Athens I-75 Campground

Athens, Tennessee

dandg

We have stayed here for a month every year for the past 4 years but this year will probably be our last. The campground is for sale and maintenance is being ignored. Most of the pull-through sites have power and cable issues and are very tightly packed. The grass was about 6 inches tall when we arrived and no one cut any of the sites for the whole month we were there. Fire ants are everywhere. The host are not friendly but this is nothing new for this park. This park is fine for an overnight visit and easy to get around in, although a little hard to find behind Krystal's. We camped at Athens I-75 Campground in a Motorhome.

lllkrob

This property is up for sale. The facilities are getting run down and shabby looking. Hookups are needing updating and repair in some instances but nothing much is being done. The pull-through sites are barely long enough for a 40' coach and small toad and are crammed together with your neighbor's sewer hose next to your picnic table. Trees between sites make slide deployment iffy. Other than a quick overnight, don't bother. We camped at Athens I-75 Campground in a Motorhome.

onehappycamper

Older park but great for an overnight stay. Close to I-75 but far enough so that traffic noise is not a problem. Older couple running the park are very pleasant and accommodating. Easy to miss because it's behind a Krystal burger joint and a racetrack gas station. Keep your eyes pealed on the right .4 miles from exit. I would stop again. They are open year round. We camped at Athens I-75 Campground in a Motorhome.

jcbus

Needs some work. But a good place for one night. Easy in and out. Restaurants in walking distances. We camped at Athens I-75 Campground in a Motorhome.

BRANDYC

Nice campground just off of the interstate perfect for a overnight stay for us. The grass was in need of cutting. Pretty sure they would have cut it, but it had been raining non stop for 2 days. Owners were very helpful and nice. The sites were level, but we had a little trouble navigating on the roads. So I would say it is not big rig friendly. The water and power worked fine. We would stay there again. We camped at Athens I-75 Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

leftyfaye

It's an OK park for a night or two. It's very old and needs some TLC. The top of our RV is into the tree branches, so the trees need trimming badly. Right outside our door is a large tree with a bug catcher attached to it that catches your eye as soon as you walk out the door. The pull through sites are short so you have to unhook. It is in an awesome location and very quiet. All but a half dozen RV's are people living and working in the area, but they are quiet, too. We will stay here again. We camped at Athens I-75 Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Bob and Inga

$21 plus 14% taxes or $23.94 per night. This is a somewhat dated former KOA run by a nice older couple. We had a 50 amp FHU with a nice cable lineup of about 60 or so stations. All hookups worked fine, though they might give you a pause looking at them. A nice quiet area but some road noise from I-75. We spent 4 nights. There are two golf courses nearby. As posted, you can walk to many places, Applebee's is right across the street. The campground is right behind the Raceway gas station so turn into it as if you are getting gas. A Russell Stover store is also nearby, so be warned. We camped at Athens I-75 Campground in a Motorhome.

dandg

We have stayed here a couple of times. Nothing fancy but clean and convenient. Sites are a little tight but we managed with a 40' motorhome. Host are very friendly and helpful. Wi-Fi is available but rarely reaches the campsites. Restaurants are within walking distance. We would stay here again. We camped at Athens I-75 Campground in a Motorhome.

johngalt

Wow! Wasn't expecting much, since it was right off the interstate, but it was VERY nice. Little to no noise from interstate, sites pretty level, and paved (albeit old asphalt), hookups were in good shape. Bath-house 6/10. Sites kind of close, but had room for slide-outs and tables. Nice folks at the office. Mostly long-termers, but it was a very quiet campground: no tricyle motors making a racket, or boom-shakalaka stereo's going on. Great place for an over-nighter off the interstate. Definitely stay here again, if the schedule works out that way. We camped at Athens I-75 Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Mushroom

Very few overnight spots right now. Filled with pipeline workers for local projects. Clean and pleasant. Overhead lines aren't a problem. We didn't use the cable. The area was well kept and the owners were quite friendly. My spousal unit made the trip inside, but one of the owners came out to say 'hi' and check me out. He knows who is supposed to be there. I did not hear freeway noise at all. Most spots would have a problem with Sat, lots of shade. Sites were a little short, but we fit well with a 36ft and jeep. I stay here again. We camped at Athens I-75 Campground in a Motorhome.

User810

It's great over night stop with easy access to to I-75. There are associated Interstate noises but there are some trees providing a buffering to the I-75 noise. I received a warm southern hospitality greeting from staff. They were friendly and helpful. Made us feel welcome!!! It's an older campground. Pull-Sites were adequate for turning into and pull-out. However had to unhitch my F-250 tow vehicle from our D29 ( 31 ft) travel trailer. Until I unhitched I was blocking one of the roads. Adequate room for slide outs and provided picnic tables. The rest room were clean but not spotlessly clean, dated and worn. Decided to shower in our unit. Large center play area was directly under High-tension power lines running through the campground. The playground for kids was directly under lower-power lines. Picnic tables were worn and weathered usable. There are 17 pull-through sites with water, electric and sewer, and 7 pull-through sites with water and electric only. Also available: 17 sites that are "back in's" for monthly rental. Plus there are some mobile homes dotting the perimeter of the camp sites. There are several long-term campers in place but all had neat and clean sites. Small swimming pool & pool house was closed. ( it was early April after all) I'd stay again. We camped at Athens I-75 Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Athens I-75 Campground?