel comfortable at all times. It's what other RV parks should model themselves after. We camped at Grand View Cabins and RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $37.00

I can agree with most of what the others have said about this RV park. It is a beautiful setting with a view over many hills and valleys. It is very well maintained with seasonal decorations. I should have asked when I made reservations about the price but I assumed that it would be what was quoted on their website $30. When I arrived I was charged almost $37 per night even after I mentioned the website stated $30. The distance going out there and up the 8% grade up the mountain had me settle for this higher amount. If they want to charge this much they really should advertise it factually. The gravel drives and sites were done nicely but I did have to put 5" of blocking under my front tires to be level. This park is designed for self contained units as it only has a single restroom and shower in the office. This was not a problem for us as we use our own facilities. We had a 40' mh w/ toad. It is 23 miles to Manchester and 26 miles to McMinnville. We camped at Grand View Cabins and RV Park in a Motorhome.

I took a hike to 2 waterfalls near Altamont. Helper Falls was the bigger one. Hike was listed as moderate. It was very rocky with much up and down well marked trails. There is a rock ledge above the falls trail that they have installed a metal spiral stairway about 20-30' down and then wooden stairs to the bottom. The trail from above the falls loops to Broadtree Falls and this part of the trail is much easier.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $30.00

This is a great place to stay if you are planning to visit the Jack Daniel's distillery and other sights around Lynchburg and Tullahoma, Tn. This park is aptly named. The campground sits on a hilltop and the view is simply beautiful. The grounds are very clean, the sites are level, and the utilities are nicely situated. Our power never fluctuated and the water is nice and cool. The sites could be a bit further apart, but we had no problems extending our slides and awnings on both sides when we set up our 44' motorhome. Being able to sit on the dock, over the pond, watching the sunrise with a cup of coffee and my dog, made my days. We loved the peace and quiet of this park, along with the beautiful sunrises and sunsets. The owners could not be more friendly or helpful. We will definitely be back this way again. We camped at Grand View Cabins and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Lynchburg and Tullahoma are a short drive from the campground. Jack Daniel's distillery, Miss Mary Bobo's Boarding House, and Bridlewood Farms are some sights worthy of a visit

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $25.00

This is not your average campground. Well off the beaten path, but just close enough to visit civilization: if you want. The campground is small, just 14 sites & 4 cabins. The views are breathtaking. The campground is quiet, immaculate & a perfect spot to escape the stress of modern life-even cell reception is spotty. We wish we had the foresight to forgo the second destination of our vacation & stayed here for our second week. We will definitely be back. We camped at Grand View Cabins and RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Grand View Cabins and RV Park

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $25.00

Very nice campground. Owners were away, but campground manager was wonderful, and very helpful! Quiet, clean place with friendly campers; lovely view, and small, stocked pond for fishing. We camped at Grand View Cabins and RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $25.00

We loved this park. As other reviewers said, it's small and off the beaten path. We stayed in the "annex" at the back of the park which we enjoyed. The park is off a road that eventually dead ends, so there is almost no traffic once it gets dark. Wonderful owners - very friendly and caring. We didn't use the shower or bathroom, but the office was very tidy and the washing machine and dryer area was spotless. We overlooked a lovely pond with a shared paddleboat and a public seating area. The view from the property is truly grand! We stayed 5 nights and we would go out of our way for a return visit. We camped at Grand View Cabins and RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $25.00

As the only other reviewer said this is a quiet, clean little park with wonderful owners and spectacular view. The office has 1 bath room with 1 shower but with only 6 overnite sites the ratio is better than most. Even the long term sites are clean and well maintained. We camped at Grand View Cabins and RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

RV site 3

Plenty of hiking in Savage Gulf SNA, convenient to Monteagle and Sewanee (The University of the South). If you like camping by the interstate this is not for you but if a half hour off interstate in quiet area with lots of hiking and outdoor sights then this is it. Check with South Cumberland State Park for all the outdoor locations in the area. They are very helpful.

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $25.00

This little park off the beaten path truly has a grand view. The owners couldn't be more accommodating, kind, or caring. I hesitate reviewing only because I don't want to give away this private little place on the mountain. I'd like to keep it all to myself. Don't expect resort style amenities, but if you want peace, quiet, and a beautiful view to look at every day, this might be the place to run and hide. Gap Rd can be a bit difficult to maneuver, but to me, it's worth the two miles off the main road. We camped at Grand View Cabins and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Grand View Cabins and RV Park

Are you affiliated with Grand View Cabins and RV Park ?