Bristol / Kingsport KOA

Blountville, Tennessee

Recent Rate: $46 8/2014

DonnaZ2011

This was just an overnight stop. To get to it requires navigating a winding , hilly road. The driveway down into the campground is quite steep. We had a pull-through that was actually two sites back to back. The Wi-Fi was good,and the cable was OK. They have a café with lots to choose from and they will deliver to your site. There seemed to be many seasonal people. It was OK for an overnight but if your rig is over 40 feet and you are towing you might want to think twice. We camped at Bristol / Kingsport KOA in a Motorhome.

markiv73

I stayed here as a stopover on the way home. The entrance is pretty steep, but if you take it slow and pay attention, it's not a problem. I had a nice long pull-through site. Didn't even have to unhook the trailer from the truck. Staff was extremely friendly. I arrived just minutes before the on-site cafe was scheduled to close. They kept it open long enough for me to get registered, and parked in the site. The BBQ was really good. They even delivered my order to my campsite. Since this was just a stopover, I did not use the shower or restroom facilities. They have a playground for the kids, but didn't use them. However, the rest of the campground was really nice and I would think the other facilities would be in good working order. My campsite had 2 fire rings. One on each end of the site, along with a built in charcoal grill. The sewer connection was on a steep grade, but going down hill. May be a problem for some people, but I liked how it hooked up. My tanks drained really fast. I would stay in this campground again if in the area. We camped at Bristol / Kingsport KOA in a Travel Trailer.

arkietraveler

Nice park. Friendly staff. Good Wi-Fi and cable. Again a little pricey for a KOA but they're all like that. Would stay here again. We camped at Bristol / Kingsport KOA in a Motorhome.

WyldeRaven

We were just passing through the area so only stayed 1 night out of the Memorial Day weekend. The rate reflects that it was on a holiday weekend. Everyone was friendly and they provide an escort to your site. We were on a pull-thru site without a patio which was fine for us. The campground was filling up fast with trailers backed up against each other, but we luckily had a site to ourselves and didn't even have to unhook our towed vehicle. This place has lots of activities for everyone (pony rides, pool, playground,and movies). I could see coming here for a week to decompress and not leaving the campground. They will even deliver your food order from their cafe to your site for free. Lovely area and I highly recommend it especially for families. We camped at Bristol / Kingsport KOA in a Motorhome.

petpeople

The rate is after the military discount. This KOA is not directly off I-81 and you have to travel on some narrow country roads. Going into the property is off a curve in the road and down a short steep entrance. In the campground itself there are two roads to exit the sites with one being very short and steep so you need to decide which exit your rig can handle. The people at this KOA are very helpful and the grounds are kept clean. The Wi-Fi worked great and we would stay here again. We have a 36' RV with a small tow car. We camped at Bristol / Kingsport KOA in a Motorhome.

BigRigTravelerUSA

Rate reflects VK discount for a deluxe pull-through with deck and patio furniture. Check in is up a substantial flight of stairs for seniors and those with disabilities. Route into park is curvy with lots of hills. Interior roads and sites are gravel and fairly narrow. Dog off-leash park is long, but not very wide since there is a divider down the middle. Appeared to be lots of activities for the kids. We stayed two nights and would stay again. We camped at Bristol / Kingsport KOA in a Motorhome.

CharlesN

Nice campground. We only stayed here overnight on our way to New Orleans. The staff was great and they made the best BBQ ribs. We would stay here again if we have the opportunity...and would also have more of those ribs. We camped at Bristol / Kingsport KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

hoojs12840

We stayed here based on the reviews we had seen. Which were correct about the friendly staff and clean, quiet campground. Wife loved the showers. Each bathroom is private with sink, toilet and shower. .Staff knew my sons name and called him by it all weekend. Lots of activities for the kids and not all modern. It felt more like a field day at elementary school, which we really liked. Pony rides which cost 7.00, are well worth it. There is also a Pygmy goat you can take for a walk anytime for free. It's a small campground, maybe 50 sites, so it was pretty relaxing. Some of the sites are also two sites that can used backed up to each other. It wasn't crowded, so we had both to ourselves as did the others on similar sites. The campground is in-between hills so it's very steep in some places. Very little if any level ground. Our site required 4-5" of leveling on one side. Some of the back in sites would require jacking up the back to get the front down to get level. The site map is not close to scale on the distance between sites, I've seen closer, but it's still a little close for my taste. The only reason I gave it a 9 instead of a 10 is some of the hook ups are on the wrong side. They have water and cable between every other site, so if you get the odd site you need 40' of hose/cord to reach and it is just something for the kids to trip over. I recommend the Hands on Museum in Jonesboro for kids and the Bristol Speedway tour is a bargain at $5. We would stay again. We camped at Bristol / Kingsport KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Energizer

What a lovely campground. We stopped on our way south and were pleasantly surprised, as not many parks are open in the winter. The bathrooms and showers were private and immaculate. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The grounds are well kept and we consider this a gem. We will definitely return. We camped at Bristol / Kingsport KOA in a Motorhome.

dsotmoon

Very clean and easy to access campground. I'm a newbie to camping, but it was very easy to navigate in and out with a 34' TT. Great area attractions, with a lot of local history and great food within 30 minute drive. The store was very clean and nice, with a small grill inside. You could order from the grill and they would deliver the food to your site; we didn't use it but it was a nice option. When we arrived they were very nice and we had an escort to the site. The gentleman made sure i didn't need any help and answered my questions before he left. He and few other staff members were around on the golf cart quite a bit cleaning and checking on things; no trash or debris anywhere I could see. Very quiet campground, nowhere near heavy traffic. We were in pull-through site #1; we loved having the wooden deck right outside the door! We camped at Bristol / Kingsport KOA in a Travel Trailer.

TheDoLifeFamily

We stayed there for over a week and we loved it! The kids playground was awesome! We were right in front of the playground so we could watch the kids play while we were by our RV. They even had a huge jumping pillow which was free to use. The showers were private and clean with good water pressure! One thing that I didn't like was that the laundry room closed at 7:00PM and that it's quite far from the city. I would recommend this campground for people with kids.. We camped at Bristol / Kingsport KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Capt Rick Key Largo

This was a one night stop over for us. Nice park in the hills. Very nice people, rustic location, not to bad to get in and out of. Home cooking restaurant on premises. We will use this again when in the area. We camped at Bristol / Kingsport KOA in a Motorhome.

okdiver

Access is down some narrow winding roads. Interior roads are gravel. Pads are gravel. Lots to keep kids busy. They have a tiny fenced dog run (tiny must be a KOA policy). The full time/seasonal sites are level. Most other sites are not. This park is on a hillside, so bring extra jack pads. We used about 10 inches on the down hill side, and we have an HWH system. Camp store was complete and staff was helpful. One problem is that the park has horses, and the place is riddled with nails. We camped at Bristol / Kingsport KOA in a Motorhome.

jwomack

It is very overpriced for what you get. There is a difficult entrance and exit from property onto a county road. The interior roads narrow and very steep in places. While directing me into a back-in site, the escort would have backed me into a small windmill on my blind side had my wife not seen it. The site was gravel and the hook-ups were not readily accessible. It is a very noisy park and we were put near the playground. We will not stay here again. We camped at Bristol / Kingsport KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Popupcampers

This was a clean, well kept campground. The staff was not overly friendly but directed us to our campsite. The sites are adequate size but are very close together. Not sure why it was more expensive than the other KOA campgrounds that we stayed at on our trip but this campground was not worth the $54.00 per night price they charged. We camped at Bristol / Kingsport KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Bristol / Kingsport KOA?