9.2 Excellent

• Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit yes
  • Billiards Billiards yes

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $40.00

We stayed here for an overnight on our way north. What a good place it is! This is a campground with amazing bath and showers! Very clean, very woodsy in décor and easy to get to. Didn't use the laundry but their machines looked to be brand new. We were met by the owners; escorted to our site. Great place! We camped at Rocky Top Campground in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel

Drive up to Bristol! Sweet city.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $41.00

First appearances are deceiving. While there are a lot of hills in this small park, my short term pull thru site was level and easy to navigate. Owners on site and were very welcoming and helpful. This place supplies not one but three sewer connections to accommodate different size rv's, very unusual but wonderful. The laundry is so tiny that we elected to wait until the next stop. We camped at Rocky Top Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $37.00

Nice family owned park. Check in was easy and we were even given a little welcome bag with candy, crackers and a newspaper in it. Escorted to our site by the husband who made sure everything was good before he left. Interior roads are paved. Although this campground is on the side of a hill the sites are terraced and level. Plenty of room between sites. Among the nicest and cleanest restrooms and showers we've encountered in our travels. Wi-Fi worked well and plenty of cable tv channels. Would stay again if in the area. We camped at Rocky Top Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $41.00

Great park with very helpful staff. We have stayed at other parks in this area and this park is 100%better than others. We had a large pull thru site that was plenty long for our coach and toad. Was escorted to our site by owner and he made sure everything was working before he left. The site had three sewer hook ups so you could use the one that was closest to your hose. Dog area was clean and poop bags located thru out park. Each site has patio, table and fire ring. We have grand kids in area and this will be our park to stay in while visting. We camped at Rocky Top Campground in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Grass

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $27.00

What a lovely little park. The staff were so helpful and friendly. The park is very well kept and delightful. We left wishing that we had time to stay longer. We will stay there again if we are in the area. We camped at Rocky Top Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Make reservations ahead of time because I am thinking this park will fill up.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $40.00

We've stayed at this campground before, so we knew what a great little campground this is. It is clean, management is very accommodating, decent wi-fi, etc...everything that makes for a friendly, receptive place to stay. I'm not so sure kids would have much to do, but that is not a concern for us. Their lower exit does have a bit of a dragging issue as you make your way onto a blind curve road...although, true to form one of the staff was out in the road watching for problems as we left...nice! Great stay...very convenient for I-81 travelers. We camped at Rocky Top Campground in a Motorhome.

We were in the area for the International Story Telling event in Jonesborough, TN. The Apple Festival was happening the same time in Erwin, TN..about 25 miles from the cg. Beautiful area...Johnson City is a pretty town...campground is just off I-81...about 7 miles east of I-26.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $40.00

This was my first experience with Rocky Top Campground. I was impressed. Lot's of positives and very few if any negatives. The pros: very clean restrooms (a HUGE plus), terraced pull through sites, clean 50 amp power, very friendly and helpful staff, quiet location, good wifi, clean dog walk and easy access to I-81.

Can't think of any negatives except that we didn't get to stay long enough. We will be back! We camped at Rocky Top Campground in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Gravel

About one and 1/2 miles off I-80. Don't confuse Rocky Top campground with the KOA which is a little further down the road.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $40.00

Cozy campground, peaceful, perfect for adults with pets. Clean, convenient dog run, spacious sites. Close to the road but the noise isn't intrusive. Lovely setting with forested landscape. Outbuildings charming. Wifi fast and free. Friendly staff. We camped at Rocky Top Campground in a Motorhome.

Convenient off and on to 81.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $41.00

Beautiful campground, very well managed, clean, quiet, convenient to I-81. Hubby will drive an hour longer, stop an hour earlier just to stay here whenever we are traveling along I-81. Sites are terraced into the side of a hill, quite level, mostly pull thrus, shady with nice views with pads of either paved or packed clean gravel and concrete or wood patios. There is a sauna but no swimming pool. Great Wi-Fi and cable television. Hosts are great, lead you to your site and help you get out onto Pearl Lane again in the morning by walking out into the road and stopping traffic if he thinks you might need it. (We didn't but he did it anyway ! :) )

This is an adults-only campground so if you have children in tow, best continue to the KOA less than a mile down the road. We camped at Rocky Top Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $37.00

I have never given 5 stars across the board to a campground. It is very hard to be that good. But Rocky Top did it for me.

They run a very tight ship there and I appreciate that attitude. Roads are paved and yes some fairly steep place--it's Tennessee.

Most of the sites are terraced so each is or almost is already level. The are either paved or packed clean gravel with a concrete or wood patio. W/E/cable are on one post. My site had 2 places for sewer hook up and I saw others like that too.

There is some space between some sites, less at others. At some there is landscaping for privacy, less so at others. All have advantages.

The bathhouse is in the center of the park and clean and nice is just the start point. There is great water pressure and shower heads are wonderful, nice even spray. Showers have glass doors to keep your dressing area dry, plenty of hooks and a bench for your things. I use the bath house at RV parks and really appreciate a comfortable clean restroom and shower.

Talked with the man/owner quite a bit. He has a very dry wit but it easy to deal with and very helpful.

He will guide you into the back-in sites. I liked this as we had never done that from up a steep hill. If you are very accomplished at backing up a trailer/5th wheel, fine, just relax and let him help you.

There is plenty of space to walk your dog and bags and disposal cans about every 50/70 feet!

It is a small park and stays full most of the summer. We were lucky to get one night . Weekends as usual are booked.

There is no pool or playground, but there is a pay for time sauna. Didn't try this as it was 90 degrees outside. We camped at Rocky Top Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $37.00

Call for reservations if you have a big rig! There are only a few large sites.

We could not use satellite because of trees. The owner told us they could not guarantee it when we made reservations. WiFi and Verizon were good.

Well kept campground with great owners. We camped at Rocky Top Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $32.00

Wonderful tidy campground. We were given a goody bag and local paper on checkin.

Did have to use a leveling board at our pull-through site. We camped at Rocky Top Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Enjoyed Pals for dinner and both nearby wineries were great visits!

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $35.00

We stayed for one night but wouldn't mind spending a few days. Reception area is where it begins, and this definitely got things off to a good start. Escorted to large pull-through site after registration, with gentleman checking to make sure everything was in order. Showed me where to best point dish for satellite reception. All services worked fine, with very good wi-fi. The park was clean, quiet and well maintained. We camped at Rocky Top Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2016 - $35.00

I have been here since January of this year, 2016 and am not leaving until Monday, July 25th. This managing couple are INCREDIBLE people who have helped me SO much! I had snow stuck on my slide-out that started to melt and LEAK into my camper that had never had a leak. I asked to borrow a push broom and ladder and the next thing I knew, he was on the ladder pushing off the snow with the push broom! These people really care about their guests and bend over backward to make sure your stay is amazing! This is my second long term time here and I just LOVE it!! MUCH better than the KOA down the street!! We camped at Rocky Top Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Asphalt, Gravel, Grass

This area: Kingsport, Bristol and Johnson City, is covered with things to do! I just LOVE it here!!

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $41.00

This is a well maintained adult oriented campground, the owners were helpful and friendly at check in, and we had an escort to our site. Interior roads are paved and big rig access was good. Our spacious level pull through site was hard packed gravel with a concrete patio, picnic table,fire ring, barbecue and was plenty long enough for our forty foot motor home and towed. There was a little road noise during the day but it was quiet at night time. There appeared to be some permanent residents, but sites were neat and tidy. Bathrooms were spacious and spotless however the laundry was small and cramped. Very pet friendly with doggie bags and disposal stations. WiFi was a challenge but cell was good. The campground would make a good base to explore the area and also makes a good overnight stop. We would stay here again. We camped at Rocky Top Campground in a Motorhome.

Pine Mountain RV Park

Pigeon Forge, Tennessee

Lakeshore RV Park

Shadrack Campground

Bristol, Tennessee

Are you affiliated with Rocky Top Campground ?